• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

The truth always comes out!

image.php

Fei

Buffalo has the most games played and the least points.
Buffalo has the most games played and the least goals scored.
Buffalo has scored 7 goals in 7 games. Tomas Hertl has scored 7 goals in 5 games.

I knew it would be bad, but I don't think I was prepared for this. :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Buffalo has scored 7 goals in 7 games. Tomas Hertl has scored 7 goals in 5 games.

Does this mean we can get Ehrhoff back?

Edmonton's +/- stats are ridiculously bad.

RNH -9
Hemksy -8
Hall -7
J. Schultz -7

RNH has only played 4 games! :0

The Oilers are the worst for GA, but not even close to being the worst for GF, so it's pretty clear what needs to change. They (Lowe and his gaggle of morons) must be close to making a move for a goalie + veteran defense-man. I don't see how this can go on past October.

One loss away from franchise record for worst start. It already pretty much is the worst start though , since the other two times it is tied with they had less regulation losses.

RNH -9
Hemksy -8
Hall -7
J. Schultz -7

The Oilers are the worst for GA, but not even close to being the worst for GF, so it's pretty clear what needs to change. They (Lowe and his gaggle of morons) must be close to making a move for a goalie + veteran defense-man. I don't see how this can go on past October.

Edmonton and Buffalo should swap shitty underachieving young "stars". How about a -7 Tyler Myers for a -7 Taylor Hall? Toss in bonus Drew Stafford for whatever you want.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mactavish said he wanted to make bold moves when he took over, it's not going to get a whole better for the Oilers so he'll probably make a move sooner then later.

Cactus

Banned
Fantasy league question. Which set of players would you rather have in a points only league:

Byfuglien, Reimer (wins=2 pts, SO=1 pt) and Moulson

or

Spezza, Gardiner and Semin

Quick

Banned
Mactavish said he wanted to make bold moves when he took over, it's not going to get a whole better for the Oilers so he'll probably make a move sooner then later.

What bolder a move than hiring himself as head coach, promoting Eakins to assistant GM, and hiring Kevin Lowe as GM?

Does this mean we can get Ehrhoff back?

Garrison > Ehrhoff.

Sabres are bad but they're rebuilding. The Oilers should already be rebuilt.

Canucks are going to lose to the Sabres. I just know it.

Also, Pokemon X/Y is amazing. Near-instant save, EXP share, UI that tells you which Pokemon can take an item, awesome Box features, EXP for captures, the ability to send a Pokemon to the Box when you receive one with a full party,
hordes

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions

RNH -9
Hemksy -8
Hall -7
J. Schultz -7

I wouldn't read too much into +/-.
It's a pretty useless stat; and even more useless when:
- your goaltending is awful at even-strength
- your coach is playing the 1st line (Hall, Hemsky, Nuge) for nearly 40% of the games

Don't get me wrong, Hall and JSchultz have been horrible with giveaways; it's a problem.

Microsoft's PR and advertising for the One has been fucking horrid. Are we really going to say otherwise?

They half-baked a console and are getting hammered for it. I don't see how it's hard to see that.

I was more highlighting the ridiculous hyperbole the OP was writing about that singing cosplayer commercial

I find the actual console war stuff kind of played out and uninteresting at this point.

Aren't you a grown man? Shouldn't you have had that feeling a long time ago?

Acid08

Banned
Okay have my Charizard, Tyrunt, and Chesnaught now. 3/6 of my first draft final team done. Need a Good Rod in order to catch Staryu. Hope I get it soon.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Okay have my Charizard, Tyrunt, and Chesnaught now. 3/6 of my first draft final team done. Need a Good Rod in order to catch Staryu. Hope I get it soon.

Helioptile/Heliolisk can learn Surf. It's fucking badass. Surf&Thunderbolt with high speed wrecks a lot of things.

Montresor

Myers and Miller for Yakupov and Edmonton's 2014 1st?

He was so good in that first loss though. So good.

And MacArthur was running his mouth after Grabovski's first game, saying Grabovski was wronged by Carlyle, and saying "look who was right all along?" ... referring to Grabovski's performance in the first game.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Myers and Miller for Yakupov and Edmonton's 2014 1st?

He was so good in that first loss though. So good.
Makes more sense than Liles and Reimer :(

Problem is that Buffalo probably doesn't want to give up on Myers just yet

I'm also not sure Miller is the answer. They need a legit number 1 Dman and Schultz ain't it

Cake Boss

Banned
Rich Smith ‏@ALLsportsINTEL 8h
Oilers reportedly would want Simmonds, Coburn and either Couturier or Laughton for Nail Yakupov and Hemsky

Hlmg pls.

Samyy

I want to see a big trade go down for the meltdowns on HFBoards. Always a good time. I remember the Phaneuf trade haha, so many haters losing their shit.
DO IT HOLMGREN

2 teams whose problem isn't offense swapping mostly wingers. Ironic.

Oilers need guys like Couturier, Simmonds and Coburn.

A legit shutdown centre prospect, a bruising big bodied top 6 winger and a top 4 defensemen who likes to hit and can move the puck when he isn't in lala land..

gaming_noob

Oilers need guys like Couturier, Simmonds and Coburn.

A legit shutdown centre prospect, a bruising big bodied top 6 winger and a top 4 defensemen who likes to hit and can move the puck when he isn't in lala land..

Nice...the Oilers could be deadly if they can get those guys for Yakupov and Hemsky.

Curufinwe

2 teams whose problem isn't offense swapping mostly wingers. Ironic.

Flyers have scored 8 goals in 6 games. That's a problem.

But I can't see them trading three good players for a young Russian and Hemsky who will be a UFA at the end of the year. Simmonds + Grossmann for Eberle is the trade I would like to see. Unfortunately, Hartnell has an NMC and will be here for another six years so if they want to get a genuine goal scorer on the wing Simmonds has the most value.

Edmonton are also desperately in need of some toughness and defense.

From Oilers board

let's sit down and evaluate.

we drafted 1st overall 3 times in a row. we got:

- a meathead with no hockey sense;
- a sissy made of glass;
- a one-trick pony with no heart.

taken 1st overall just before our attempts:

- a steady point-getting playmaker with leadership that ended his team's playoff drought;
- a hitman that chucks in onetimers like nobody's business, two-time Richard winner;
- a diminutive but dominant, fearless franchise winger who has a Conn Smythe

i don't even know where i'm going with it and i'm not sure if i'm joking.

Tavares
Stamkos
Kane

When you put it that way it looks downright depressing.

The organization is poison.

Samyy

From Oilers board

Tavares
Stamkos
Kane

When you put it that way it looks downright depressing.

The organization is poison.

Well in the year Hall was draft the other option was...Seguin? Its.. hard to really blame the organization, the picks were indisputably considered the "best in the draft".

In the RNH year they could have taken Landeskog but they had just taken a winger in Hall so... choice was pretty clear there imo.

In 2012 yea they could've and probably should have taken Ryan Murray. Perhaps they were looking at it and thought Hall -RNH - Yakupov was gonna be their line of the future idk.

Besides its early, with Stamkos I don't think anyone expected him to do what he has done that quickly, Tavares now has a solid core of guys around him and Kane plays in Chicago with a real good team.

Top Bottom