• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Pokemon Y and Mario & Luigi Dream Team are headed my way.

Next I need to re-buy Fire Emblem.

Roy said Tuesday morning that his team needed to do a better job reducing the number of opponents' shots and scoring chances, especially in the second periods of games. The Avalanche have been outshot 52-18 in their past three second periods.

Soooo.. when are we going to start reducing shots again? I'd love to know.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price now with a .944 sv% the changes in his game from Waite are already noticeable. Subban with 8 points in 6 games and a +6. Feels good man.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I kind of wish Hertl had been rated amazingly high before the draft, if only so "TURTLE FOR HERTL" could've been a thing.

ALFIE!!!!!!

MONSTER!!!!

Also Helm is OK to play and will do a short conditioning stint with the baby Wings, finally some great news! Now to see what moves Holland will make, I would love to get rid of Sammy but no one will probably take him. I would rather keep TooToo since he is playing with an edge right now and has given our team that spark for the bottom 6.

So Cam is 0-2-3 (really, I don't know why we just don't pull him in the last minute of OT to try and win it; he's awful in the shootouts).

Our only goalie with a win is hurt.

Gonna be another long season in Carolina...

pringles

ALFIE!!!!!!

MONSTER!!!!

Also Helm is OK to play and will do a short conditioning stint with the baby Wings, finally some great news! Now to see what moves Holland will make, I would love to get rid of Sammy but no one will probably take him. I would rather keep TooToo since he is playing with an edge right now and has given our team that spark for the bottom 6.
I'm keeping my expectations for Helm down. Can he really stay healthy, and if he does is he the same guy as the one who last played hockey like 2 years ago?
But good stuff that we have guys like him, Tatar and Nyquist outside of the lineup and still opened the season 5-2. Get them in the lineup and we're dangerous.

Btw this was funny from the Boston game: Bergeron asking Datsyuk if he's serious

Samyy

They didn't account for the fact that everyone needed a 5-6 months to visit Kalos region. Once they realized this they must have delayed.

So I was out with a friend last night. Got back for the last five minutes of the game. It was awesome. Really.

I dont get why they are struggling so much to score goals. It is so frustrating watching this team. I really think it is time to trade Couturier for a more offensive player. He has 2 points and is averaging about 1 shot on goal per game. I am not even sure what value he has now but maybe they could package him and a pick for someone that will shoot the puck. They really should have looked for a more offensive minded coach, D and goaltending have actually been okay for the most part.

8Zvoyde.jpg

Cute :3

Samyy

I dont get why they are struggling so much to score goals. It is so frustrating watching this team. I really think it is time to trade Couturier for a more offensive player. He has 2 points and is averaging about 1 shot on goal per game. I am not even sure what value he has now but maybe they could package him and a pick for someone that will shoot the puck. They really should have looked for a more offensive minded coach, D and goaltending have actually been okay for the most part.

Offensive minded player you say? Shall I introduce you to Tyler Bozak? He is a first line center! He kills penalties! He plays on the powerplay! He wins faceoffs!

Wasn't that Laviolette?

Yeah, and the team scored way more goals the last few years, but he has a habit of really wearing on guys plus it seems teams really figured out his system, so they need a new coach that has an offensive system that works and hasnt already lost the room. I just dont have any faith in Berube to be the guy that gets it turned around.

Cake Boss

Banned
Even though he didnt up any points last night, that was Babby's best game in the uniform so far.

He has great chemistry with #1 Center Kyle Turris, must be a west side connection thing.

Even though he didnt up any points last night, that was Babby's best game in the uniform so far.

He has great chemistry with #1 Center Kyle Turris, must be a west side connection thing.

Spezza-Conacher seemed to work well too.

Walrus will figure this out.

Only problem is D, Cowen and Wierioch look like shit together, and Wiercioch is playing his offside.

Cake Boss

Banned
Spezza-Conacher seemed to work well too.

Walrus will figure this out.

Only problem is D, Cowen and Wierioch look like shit together, and Wiercioch is playing his offside.

The top pairing looks like shit as well.

Try

Cowen- Karlsson
Methot- Weirdcock
Philips- Corvo

Now I sit here waiting for the Zibby call up.

E4NrO.gif

Var

I just dont have any faith in Berube to be the guy that gets it turned around.

I do. I think the team has started looking better. I just wish he had the full offseason and training camp to work with the guys. It makes zero sense that they didn't fire lavy before the season started.

I do. I think the team has started looking better. I just wish he had the full offseason and training camp to work with the guys. It makes zero sense that they didn't fire lavy before the season started.

This is so fucking true. If it really was the worst camp in team history, like Snyder says, then he should have stepped in and fired Lavi before the season even started. Why let him waste the whole training camp if you were planning to fire him any way.

Cake Boss

Banned
That bottom pair is like your worst nightmare.

uh oh Joe Corvo has been surprisingly decent, not sure why Stache keeps scratching him for Gryballs, also not sure why he sent our 4th leading scorer 6'2 stud forward down as well, also not sure why Philips is getting the 2nd most ice time of any player in the team, also not sure why Kassian is playing against Phoenix.

Also

ibfs4bLYaeqoGv.gif

Didnt now that we had this many Sens fans living in Phoenix or Coyotes fans are this dumb and dont know which color of their team's jerseys are.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like AV has officially put the Rangers on notice. Seems like JT Miller is only going to be on the fourth line for one game to give a few of the other guys a chance to show they're not worthless before they get the boot and JT gets promoted.

Meanwhile, Sather is talking trades for D. Who wants Michael Del Zotto?!

Silexx

I get the feeling that Zibanejad is going to be called up very soon. My fear is that it will be at the expense of Pageau.

I get the feeling that Zibanejad is going to be called up very soon. My fear is that it will be at the expense of Pageau.

Pageau isn't very good right now and is getting destroyed on face offs Either him or SDC can be sent down, unless they're still worried about losing SC on waivers:lol

It'd be nice if they took the week off ahead and held a second training camp to make up for the lost one with Lavy.

Instead, we'll lose to the Pens, then get some stupid shakeup by Holmgren. Probably something super intelligent like bringing in an "energy guy" like Kaleta to rally morale and general team effort because he's a great locker room guy or something. Then pull back Asham too to hold his spot until the suspension's over. It'll be the best.

Cake Boss

Banned
Great interview with Igor Kravchuk on @TSN1200. Scouting for Russian Olympic Team. I wouldn't expect Nail Yakupov in Sochi.

AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports 1m

Kravchuk on Yakupov. "If he's not going to change his game, he has no future. He has no team game." Pretty damning assessment. #Oilers

lol gud jerb Yaku.

Fucked yourself out of Sochi as well.

Silexx

Pageau isn't very good right now and is getting destroyed on face offs Either him or SDC can be sent down, unless they're still worried about losing SC on waivers:lol

Pageau is clearly above Da Costa right now evidenced by the fact that the latter is a healthy scratch. But because of waivers (and yes, I do think the team believes that SDC would not clear waivers) Pageau is the odd man out.

It'd be nice if they took the week off ahead and held a second training camp to make up for the lost one with Lavy.

Instead, we'll lose to the Pens, then get some stupid shakeup by Holmgren. Probably something super intelligent like bringing in an "energy guy" like Kaleta to rally morale and general team effort because he's a great locker room guy or something. Then pull back Asham too to hold his spot until the suspension's over. It'll be the best.

Please dont even joke about that.

Cake Boss

Banned
lol whos going to pick Dacosta up from waivers after those 2 weeks.

And who fucking cares if he gets picked up, he has no future at C with this team and we picked him up for free as College FA.

In everything but faceoffs Pageau is doing okay, if he's regressing from the heights he apparently hit during the yoffs and parts of the pre-season then he's still on a tier with SDC.

In everything but faceoffs Pageau is doing okay, if he's regressing from the heights he apparently hit during the yoffs and parts of the pre-season then he's still on a tier with SDC.

Faceoffs were the reason they called him up last year as I recall. We're getting destroyed on faceoffs for the most part, not sure what they can do here, Zib was doing very well in training camp.

As for SDC they might simply not want to lose him for nothing out of principle, unless PMac sees something in him we don't.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"Given the belief that Lundqvist will at some point sign an extension with the Rangers, it would seem Bryzgalov represents a more likely option in terms of upgrading the team’s goaltending depth, and the idea of Bryzgalov on Broadway would make for some interesting times."
-Pierre LeBrun, ESPN.com

Go fuck yourself, Pierre LeBrun.

"Given the belief that Lundqvist will at some point sign an extension with the Rangers, it would seem Bryzgalov represents a more likely option in terms of upgrading the team’s goaltending depth, and the idea of Bryzgalov on Broadway would make for some interesting times."
-Pierre LeBrun, ESPN.com

Go fuck yourself, Pierre LeBrun.

Holy shit. Bryz cried about how mean the Philly media was, I would love to see him deal with the NY media every day.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
For Acid:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...cle_4135cb96-3059-53b6-ab33-08ba3c3f1b00.html

On Wednesday, the Post-Dispatch confirmed that the NHL has informed Lapierre of its request for an in-person hearing in New York. According to a report by Renaud Lavoie of RDS, the hearing has been scheduled for Friday, and Lapierre will be in attendance.

The fact that the league has requested an in-person hearing means that Lapierre could receive as much as a six-game suspension and possibly more. Under terms of the NHL's collective-bargaining agreement, players facing a suspension of zero to five games are offered phone hearings.

Rule 18.9 in the CBA states: "If the preliminary review that a suspension of six (6) or more games may be appropriate and/or further investigation is required, an in-person hearing will be conducted..."

However, just because the league has requested an in-person hearing does not mean that the final suspension will be six games or more. After the hearing, any length of suspension can be handed down.

Also, players remain suspended until the hearing, meaning Lapierre will be ineligible to play Thursday against Chicago and likely Friday against Winnipeg, too.

Top Bottom