• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Is all the shit you guys give Cleary really that justified?

ClearyNailsFaceOnNet.gif

Yes

Edit: or a better angle

netderp.gif

Merguson

Banned
detgoal3.gif

C'mon, look at this fantastic finish by Dan Clearly. It's obvious this guy needs to be in the top 6 lineup..

no not the top six.. the top three!

Holy shit. Bryz cried about how mean the Philly media was, I would love to see him deal with the NY media every day.

Contrary to popular belief, Bryz would have to murder someone in cold blood while taking a piss on Bloomberg's head and farting on the state flag of NY for the Rangers to get a mention on a backpage. NY media attention for hockey is almost non-existant.

God damn Yakupov is getting zero slack over there in Edmonton, surprised to see to be honest. Thought all those early drafts would be untouchable. Also Newegg tried to fuck me out of Pokemans but fuck that, immediately went out and picked it up. Nothing stops this train.

i only kind of care

fallout

Not a RW's fan, but even well informed fanbases from other teams know he is really bad.
I'm not saying he isn't bad ... he just gets a lot of shit from the RW fans around here and it's difficult to gauge how real that is.

Evander Kane left practice favoring his right leg. Coach Noel will address this following practice
FFS.
Ugh. That's not good. Despite being one of the best Jets on the ice throughout all this mess, I think he's been playing a bit hurt.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Drewiske is going to be out 5-6 months after shoulder surgery. Can't say I'm disappointed. I want Emelin back soon though.

AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports 2h
Cyril Leeder told @TSN1200 the Sens have hired Paul Gallant as their new Entertainment Director. Spent 17 years in same position with Habs

I guess we'll be a seeing a lot more torches and fire at home games this year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Drewiske is going to be out 5-6 months after shoulder surgery. Can't say I'm disappointed. I want Emelin back soon though.
Dude will never play a game in a Habs uniform again unless the entire D corps and Hamilton goes down within a week of each other. Apparently Bergevin has been looking for another D which I don't understand, we already have too many.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Dude will never play a game in a Habs uniform again unless the entire D corps and Hamilton goes down within a week of each other. Apparently Bergevin has been looking for another D which I don't understand, we already have too many.

Yeah, just play Beaulieu and Tinordi already. We don't need another Murray, Boullion and Murray.

Curufinwe

I dont get why they are struggling so much to score goals. It is so frustrating watching this team. I really think it is time to trade Couturier for a more offensive player. He has 2 points and is averaging about 1 shot on goal per game. I am not even sure what value he has now but maybe they could package him and a pick for someone that will shoot the puck. They really should have looked for a more offensive minded coach, D and goaltending have actually been okay for the most part.

Blaming the third line center who has to play with Max Talbot for the team's offensive woes when Giroux, Hartnell, Simmonds, Read and Voracek haven't scored a goal is dumb.

When everyone's fit these lines should get the offense going. Hartnell will have to earn his first line spot back by scoring a goal or two on the third line.

McGinn-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Hartnell-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

If you want to trade for a natural goal scorer then Simmonds has the best combination of value and being expendable since Hartnell and his NMC will be here for the rest of the decade.

Spl1nter

Flyers fans should be directing there anger at Giroux. 2 pts in 7 games is disgusting for someone who was considered to be a lock as a center on team canada in the summer.

ZeroGravity

Flyers fans should be directing there anger at Giroux. 2 pts in 7 games is disgusting for someone who was considered to be a lock as a center on team canada in the summer.
He's coming off a hand injury though. I can see why his performance would be affected.

Blaming the third line center who has to play with Max Talbot for the team's offensive woes when Giroux, Hartnell, Simmonds, Read and Voracek haven't scored a goal is dumb.

When everyone's fit these lines should get the offense going. Hartnell will have to earn his first line spot back by scoring a goal or two on the third line.

McGinn-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Hartnell-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

If you want to trade for a natural goal scorer then Simmonds has the best combination of value and being expendable since Hartnell and his NMC will be here for the rest of the decade.

Not blaming him just saying he isnt doing anything and he is still a guy that might have some trade value. Even if Hartnell didnt have a NMC I cant see anyone trading for him. I love Simmonds and would hate to see him go, but if they could get a more natural scorer for him I would be willing to do it.

It is impossible to be an NHL fan and have a full time job in Sweden, the season just started and i already feel like quitting my job so I can be up all night drinking coke and watching some god ole NA ice hockey. And to make it even worse, the company that has the rights to show the games online, wont let me watch them whenever I want as it used to be :(

How do all you Sens fans feel about trading Silfverberg now?

And god damnit, when it finally was an early game I just wanted to see just how far into irrelevance the Wings and Alfredsson had floated, but fail on me :(

Sef: How has Ekholm looked so far? Ive just seen that he had zero points so far, but has he been helpful at transporting the puck? I little soft in front of your own goal I guess?

Marvie: Whos been standing out the most so far?

Red_Man

Can you get hockystreams Alex? All the games are archived so you can just watch them later when you're free?

Can you get hockystreams Alex? All the games are archived so you can just watch them later when you're free?
Yeah I probably can, I will look into it. I already got the official provider, but I might can hockeystreams also since they archive them, thanks! It has been up and running for a couple of years now right? Feels a little fishy:p

Red_Man

Yeah I probably can, I will look into it. I already got the official provider, but I might can hockeystreams also since they archive them, thanks! It has been up and running for a couple of years now right? Feels a little fishy:p
Yea, it's been going for a few years at least now, and a lot of posters here have started using it this season. Only issue so far is they've had to beef up servers because of so much traffic, but it's been a pretty flawless service all that aside. Feeds are amazing quality, and it gives you access to every league which may benefit you more.

Yea, it's been going for a few years at least now, and a lot of posters here have started using it this season. Only issue so far is they've had to beef up servers because of so much traffic, but it's been a pretty flawless service all that aside. Feeds are amazing quality, and it gives you access to every league which may benefit you more.
Okok, sounds good, getting all the games have never been a problem though, No blackout in Sweden;) just sucks that they stopped archiving them and I had to change my sleeping pattern...

It has been up for a few years. Worst case that happens is you lose your money if it gets shut down I believe, but that probably won't happen

Note: this is all second hand info, but I do have the service

It is impossible to be an NHL fan and have a full time job in Sweden, the season just started and i already feel like quitting my job so I can be up all night drinking coke and watching some god ole NA ice hockey. And to make it even worse, the company that has the rights to show the games online, wont let me watch them whenever I want as it used to be :(

And god damnit, when it finally was an early game I just wanted to see just how far into irrelevance the Wings and Alfredsson had floated, but fail on me :(

Sef: How has Ekholm looked so far? Ive just seen that he had zero points so far, but has he been helpful at transporting the puck? I little soft in front of your own goal I guess?

As long as we have Cleary, we shall never fall into irrelevance! So suck it!

Curufinwe

Erik Gustafsson finally got in the Flyers lineup for the past two games and played very well.

Just fine, Babby is a much better player and our prospect pool was bursting at the seams.

apolicot: It is probably worth the small chance of losing the money, I will get it this weekend! Its gonna be great to wake up hungover on sunday morning and see them tear Manics a new one
As long as we have Cleary, we shall never fall into irrelevance! So suck it!

Haha didnt he even score? Goddamn a team with Cleary and Bertuzzi, you guys are of a lost cause than the nucks.

Red_Man

Okok, sounds good, getting all the games have never been a problem though, No blackout in Sweden;) just sucks that they stopped archiving them and I had to change my sleeping pattern...
They archive the games immediately so you don't have to wait 6 hours or any extended period of time and they archive every game from every league.

apolicot: It is probably worth the small chance of losing the money, I will get it this weekend! Its gonna be great to wake up hungover on sunday morning and see them tear Manics a new one

Haha didnt he even score? Goddamn a team with Cleary and Bertuzzi, you guys are of a lost cause than the nucks.
I personally haven't even sweated the idea of losing money, it's been up for so many years without a problem that I'm assuming it'll be ok. You're going to love it, having all games from so many leagues (including Olympics) is pretty exciting

Top Bottom