• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Nice game of shinny going on in Long Island.

:lol

5mins, 3 goals. What is this and why am I not watching it.

Now we have mor pp goals against than short handed goals for again :(

QUICK, TAKE A PENALTY AND GET RICHARDSON OUT THERE, WE NEED TO BREAK EVEN AGAIN

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
When AV took over, the Canucks were dealing with an aging WCE and needed a new identity. Granted getting Luongo went a long way to getting the Canucks back to the playoffs but over the next 7 years AV helped the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, and Edler become excellent players.

It wasn't all great. He misused Ballard and besides 2011 he was known for getting out coached in the playoffs. His hands off approach worked because of the leadership in the room but when things looked bleak he wasn't able to take charge and adapt.

I think this is why Torts is working so far. He's a new voice in the room. As for AV, I'm not sure how the Rangers leadership is but with the injuries he's probably having a tough time learning. Lundqvist has to steal a lot of games before AV gets a handle on things.

The issue with the Rangers leadership in this kind of situation is that they aren't really the vocal "get everybody riled up in the locker room" types, especially our captain. The Rangers leadership is leading by example on the ice. Cally plays his game, and everybody else is supposed to follow.

This works great under a coach like Torts. I'm not so sure it works with the kind of relationship that AV seems to want to have with the team.

What happened? :/ Hansen's probably the most under-rated Canucks player in terms of hard work he puts in and being extremely solid defensively...

Got run into the end boards in a chase for the puck, was favouring his right arm I think, it looked pretty dangerous. Went right to the dressing room.

Smiley90

Got run into the end boards in a chase for the puck, was favouring his right arm I think, it looked pretty dangerous. Went right to the dressing room.

Fuck.

So at what point are we gonna waive Alberts finally and stop plugging our forward holes with crappy defensemen and call up ACTUAL forwards?

Solo

Getting sick and tired of Rogers and Bell and the NHL. Go sit down to watch the game.....SORRY, NHL REGULATIONS REQUIRE THIS GAME BE BLACKED OUT IN YOUR AREA.

Fine then, I guess I won't watch the game, assholes.

I'm only listening to the game, but the Canucks were lucky to get out of the period tied. Hopefully Hansen's injury isn't serious. Their forward depth is already so thin.

I can see one of Weber or Alberts getting waived soon. Stanton has been such a nice surprise.

Eugh, the one time in the past few years the Leafs play the Ducks and everybody is either barely here or not at all :(

This is gonna be a Ducks-age circlejerk by the end of it.

Smiley90

Eugh, the one time in the past few years the Leafs play the Ducks and everybody is either barely here or not at all :(

This is gonna be a Ducks-age circlejerk by the end of it.

I'll vote for a Ducks-age circlequack over a Leafs-age circlejerk anyday

Top Bottom