• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
RIP my yahoo team

lundqvist and markstrom are my goalies

I doubt Lundqvist is going to miss any time as they're saying he's "day to day." If he's even remotely capable of going, he'll go.

Unless of course they're lying. Hank skated without equipment before practice, though.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

There is no middle ground, either I hate them or I love them, or love them and just hate Cleary/Sammy.

So anyways, Ouellet looked great for his first NHL game, our close to NHL ready prospect pool (especially our D) is stacked!
Well you'll get to continue seeing him as Ericsson is now out 2-4 weeks with a shoulder injury.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm on my phone right now, someone please post Luongo's response to the "duthie" rumour and the picture from twitter lolololol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt Lundqvist is going to miss any time as they're saying he's "day to day." If he's even remotely capable of going, he'll go.

Unless of course they're lying. Hank skated without equipment before practice, though.

Scratch that.

"Pat Leonard tweets Alain Vigneault saying that he isn’t 100% that Lundqvist will be able to play on Thursday night."

Cam Talbot NHL debut incoming!

Keep milking that cow Maclean, sure.... Injury.

Just admit it was a dumb descion from the beginning Macdrunk.

MacLean doesn't like something about his attitude or work ethic. Similar to what we saw with O'Brien, Butler or Filatov.

He's got the skill but not much else it seems.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hall out and I believer Eberle is out too is a huge boost for the Habs since we're down 1/3 of our team already. Excited to see Bournival get more time on a top line though, he's legit been better then some of the vets.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Hall out and I believer Eberle is out too is a huge boost for the Habs since we're down 1/3 of our team already. Excited to see Bournival get more time on a top line though, he's legit been better then some of the vets.

Yeah, he has great speed. I like him a lot.

Hunter S.

Altogether, I think we feel pretty good. It's a new season, a new attitude all around. It's a lot more positive. I would've believed being over .500, but maybe not 8-1.

Jean-Sebastion Giggy

I like this can do fuck. I like a positive attitude.

Hunter S.

I'm still proud we at least gave you that -1 to that record.

You should be, I would fell the same the other way around if the roles were reversed you ghetto monger Detroit fan.
The avs have been bad versus Detroit for years, it is almost like a mental block they cannot get over. Now we will hardly play you so *shrugs*.

Giggzy

If this was Carlyle then it would feel like a huge demotion. Under Bruce, it's not as bad as it sounds.

I have a love/hate relationship sometimes with the frequency in which Boudreau changes lines. It seems to work great but I loved the chemistry Silfverburg has with Perrault/Selanne. We'll see how this line does with Etem's extra speed but I have a feeling it'll be reverted by the end of the game if nothing is being produced.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Rangers ✔ @NYRangers

"My teams compete, my teams play hard & are hard to play against, and we haven't been that way & it's my responsibility to change that"-AV

New York Rangers ✔ @NYRangers

"My directions, my standards, what my expectations are, to the players, are very clear...it's not very hard to understand what I want"-AV

You should be, I would fell the same the other way around if the roles were reversed you ghetto monger Detroit fan.
The avs have been bad versus Detroit for years, it is almost like a mental block they cannot get over. Now we will hardly play you so *shrugs*.

It's not that the Avs are bad against us, it's just that Franzen turns into God when he plays you, and then disappears playing against the rest of the teams in the league.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder if the fact that most players hate the Canucks has any bearing on how they respond to AV?

OnPoint

I've stayed out of this thread all season. I've been trying to keep my mouth shut, because the Sabres are god awful. But I need to vent. If you aren't a Sabres fan, feel free to ignore this. Anyway, this is the season that broke me. I'm done.

Sabres-GAF:

We all saw it coming. We really did. It was more than just writing on the walls. They didn't hide it. They told us to prepare for suffering. They told us to prepare for heartbreak. We all knew this season was going to be bad. They pretty much came out and said they're tanking for the number one pick in the draft. The Pittsburgh-Crosby model, if you will.

But to pretend that we're better than we are? For Ted Black to say that firing Darcy, who is now a proven failure, would be a panicked maneuver? Please. Our record points to the reality of the situation. And the reality is we're terrible.

They've spent the whole season now framing this as the BLUEPRINT year. They're going so far with the "rebuild" mentality that the team has been branded with it. So fine. We're supposed to be building something new as a franchise. We're supposed to be striving toward something fresh, strong, and eventually, a championship.

That's respectable. That's how it should be done. I can get behind that.

So why, then, is the same person who built the last several failed teams in charge of building yet again? If someone built a bridge that collapsed, you wouldn't hire them to build the bridge to replace it. They have a proven track record. What they do doesn't work.

It's been 15 years of collapsed bridges in Buffalo. And we're letting him build another one.

If the Sabres really want to rebuild, if Terry Pegula wants this team to compete for championships, if they want to stop the failure and actually create a winning team, they need to clear out the rotten wood, demolish the foundation and start fresh. Darcy being here is the antithesis of that idea. He is the one remaining constant in 15 years of regimes that quite frankly couldn't get the job done. And we're doing it again this year.

I guess those who still go to the games and support this team are free to. They're free to enjoy the snake oil. I won't be giving them another dime until Darcy is gone.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"Henrik Sedin told the NY Post that one difference between John Tortorella and Alain Vigneault is that Tortorella is in the locker room more after Vigneault let the players manage things. Sedin said that Tortorella is in the locker room after every period telling players how they played, what they did well and what they can do better. Sedin said, “that’s how you want it to be.”"

Hmm.

Acid08

Banned
"Henrik Sedin told the NY Post that one difference between John Tortorella and Alain Vigneault is that Tortorella is in the locker room more after Vigneault let the players manage things. Sedin said that Tortorella is in the locker room after every period telling players how they played, what they did well and what they can do better. Sedin said, “that’s how you want it to be.”"

Hmm.
AV is a douche and a half, it's no wonder the Rangers aren't responding to his "leadership" well after having Torts in there. I'm sure Torts can be incredibly overbearing too, he'll have to find a medium there.

Hunter S.

It's not that the Avs are bad against us, it's just that Franzen turns into God when he plays you, and then disappears playing against the rest of the teams in the league.

Franzen always seems to get at least one, and I heard he has three hat tricks against them so I totally agree.

Cake Boss

Banned
MacLean doesn't like something about his attitude or work ethic. Similar to what we saw with O'Brien, Butler or Filatov.

He's got the skill but not much else it seems.

Lol the fuck are you talking about Kernal, right now you are drinking this mgt kool aid too much. Your trying to justify all of their dumb shit decions by making shit up.

The fuck? The guy has actually proved to play in this league more so than Filatov Butler and all those cunts put together.

They just thought they coyld get something of value for Dacosta if he played well and thats it.

I think that the thing with Torts is that, no matter what, eventually, he overstays his welcome. What we are hearing out of Van now is similar to what we heard/saw after he took over for Tom Renney.

OnPoint

It feels unanimous that anyone still supporting the team also supports firing Regier at this point.

The worst part about this whole ordeal is the season's only 3 weeks old. Suffering, indeed.

At this point I feel like the Bills will have more wins on the season than the Sabres.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
One of you nerds want to hook me up with a ditto? I want to ev train some shit stompers to roll the E4

You don't need to do any of that to beat the E4... Also there are EV-reducing berries, so you don't have to breed and re-level.

When Torts came to the Rangers, they really had nothing except Henrik, Staal, and a couple of prospects. Vancouver is certainly further along when Torts took over than the Rangers were at that point, so maybe they are able to catch him with the right timing.

Lol the fuck are you talking about Kernal, right now you are drinking this mgt kool aid too much. Your trying to justify all of their dumb shit decions by making shit up.

LOL what fucking Kool Aid? I'm going to trust the guy with the Jack Adams Trophy knows what he is doing instead of listening to dumbfucks on HFboards. Jim O'Brien proved he could play in this league too and now he's a 3rd line centre in Bingo getting an NHL salary.

Who gives a shit what Zib did last season? If you're a prospect, you earn your fucking roster spot based on what you do in training camp not what you did last year. The last thing they need is the best prospect in our system to stop working hard and improving because he had a good half season. He's only 20 he still has a long way to go.

You sound like the people who wanted Lehner as the #1 after his first couple of NHL games.

Top Bottom