• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Helm now has a groin issue and will miss Saturday's game. He's getting an MRI to determine if there's a tear. This guy is never gonna play again.

TooToo is safe for now!

"Holland said they think it's just nagging injury with Helm (it's the other groin, not the one he hurt in Sept), but they want to be careful"

So not really a setback as it is a lingering injury, so not as bad as feared (hopefully it isn't torn).

When Torts came to the Rangers, they really had nothing except Henrik, Staal, and a couple of prospects. Vancouver is certainly further along when Torts took over than the Rangers were at that point, so maybe they are able to catch him with the right timing.

When AV took over, the Canucks were dealing with an aging WCE and needed a new identity. Granted getting Luongo went a long way to getting the Canucks back to the playoffs but over the next 7 years AV helped the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, and Edler become excellent players.

It wasn't all great. He misused Ballard and besides 2011 he was known for getting out coached in the playoffs. His hands off approach worked because of the leadership in the room but when things looked bleak he wasn't able to take charge and adapt.

I think this is why Torts is working so far. He's a new voice in the room. As for AV, I'm not sure how the Rangers leadership is but with the injuries he's probably having a tough time learning. Lundqvist has to steal a lot of games before AV gets a handle on things.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
You guys...!

A(AA Midget)lberts is in tonight for... David Booth.

TadkV.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Eller said today the Oilers remind him of a junior team :lol hopefully they don't lose now.

Red_Man

Eller is jinxing the team. Get him out of there.

Eller for Staubitz straight up, Reddy. What say you?
Wasn't Staubitz just put on waivers? It's a deal, guy who's been through waivers will have all dat character Bergevein is looking for.

The one day Cat Leafs Goalie Report could come in useful and YOU'VE FAILED ME, KAVE MAN!

If the Leafs win, I'm totally posting that stroke the shaft, contemplate existence gif

You will know unending pain. I will hunt you. I will make you yearn for the day you thought you would eventually die peaceful in your bed, as you whisper prayers softly while I cut you limb from limb.

You will never post that GIF.

Great, good job guys, top notch, Where the fuck are these cameras positioned? This game is shit already. I feel like I'm watching some shitty US college hockey game. Fuck sportsnet is bad enough with their crap "HD", now they have to slap the cameras at some shitty level.

Red_Man

Getzlaf needs to either shave his head completely, or wear a toupée.
He has enough money to get hair implants, and they're suppose to look decent nowadays right? That or shave it, middle ground is the worst.

RC

Banned
Torts said he wanted our players looking stuff out there. They look pretty limp to me right now.

Edit: Beast mode!

Top Bottom