• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Stamkos is beasting this year.

Surprised that nobody's been talking about him.

All the talk's been Ovi and Sid, but Stamkos could be the point leader after tonight.

He needs to get 4 points to night to have more than Crosby... not to say it's not possible

Cake Boss

Banned
url

Holiday

Banned
Bummer, Paajarvi's hurt. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he makes it back for Tuesday. Stewart's hurt too, but he might as well have been hurt all season for how much he's produced.

ZeroGravity

Stamkos is beasting this year.

Surprised that nobody's been talking about him.

All the talk's been Ovi and Sid, but Stamkos could be the point leader after tonight.
Happens all the time, function of playing in Tampa. Lightning could be tied for first in the conference after tonight and you'd never know it.

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh look whos that using his full 6'2 body screening the goalie on that goal.

If that was Dacosta, Stalock would have saw that and saved it.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow completely forgot we had Michalek on this team.

I was really hoping that Neil was injured for longer than that just so Zibenejad can get some actual wingers with him, hes put on a line with good players for 1 shift and the team scores. STOP FUCKING AROUND MACLEAN YOU CUNT!!

Acid08

Banned
Giving up tons of shots, way more than our average this season. Sounds like they're tired and Ottawa is pressing. 20 more minutes boys, get it done.

Duchene and Staz both throw Sacco under the bus for the last few seasons:
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...-and-personal-style-patrick-roy#ixzz2iuyg9qe6

I can see where they're both coming from and I'm happy that things are different now, but despite the fact that Sacco's system was garbage there is zero excuse for laziness. They got so fucking lazy towards the end there it was pathetic.

You're 9th, you have no justification to complain about your PP.

Watch an avs game sometime, you'll see exactly what I mean.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Yeah..... I think we might be missing the postseason this year boys

Not saying we have to beat the Sharks, but we can't even hold their jockstraps.

If you're 9th in the league, it can't be that bad, as much as you're trying to tell me it is.

The ducks' is BY FAR last in the league. Hell, even the Canucks' is MILES worse than the Avs, and it sucks massively.

We had 0-1 shots on our 1:45+ 5 on 3 last game, there's no one who can quarterback the PP, we usually win a faceoff and then fail to keep it in the zone. If we score it's usually in the dying seconds, that stat is a fluke.

Heretic

We had 0-1 shots on our 1:45+ 5 on 3 last game, there's no one who can quarterback the PP, we usually win a faceoff and then fail to keep it in the zone. If we score it's usually in the dying seconds, that stat is a fluke.

And with all of that you're still 9th. We're last.

Smiley90

lol, if you insist

Avs have the 9th best PP in the league. This league is fucked.

Think of it this way: You think the Avs PP is abysmal.

BUT. There are 21 teams whose PP is even worse. MUCH much worse. Now feel bad for us.

Curufinwe

Wow completely forgot we had Michalek on this team.

I was really hoping that Neil was injured for longer than that just so Zibenejad can get some actual wingers with him, hes put on a line with good players for 1 shift and the team scores. STOP FUCKING AROUND MACLEAN YOU CUNT!!

It really makes a difference. Couturier looks much better playing with two real wingers in Read and Simmonds.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Sharks killing the Sens like this on a B2B makes me feel better about the Habs loss with a depleted lineup and two bouncy goals.

Smiley90

I've made a huge mistake.

Left my window open, forgetting that the guys downstairs smoke weed at least every other day. The passive high I'm getting here is mildly annoying.

Also I think CakeBoss might need to see someone for both his agression and his "i become a 12 year old girl" drinking problem.

Acid08

Banned
The Sharks killing the Sens like this on a B2B makes me feel better about the Habs loss with a depleted lineup and two bouncy goals.
Feels great to have two regulations wins in 24 hours with 4 key players injured. Backup got a win seeing 40+ shots too, fucking awesome.

The secondary scoring we're seeing this season was absolutely nonexistent last year, it's incredibly satisfying to see. Team keeps rolling. They score when they could sit back. Bonerville.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Feels great to have two regulations wins in 24 hours with 4 key players injured. Backup got a win seeing 40+ shots too, fucking awesome.

The secondary scoring we're seeing this season was absolutely nonexistent last year, it's incredibly satisfying to see. Team keeps rolling. They score when they could sit back. Bonerville.
Their killer instinct in the last 10+ mins of a game is impressive, something the Habs still needs to learn. It's what separates good teams from elite teams.

Smiley90

Buffalo has scored the first goal in only 1 of its 13 games. And they lost that game, too.

:lolololol

nobody is out-tanking them this year. The only team that's remotely close is the Rangers, but they have a semi-capable Powerplay that's keeping them from dropping even lower.

Curufinwe

Buffalo has scored the first goal in only 1 of its 13 games. And they lost that game, too.

:lolololol

nobody is out-tanking them this year. The only team that's remotely close is the Rangers, but they have a semi-capable Powerplay that's keeping them from dropping even lower.

We would be .500 if the Powerplay hadn't inexplicably gone from almost first to almost worst.

Top Bottom