• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Parch

Looks like everyone on waivers cleared except for Ryan Stanton who was claimed by Vancouver.
Canucks said they were going to shop the waivers for help. Surprised others didn't as well, but there are a lot of teams with zero cap room for moves. I was hoping the Oilers would find a center worth poaching.

Cake Boss

Banned
ZIBBY JUST GOT SENT DOWN TO BINGO? WTF!!?

ihHNRu2sTbaT2.gif

WHAT WUT HGUHGHGADSAK??? !!!???@@!#!@#!@$@!$!2

mikkkkkkkkaaaaa nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Habs 3rd line honestly looks like their most dangerous
Depends on how the Gally's deal with a possible sophomore slump, but if they continue progressing like they did last year it definitely will be.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Glad Powe cleared waivers. I'm honestly kind of surprised he didn't make the team out of camp with the way he played in the preseason, but AV has already said he plans to use him and hoped he would clear and remain available to them.

Seems like Rangers' opening night lineup will probably be:

Richards-Stepan-Nash
Pouilot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Pyatt-Boyle-Fast
Miller-D.Moore-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
J.Moore-Stralman

Lundqvist
Biron

Dallas Stars lines

Benn-Seguin-Cole
Whitney-Eakin-Chiasson
Horcoff-Fiddler-Nichushkin
Roussel/MacDermid-Mueller-Garbutt

Gonchar-Goligoski
Dillon-Robidas
Benn-Daley

Lehtononen
Ellis

Yes... Yes... Good Good.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
:LOL at Nyquist getting sent down so Cleary and Samuelsson can waste roster spots.

The best team isn't on the ice.

pringles

Nyquist geting sent down is just a move on paper, Mrazek was "sent down" too.

Still a chance Nyquist starts in GR but this was not the definitive decision.

Silexx

Fucking Eugene you cheap fucking piece of shit.

die in a fucking fire you cunt.

Yost is going to milk this food all it's worth, but I don't think it's a complete money issue.

Da Costa and Pageau were both better, but Zibanejad is waiver exempt and Da Costa is not. I have to assume that this is a temporary measure until they figure out what to do with Da Costa. Zibanejad will be back in the NHL this season, no question.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nyquist geting sent down is just a move on paper, Mrazek was "sent down" too.

Still a chance Nyquist starts in GR but this was not the definitive decision.

Gus practiced today.

I know Nyquist will be back. It's just irritating to watch a much better player get sent down.

Revenant

Lol at victor stalberg 2.0 being sent down for old man Cleary, the boom box Cleary held over his head at Hollands house so he could get back on the Wings must have been playing some swooning tunes...

Cake Boss

Banned
Yost is going to milk this food all it's worth, but I don't think it's a complete money issue.

Da Costa and Pageau were both better, but Zibanejad is waiver exempt and Da Costa is not. I have to assume that this is a temporary measure until they figure out what to do with Da Costa. Zibanejad will be back in the NHL this season, no question.

I would have believed you if the owner didnt just say last weekend that he just found out that the team is over the budget, and that Zibenejad is due for some bonuses this year.

Yeah Pageau and DaCosta also outplayed Turris and Spezza.

1 week of camp is worth more than 1 season when your the leading scorer on the team as a 19 year old?

Hes actually our 2nd leading scorer now that Gonchar and Alfie both left.

Best players play my ass.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
i missed the fantasy hockey draft, but got John Tavares, so i deem it a total success.

Also, the Isles ended the preseason on a high note, so thats good news.

Tatar is probably a healthy scratch for game 1, absolutely hilarious, management has really screwed up because they had to spend money and a roster spot on players we did not need and who have nothing left to give. I have a feeling though he will be up for game 2 after Sammy, Cleary, or whoever shows they have nothing left and in the tank. Also I guess they are aggressively pursuing a trade with Tootoo so they can recall Nyquist now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Depends on how the Gally's deal with a possible sophomore slump, but if they continue progressing like they did last year it definitely will be.

Was just about to say that. But otherwise that line looks HOT HOT HOT!

In my opinion (based just on how I feel and has nothing to back it up) I think Galchenyuk is going to tear it up this year. While Gallagher may fall off a bit.

Cake Boss

Banned
Zibanejad was due to make $925,000 this year, or up to $1.75M with bonuses. His AHL salary is $70,000. That's why he's down there

lol 1 week of DaCosta > Our 2nd leading scorer as a fucking 19 year old.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
A little late, but I'm pretty happy with my lineup from the draft last night.

C Patrick Sharp
C Vincent Lecavalier

LW Andrew Ladd
LW Brad Marchand

RW Martin St. Louis
RW Jakub Voracek

D Zdeno Chara
D Alexander Edler
D Slava Voynov
D Sheldon Souray

G Henrik Lundqvist
G Roberto Luongo

BN Johan Franzen
BN Ray Whitney

BN Tim Thomas
BN Jaroslav Halak

Plinko

Tatar is probably a healthy scratch for game 1, absolutely hilarious, management has really screwed up because they had to spend money and a roster spot on players we did not need and who have nothing left to give. I have a feeling though he will be up for game 2 after Sammy, Cleary, or whoever shows they have nothing left and in the tank. Also I guess they are aggressively pursuing a trade with Tootoo so they can recall Nyquist now.

What? How is that even possible? Ridiculous.

Where did you read that?

Edit: Just read it. Ansar tweeted it. Screw Holland.

Solo

Was just about to say that. But otherwise that line looks HOT HOT HOT!

In my opinion (based just on how I feel and has nothing to back it up) I think Galchenyuk is going to tear it up this year. While Gallagher may fall off a bit.

I'm incined to agree with you, simply based on AGally's worth ethic/weight gain/size putting him over the hump, where BGally may wear down more over an 82 game season.

Time will tell!

Fei

I'm starting to think the Sabres third jersey will never see the light of day (thankfully). The jersey has not been spoken of since its unveiling, and you STILL cannot buy one from the Sabres store. I'm kind of stunned the Sabres are actually admitting this thing was a POS.

For those who missed it:

BTVMlhGCcAAX5NS.jpg

Acid08

Banned
I'm starting to think the Sabres third jersey will never see the light of day (thankfully). The jersey has not been spoken of since its unveiling, and you STILL cannot buy one from the Sabres store. I'm kind of stunned the Sabres are actually admitting this thing was a POS.

For those who missed it:

BTVMlhGCcAAX5NS.jpg
Piece of shit wearing a piece of shit.

Here is my team from an 8 team league with 10 forwards, 4 D, 2 G

People were going way off the board early in this one.........

Patrick Kane
Phil Kessel
Rick Nash
Anze Kopitar
Matt Moulson
Evander Kane
Nail Yakupov
Max Pacioretty
Jason Pominville
Tomas Plekanec

Duncan Keith
Dion Phaneuf
Mark Streit
Sergei Gonchar

Antii Nieme
Best cop on the force!

Bench - RNH, Ryan Callahan, Jonas Hiller

I would have believed you if the owner didnt just say last weekend that he just found out that the team is over the budget, and that Zibenejad is due for some bonuses this year.

Yeah Pageau and DaCosta also outplayed Turris and Spezza.

1 week of camp is worth more than 1 season when your the leading scorer on the team as a 19 year old?

Hes actually our 2nd leading scorer now that Gonchar and Alfie both left.

Best players play my ass.

It doesn't matter what you did last season. Everyone was expected to bring it during training camp. Pageau was money in the playoffs and they even had him attend development camp and the rookie tournament.

If Zibanejad thought he had it in the bag then that's not the kind of attitude they want him to have. Look at how Pageau played.

I'm sure Melnyk doesn't mind saving the money either.

Razorskin

----- ------

For those who missed it:

BTVMlhGCcAAX5NS.jpg

Sabres really like their pyjamas.

Acid08

Banned
So I'm finalizing my pack of tickets for this season, last game will either be Boston or Montreal. Can't decide though.

Boston would be cool because of Chara, potential Rask meltdown, and I always like seeing Jumbo play them.

Montreal would be cool because of Subban and the Gally's.

What do you guys think?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
So I'm finalizing my pack of tickets for this season, last game will either be Boston or Montreal. Can't decide though.

Boston would be cool because of Chara, potential Rask meltdown, and I always like seeing Jumbo play them.

Montreal would be cool because of Subban and the Gally's.

What do you guys think?

Boston. That way you can throw some ice cream at Marchand when he comes on the ice.

Top Bottom