• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

It doesn't matter what you did last season. Everyone was expected to bring it during training camp. Pageau was money in the playoffs and they even had him attend development camp and the rookie tournament.

If Zibanejad thought he had it in the bag then that's not the kind of attitude they want him to have. Look at how Pageau played.

I'm sure Melnyk doesn't mind saving the money either.

Fuck that noise.

De Costa is a step down in talent, offensive talent this team needs. The last thing we want to do as an organization is piss off our most talented prospect because we're too cheap to drop a mil on a good quality third line center when other competitive teams are offering 2-3 mil a year.

Samyy

Is almost hockey
Carlyle said Rielly officially made the team! :D
But it doesnt look like hes playing tomorrow! D:

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently Stanton is a younger, better version of Alberts. Alberts will probably be waived.

Good pickup.

SOMEONE PICK HIM UP PLZKTHX

Edit: wait, stanton has ONE NHL game? I wouldn't call that better than Alberts...

Canucks are one bad Henrik shot-block away from having our top two centers be Kesler and Dalpe.

Although hell, how can Dalpe me any worse than Ebbett right?

Right?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Canucks are one bad Henrik shot-block away from having our top two centers be Kesler and Dalpe.

Although hell, how can Dalpe me any worse than Ebbett right?

Right?

Remember when we traded away Hodgson because we had too many centers?
And because he's a point-getting, defensively-liable baby.

Remember when we traded away Hodgson because we had too many centers?
And because he's a point-getting, defensively-liable baby.
Apparently the stats work out in that even though Hodgson gets tons of points, he's so god awful in his own zone, that he contributes a negative to the team because the Sabres get scored on more often when he's on ice, than he's able to put up points.

Fuck that noise.

De Costa is a step down in talent, offensive talent this team needs. The last thing we want to do as an organization is piss off our most talented prospect because we're too cheap to drop a mil on a good quality third line center when other competitive teams are offering 2-3 mil a year.

I'd say he lost his spot to Pageau, who could be that 3rd line C just as much as Z.

Da Costa is a pretty good player as well, hard to say who's a better player they're different. He's just a college free agent vs. a 1st round pick. I find it hard to believe this isn't because MacLean didn't find the other 2 more impressive in camp. Did Z get to play with Michalek and Ryan?

Zibanejad will be back with the team this year soon enough
(once he's ineligible to his his bonues)

belvedere

Junior Butler
So is the NLDS #1 on Thursday a day game? It's great the Cards are in the playoffs and all, but fuck you, I better have a channel to watch the Blues game on.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Apparently the stats work out in that even though Hodgson gets tons of points, he's so god awful in his own zone, that he contributes a negative to the team because the Sabres get scored on more often when he's on ice, than he's able to put up points.

More ice time!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sounds like captain material to me!

I'd say he lost his spot to Pageau, who could be that 3rd line C just as much as Z.

Da Costa is a pretty good player as well, hard to say who's a better player they're different. He's just a college free agent vs. a 1st round pick. I find it hard to believe this isn't because MacLean didn't find the other 2 more impressive in camp. Did Z get to play with Michalek and Ryan?

Zibanejad will be back with the team this year soon enough
(once he's ineligible to his his bonues)

Pageau will most likely stay with Condra/Greening (and if he doesn't then their separating one of our few bright spots from round two last season), in that case I'd say Zibby lost his spot to De Costa because he'll be stepping directly into the same role.

LevelNth

Banned
Ugh, listening to Mirtle talk on this TSN podcast is just painful, I absolutely cannot stand this guy. His shamelessness at saying anything and everything for the sole purpose of pushing his standing and selling G&M is so apparent it's absurd.

He never has anything of interest to contribute to a discussion on the Leafs, and his reliance on these blasted 'metrics' to formulate any talking point on hockey whatsoever is so boring and pointless.

You'd think such a prominent paper would pay someone better than this. He is so awful it's incredible.

Pageau will most likely stay with Condra/Greening (and if he doesn't then their separating one of our few bright spots from round two last season), in that case I'd say Zibby lost his spot to De Costa because he'll be stepping directly into the same role.

Pageau has exceeded every expectation so far, you literally cannot send this guy down.

Da Costa was good and will probably stay with the team until he gets traded during the year, if he flounders they'll send him down and bring Z back up.

Zibanejad was 1st round pick, I think they expected him to be the best player in the preseason, they wanted more and probably sent him down to light a fire under his ass.

Pageau has exceeded every expectation so far, you literally cannot send this guy down.

Nobody`s arguing with that

Da Costa was good and will probably stay with the team until he gets traded during the year, if he flounders they'll send him down and bring Z back up.

This is probably whats gonna happen

Zibanejad was 1st round pick, I think they expected him to be the best player in the preseason, they wanted more and probably sent him down to light a fire under his ass.

This is where get off the train. He's put up the regular season numbers to have his default placement be in Ottawa. He wasn't obviously coasting and if this turns out to be a naked attempt to hold him at his AHL salary then bring him up for his production asap then I think it's a shitty move by the organization.

This is where get off the train. He's put up the regular season numbers to have his default placement be in Ottawa. He wasn't obviously coasting and if this turns out to be a naked attempt to hold him at his AHL salary then bring him up for his production asap then I think it's a shitty move by the organization.

He is definitely good enough to play in the NHL right now. But did he impress in the preseason? I didn't really watch the preseason but I don't remember Zib being mentioned as a standout. I don't think he was coasting but he didn't go balls to the wall like other guys and I think that's what they expected ....

a0TauRM.jpg

Like this guy here.

cube444

Here's a reason for Solo to like Crosby:

ESPN.com recently asked a number of NHL players on video to pick the best goalie in the league.

Here’s what Crosby said: “I’m going to go with Carey Price. He’s a big guy, he’s athletic and he’s pretty calm in there. He’s a technical goalie, I think. Probably more similar to a lot of goalies today where they’re just really calm and play a really technical game. He takes up a lot of net. So, yeah, he’s a tough one to beat.”

Link

Top Bottom