• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Quick

Banned
Hey Quick, Frzaer Mclaren is from Winnipeg. The enemy is in your midst.

ibiYOh4kVnCrHp.gif

Chris R

I wish Center Ice wasn't so damn expensive. Give me a single team option for $50 or something and I'm in, but $160 when most games are over before I'm even home from work? Fuck that.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Center Ice wasn't so damn expensive. Give me a single team option for $50 or something and I'm in, but $160 when most games are over before I'm even home from work? Fuck that.

What'd you expect? You can't get that in any major sport.

TUSR

Banned
And if your favorite team is local-ish. The game will be blacked out! Woooooo f you GC

calder

Uh, great, so Gamecenter not loading is a great sign the day before the season starts right. I'm just there to drop a ridiculous 150 bucks on this shit, no worries it's down A DAY BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS.

calder

Yeah, I am done with GC for as long as HS is available. Very pleased with it so far.

Yeah it looks interesting, or at least the $50 off looks interesting, but no PS3/4 or Apple TV support is a bit of a deal breaker for me. And the nature of a proxy-avoidance service like that makes me worry they'll get shut down mid season or something. Or else they'll get a C&D and suddenly start enforcing local blackouts or something.

Does the iOS app work well on iPad and iPhone?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
+1 to HS, fuck GCL and their blackout, over priced bullshit.

Also I just got this in today, I don't usually go for casual hockey clothing, but this shirt was too good to pass up:

TR0172_copy_1024x1024.jpg

Var

Yeah it looks interesting, or at least the $50 off looks interesting, but no PS3/4 or Apple TV support is a bit of a deal breaker for me. And the nature of a proxy-avoidance service like that makes me worry they'll get shut down mid season or something. Or else they'll get a C&D and suddenly start enforcing local blackouts or something.

I have used the mobile version of their site to stream on my iPhone 5 a couple of times now with no issues.I haven't tried an app for the site though.

Solo

Oh shit, Lafleur and a few others are going to be outside the Bell Centre at 4pm tomorrow for an autograph session.

HAVE to meet The Flower. Would be amazing.

Cake Boss

Banned
It doesn't matter what you did last season. Everyone was expected to bring it during training camp. Pageau was money in the playoffs and they even had him attend development camp and the rookie tournament.

If Zibanejad thought he had it in the bag then that's not the kind of attitude they want him to have. Look at how Pageau played.

I'm sure Melnyk doesn't mind saving the money either.

Yeah lol no Kernal, you dont actually believe that do you?

If were going by 1 week camp performance then Andre Petersson should be our 1RW, and Nathan Lawson as our #1 goalie.

Datcosta and Pageau also outplayed Smith, Greening, Neil, Condra, Turris etc

And you make it sound like Dacosta put up 10 points or something, he had 1 more point than Zibby playing more games and playing between Milo and Bibby while Zibby got Neil and Greening.

This was an issue about not wanting to lose Costa on waivers and not wanting to pay for an extra forward carrying 23 players instead 22. You just dont send the teams #2 leading scorer down just because Bochenski outplayed him for 1 week.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Yeah lol no Kernal, you dont actually believe that do you?

If were going by 1 week camp performance then Andre Petersson should be our 1RW, and Nathan Lawson as our #1 goalie.

Datcosta and Pageau also outplayed Smith, Greening, Neil, Condra, Turris etc

And you make it sound like Dacosta put up 10 points or something, he had 1 more point than Zibby playing more games and playing between Milo and Bibby while Zibby got Neil and Greening.

This was an issue about not wanting to lose Costa on waivers and not wanting to pay for an extra forward carrying 23 players instead 22. You just dont send the teams #2 leading scorer down just because Bochenski outplayed him for 1 week.

3xpsx.jpg

That's it too. Lots of deserving players get sent down because they're waiver exempt. You have to massively outplay the competition to force management to keep you. Look at Pageau.

And a player like Zibanejad needs to be playing as many minutes as he can. If he's going to be extra forward in Ottawa better to have him playing top minutes in Bingo.

Suppose they kept Z and lost Da Costa to waivers. The fans would be "bad asset management, fire Murray! McGuire for Sens GM!"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

AFAIK, HS works on 360&ps4 as well. There's a tutorial somewhere on the site. And it works GREAT on iOS&android devices, for what it's worth.

Yeah I wish they had a trial, not sure if my uncles Internet would handle it.

But I need my Canucks games. I'll find a way.

You can pay 5 bucks or so for a 1day-pass, and if you like it and want to extend it to te season, they'll discount you that much from the total. There's a low quality stream, too.

Really, the only realistic downside it has compared to GCL is that there is always the risk that it MIGHT get shut down. The thing is though that they're based in the netherlands (one of the countries most lax for IP laws) and they've been around since 2007.

Also technically they're donation-based, sp they're cleverly not selling a service. AND you can cancel anytime and get your remaining-time money back (-5%).

So... I doubt they get shutdown, and their service is amazing both in terms of quality and quantity.

/salespitch

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Letang injured and Semin injured?!?!

My fantasy team noooooooo :(

Letang was already injured before the draft. That's why I didn't wanna waste an early pick for him. Should've done your research! : p

Chris R

And if your favorite team is local-ish. The game will be blacked out! Woooooo f you GC

Alaska isn't in ANY hockey market :( Hell give me the Canucks or something at least. If Seattle ever did get a team we would be in their market but the NBA had to go and fuck that deal up so I'm left out in the cold yet again.

I'll have to check out hockeystreams site when I get home tonight.

edit: http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3310263/NHL_TV_Markets.jpg Check out this awesome map :(

Samyy

Letang was already injured before the draft. That's why I didn't wanna waste an early pick for him. Should've done your research! : p

Bah I was really sick over the weekend and had to try and do some work for school so research was impossible.
I was practically coughing up a lung when we were drafting got damn!

Pitt doesn't play until the 3rd so there is time!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Your welcome. I had high hopes for Grabner but I was compelled to accept due to your teams name.

Were it not for autodraft, I would have reached for him.

I also see I had the first overall pick. Thank god I set my rankings to take Tavares instead of Crosby.

My team turned out okay. Should be fun.

I don't even know. The Sharks jersey are looking sexier and sexier...

If Anaheim did relocate to Seattle, it would be the only circumstance in which I'd be OK with you leaving the ship.

I'd make you walk the plank if you became a Queens fan.

Damn that shit would be crazy. Would you cheer for Seattle?

I wouldn't have much choice.

Anaheim? Really?

Zero evidence.

Samyy

Were it not for autodraft, I would have reached for him.

I also see I had the first overall pick. Thank god I set my rankings to take Tavares instead of Crosby.

My team turned out okay. Should be fun.

Tavares over Crosby? :| whyyyyy

oh and:

‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 28m
Like my pal @GagnonFrancois, also hearing plan is for Reimer to start over Bernier tomorrow for Leafs in Montreal...

AWWW YISSS #TeamReimer

Top Bottom