• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

I could see Franson being moved for a forward: RFA, better track record than Gardiner and could easily be unaffordable for the Leafs come the off-season.

Quick

Banned
Between the Avs and Oilers, which young core of players are better?

The Oilers get a lot of attention, but the Avs seem to be working quietly towards the same goals (Cup, maturation of young players, success in general).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Briere is definitely much better suited to center.
You can tell he's not comfortable on wing, and he doesn't have as much space to make plays. DD is also pretty bad at faceoffs, another reason Briere needs to center that line.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor

The Oilers get a lot of attention, but the Avs seem to be working quietly towards the same goals (Cup, maturation of young players, success in general).

The Oilers' young core has a much higher ceiling, in my opinion. Avs have a more rounded core of young players, though.

Before Mac I'd have said oilers have more potential, after Mac it's really up in the air. Especially if we move stastny.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So what crack were you guys smoking earlier that you thought with McClement out we'd only have 11 forwards?

Quick

Banned
Stone Hands with Kessel earlier...HNNNNG

Before Mac I'd have said oilers have more potential, after Mac it's really up in the air. Especially if we move stastny.

MacKinnon was a definitely the right pick. Not to say Jones isn't a good pick, but I don't think he'd have as immediate an impact as MacKinnon, considering the Avs' needs.

This is the worst pp I have even seen. They don't even give a single fuck. Phaneuf just leisurely skates back to get the puck and waste like 20 seconds.

Top Bottom