• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Alucard

Banned
Sorry folks, only doing it to spite Alucards insistence on posting wrestling GIFs in this thread by reminding him of the superior existence of an actual combat sport.

In a thread related to the best sport ever though, it's kind of overall redundant.

Hey, no argument about MMA being a sport and wrestling being a scripted athletic performance. I just prefer the scripted fighting, but respect MMA.

Hockey's almost here. Woo.

calder

My new MMA hero right there.

Hmm I was going to say he hasn't won shit this year, but the. I remembered he just recently beat Jjakji during DreamHack Moscow. Respeck.

563px-MMA_MLG_Ana2011.jpg

couldn't resist

Apparently Backes is being an absolute dick tonight.

Not surprised. He never got the Minnesota Nice memo.
@Russostrib · 1h 1 hour ago
Backes runs over Folin, who is slow to get up. Interference penalty for Blues' captain
@Russostrib
Ballard with a hipcheck on Reaves. Now Backes hits Coyle in the back of the head sneakily going to the bench. Nastiness out there

EDIT:
Michael Russo verified
Outstanding save by Backstrom on Bouwmeester, and then he's crashed into. Trainer Don Fuller out to look at him,

Bryz time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks lines tonight vs. Edmonton:

Burrows - Bonino - Vey
Higgins - Matthias - Hansen
Shinkaruk - O'Reilly - Jensen
Sestito - Horvat - Dorsett

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Sbisa - Stanton

Lack

Vey slots in for the injured Kassian. Horvat gets an audition as a fourth-line centre. The 2nd line is the projected 3rd line and the 3rd line is probably Utica's top line.

Looks like the defence pairings are set for the regular season too, with Weber the 7th D.

You're right, but I don't want you to be right.

Horvat on the 4th line makes me sad. SAD I SAY. I'd much rather have him play 3C instead of Matthias. And Kassian can go die on the 4th line so Jensen or Shinkaruk can play on the 2nd.

Boo.

So, a typical night from Backes. Scumbag Blues gonna scumbag.

I don't see the Blues enough. Are they really that bad?

Can't be worse than the, "We'll slash your star's hands during every break, in an attempt to injure him because we're dirty asshats" Canucks.

Typical Capitals win.

Get outplayed, squeak out a late equalizer and win in the shootout.

Feels like the players are still reverting to Oates' system, especially the first line.

Blech.

Smiley90

Can't be worse than the, "We'll slash your star's hands during every break, in an attempt to injure him because we're dirty asshats" Canucks.

This can't have happened, unless Kessel was trying to steal someone's donuts

Just little things like what I posted above. Shoves after every whistle. Slashes to the hands/legs when the puck is far away or on the way to the bench. Not-so-subtly interfering with players but somehow rarely getting caught.

And so on.

This can't have happened, unless Kessel was trying to steal someone's donuts

The last time we played you scumbags, Kessel was slashed three times during after-whistle skirmishes. It was obvious, and you could see him shake his hand afterwards.

They're dirty bastards and I have no respect for them anymore. I regret cheering for them in the finals.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
'Leafs looking to platoon Orr and Kozun' Because if John Scott plays the Leafs need Orr dressed so he can not fight him.

Why not just dress the skill/speed guys and skate around the goons?

Sadly this is a victory. At least they aren't demoting Kozun for full time Orr.

Smiley90

The last time we played you scumbags, Kessel was slashed three times during after-whistle skirmishes. It was obvious, and you could see him shake his hand afterwards.

They're dirty bastards and I have no respect for them anymore. I regret cheering for them in the finals.

Lol someone post that gif of Kessel practicing his golf swing on... I forgot who it was.

Last time we played you guys was the first time you won in Vancouver since the 90's or or so, no? Be happy about that instead.

ZeroGravity

Nabokov with a shutout in his first start with the Lightning. Kucherov now with five goals in the preseason.

Everything coming up Tampa.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What? Holy fuck, I never would've thought that was still a thing. Good on them for sticking around.
I know right, surprised the hell out of me too. I met Tommy Tallarico waaaaay back when EP was big and I was still into gaming. I'll never forget his constant complaining about their only being 1 footstep sound in games.

calder

Nik Ehlers is too young and slight to play in the NHL right now, he absolutely needs to go back to junior. But damn is he making it hard.

I know right, surprised the hell out of me too. I met Tommy Tallarico waaaaay back when EP was big and I was still into gaming. I'll never forget his constant complaining about their only being 1 footstep sound in games.

High Heat Baseball :lol

Burakovsky is making the roster it seems, kid is looking like a keeper.

Marvie_3

Banned

Fuck you for reminding me about this douche.

zroid

Banned
Nik Ehlers is too young and slight to play in the NHL right now, he absolutely needs to go back to junior. But damn is he making it hard.

Nylander's in the same situation, but it's looking more and more likely he might stick around for 9 games

Smiley90

K I just got home, look at the NHL website to see what I missed in the Canucks-Oilers game, and uh........

1ST PERIOD
01:58 VAN Tom Sestito Charging - 2 min against Tyler Pitlick
08:42 VAN Alexandre Burrows Hooking - 2 min against Nail Yakupov
08:42 EDM Nail Yakupov Cross checking - 2 min against Alexandre Burrows
08:42 VAN Kevin Bieksa Hi-sticking - 2 min against Taylor Hall
08:45 EDM Anton Lander Holding the stick - 2 min against Chris Higgins
15:13 VAN Derek Dorsett Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Steven Pinizzotto
15:13 EDM Steven Pinizzotto Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Derek Dorsett
15:13 EDM Steven Pinizzotto served by Teddy Purcell Hi-sticking - 2 min against Derek Dorsett
20:00 VAN Shawn Matthias Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Will Acton
20:00 EDM Will Acton Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Shawn Matthias
20:00 EDM Will Acton Misconduct (10 min) - 10 min
20:00 VAN Shawn Matthias Misconduct (10 min) - 10 min
2ND PERIOD
01:48 EDM Jesse Joensuu Hooking - 2 min against Nick Bonino
03:56 VAN Tom Sestito Roughing - 2 min against Jesse Joensuu
03:56 EDM Jesse Joensuu Roughing - 2 min against Tom Sestito
04:47 VAN Cal O'Reilly Holding - 2 min against Nikita Nikitin
06:05 VAN Tom Sestito Interference on goalkeeper - 2 min against Viktor Fasth
06:05 EDM Darnell Nurse Unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min
10:30 VAN Luca Sbisa Tripping - 2 min against Taylor Hall
13:24 EDM Kevin Westgarth Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Tom Sestito
13:24 VAN Tom Sestito Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Kevin Westgarth
13:24 EDM Anton Lander served by Teddy Purcell Roughing - 2 min against Tom Sestito
14:47 VAN Hunter Shinkaruk Too many men/ice - bench - 2 min

the fuck? This is a preseason game, right?

ShaneB

Yeah, it's been 'EP Daily' for a while now. A lot different than when it was RotR. I haven't watched in ages either. Got to meet Tommy as well ages ago when I was at a Video Games Live show. Good times.

Smiley90

dat coverage by the Oilers D on their own powerplay

PortlyMeagerHippopotamus.gif

suck it mobile-gaf

edit: wait, Horvat got injured in the first period? FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Hall's positioning there was amazing.

Remember when he was supposed to be as good as Seguin?

Yeah, it's been 'EP Daily' for a while now. A lot different than when it was RotR. I haven't watched in ages either. Got to meet Tommy as well ages ago when I was at a Video Games Live show. Good times.

Reviews on the Run still exists!

Last time I saw Tallarico he was doing some PBS symphony thing. He had a guitar and it was terrible.

Top Bottom