• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

I think 5 minutes of the story was all that I could absorb. After that, it all made no sense. You could almost hear Peter Dinklage whispering "hey, Director, what's my motivation here?".

I'm proper cake bossed and watching Blade Runner Final Cut for the first time. Blade Runner is my absolute #1 movie and I intentionally avoided the Final Cut for so long out of fear of it ruining it in the same way the directors cut of Donnie Darko ruined it.

Suffice to say, ain't that bad.

Sanjuro's banned

Italian is sexy

and he was banned for using the same word he hassled Red for using

Banderas.GIF

I hate it, but it's so appropriate right now.

He must have sold the condo.

Truth. Will Varlamov be a .927 goalie again?
I don't see any reason to think he can't. He's young enough and especially with how bad the avs D was AND were bottom 3 in puck possession seems to only strengthen the case that he can repeat. He put up really good numbers with a pretty rough D in front of him.

Cake Boss

Banned
Q3IypJIl.jpg

Look at these salty ass bitches.

n521d036c0a15d.gif

Only 2 more years of these fucking losers, can't wait.

I imagine my reaction to when Cleary is no longer on this team will be like how CakeBoss feels now with Babby resigning and Norisson being named captain.

Remember when Destiny was good?

I really hope Bungie can bounce back with the sequel, the concept is good

Yeah..... /goes back to grinding for stupid materials :(

Cake Boss

Banned
"@TheFourthPeriod: Ducks have interest in Methot, but nothing close. If Sens decide to trade him later in year & Ducks still in market for D, they'll revisit."

Let's trade our only top 4 dman but keep Philoops and Neil making 2M+ each to be the 7th dman and 13th forward on the team.

Silexx

Where Silex aka Philoops apologist to chime in on how Philips is just showing leadership here through tough love.

Look man, I just have the balls to say what everyone else is afraid of saying: Karlsson should have been learning from Philips instead of Alfredsson. Why do you think he now plays more like a forward than a defencemen now, huh, Cake Boss?

Let's trade our only top 4 dman but keep Philoops and Neil making 2M+ each to be the 7th dman and 13th forward on the team.

Have to balance all this good news you are getting.

Going to try out my new hockey stick today, looking forward to trying it out. So far each stick has lasted longer, so hopefully this one lasts 7+ months.

Socreges

Banned
So I'm in a pool where everyone picks a 'Bonus player' who only counts if no one else chooses him in their 12 forwards or 6 dmen. Multiple people may have the same bonus player.

There are 9 people in the pool.

So I'm thinking I should pick a rookie. Any thoughts?

And any dark horse suggestions for my main picks? I'm thinking Mathieu Perrault could be a good late pick...

I don't see any reason to think he can't. He's young enough and especially with how bad the avs D was AND were bottom 3 in puck possession seems to only strengthen the case that he can repeat. He put up really good numbers with a pretty rough D in front of him.

It could happen, sure, but it rarely does. It's happened only three times since the 2005 lockout: Tim Thomas did once and Martin Brodeur did it twice.

So I'm in a pool where everyone picks a 'Bonus player' who only counts if no one else chooses him in their 12 forwards or 6 dmen. Multiple people may have the same bonus player.

And any dark horse suggestions for my main picks? I'm thinking Mathieu Perrault could be a good late pick...

What do you mean by "only counts"? Their stats count toward the pool? Can you change your bonus player if someone else has them? No goalies?

18x9 = 162, so choosing someone with a ranking around 170 should be pretty safe.

Looking at this: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729272 some suggestions:
-Callahan, #171 (if he plays with Stamkos)
-Brassard, #173 (No. 1 centre with Stepan out)
-Garrison, #183 (should get PP duties)
-Hampus Lindholm, #190 (30 points last year)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Bobby Ryan had 48 points in 70 games last year.

He's looked good in pre season...

Not 7 million good though. Honestly, I wonder if they could've gotten some good prospects out of Philly for him?

Both Schenns and a 2nd?

There's your centre depth, a defenseman to take over for PhilOLps, and a pick in a decent draft.

We'll never know.

Samyy

He's looked good in pre season...

Not 7 million good though. Honestly, I wonder if they could've gotten some good prospects out of Philly for him?

Both Schenns and a 2nd?

There's your centre depth, a defenseman to take over for PhilOLps, and a pick in a decent draft.

We'll never know.

Kuro thats a horrible trade for Ottawa
Ottawa already has depth at centre, and Luke is a pylon.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Has anyone picked Maata? Might even pick Seth Jones. For forwards maybe Hagelin? There should be a couple non-rookies you can hope for a breakout year from.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He was injured since November and played through it until they had to shut him down.

He still ended up with 23 goals. There's no doubt he will get 30 this year of he stays healthy.

He should if he's playing first line and first PP. Better hope he doesn't get injured with the extra time he presumably wants though.

Top Bottom