• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Welp, the Oilers are showing everyone that this year is going to be more of the same. 60 point season with the team playing like donkeys as shown tonight. And then they'll fire some member of the staff who's name isn't Kevin Lowe or Mactavish.

...So how about them Maple Leafs? They know how to rebuild a team. Or at least they know more than the Oilers ever will at this rate.

Quick

Banned
So much talent being wasted in Edmonton. What a shame.

All this talk about the Panthers folding or relocating, at least their team has more potential than the Oilers.

Oilers need to clean house completely. Re-hiring Dynasty-era guys has proven, and continues to prove, to produce poor results.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cool gif of the NHL's history

kfuUa8u.gif

Red_Man

I remember MacTavish saying he was going to make a huge move when he was first hired, and that no player was safe. He's done jack shit aside from giving Pouliot an awful contract.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The real winners here are everyone that got to see 4 games of the new Ducks jersey to start the season.

I'm excited to gaze upon the home blacks in person on Friday. I might even get to touch one.

Gif of the Flyers only decent shootout guy. Everyone else on the roster is bad at them, or hasn't been given a chance.

mP47i4l.gif

Every now and then a shot comes along that is just nigh unstoppable. This one is a beauty.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Have you guys seen this? It's a chart showing the fastest skaters in the NHL and their acceleration:

Speed-vs-Acceleration-graphic.png

Phil Kessel is fast for a fat husky guy :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hate to call the 5th game of the season against one of the worst teams in the league a "must win," but, well, here's what comes after we host the Hurricanes tomorrow night:

vs. the undefeated Sharks
@ the undefeated Devils
@ the 3-1 Canadiens (in what had before last season been our House of Horrors)
vs. the undefeated Wild

:/

Spl1nter

I wouldn't want kadri in any deal for staal, just too critical to the future. I think the real difficult choice this season is if to trade lupul. Right now he is are best forward.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Duclair-St.Louis-Nash line is a combined 6G, 8A, 14P, +12.

The rest of the Rangers: 5G, 7A, 12P, -38.

I know +/- is a bullshit stat and all, but still. MINUS THIRTY-EIGHT.

Cake Boss

Banned
The Duclair-St.Louis-Nash line is a combined 6G, 8A, 14P, +12.

The rest of the Rangers: 5G, 7A, 12P, -38.

I know +/- is a bullshit stat and all, but still. MINUS THIRTY-EIGHT.

There other lines have Mike Kostka on the ice with them while the 1st line gets Mcdough and Healthy Staal.

Red_Man

If Carolina Hurricanes captain Eric Staal were to become available in a trade this season the Toronto Maple Leafs would be willing to pony up in a major way to land his services, according to TSN's Darren Dreger.

tLQ8B.png

Pls do it Nonis

Samyy

If Kadri and or Rielly is traded Staal I don't even know

We're so fucked

Dude is 30 how many prime years does he even have left, 3-4?

Red_Man

If Kadri and or Rielly is traded Staal I don't even know

We're so fucked
No way they move Rielly, but if they trade Gardiner it will still be stupid and hilarious. Staal is almost 30, he's not going to change the Leafs from a bubble team to a contender.

Top Bottom