• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Razorskin

----- ------
Funny thing is, I was hyped for it when it was announced, Bungie having the rep it has. I played the Alpha and Beta, lost interest, cancelled my pre-order, got sucked back in and bought it day one.

It was fun for a week.

Doesn't have more than a week's worth of PvE content.

I missed the Leafs game last night, because a close family member had a seizure and ended up in the hospital. Thankfully, they ended up being okay and it was just a low medication thing. I was scared shitless.

I checked my phone and followed the score, plus PVRed the game just before I left. However, it only saved until just shy of the end of the third. I deleted it because of that, and because I didn't have a lot of time to sit and watch the whole thing, but before I did, I looked at all of the goals.

I've seen replays a couple of times. Kessel looks to have a good game (nice possibly accidental feed to JvR, sweet OT goal, good effort) and so did Percy.

Glad Reimer's doing well, because Bernier's off.

I was indifferent toward Destiny until I played the beta. Hated it and haven't looked back.

Only games I'm for sure getting for the rest of the year are Sunset Overdrive and MCC. Might get Pokemon, will probably get Smash around Christmas.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Definitely need to get some NHL-Gaf H2 games going once MCC is out.

I missed the Leafs game last night, because a close family member had a seizure and ended up in the hospital. Thankfully, they ended up being okay and it was just a low medication thing. I was scared shitless.
That's awful, good to hear everything is fine.

Socreges

Banned
Leeness was occasionally around but has basically disappeared. Either she's fairweather or can't handle the unchecked testosterone or both

Stasis

Not buying a PS4 is looking more and more like the right move. NHL15 sucks, Destiny is a fading one trick pony, and Driveclub online is a disaster. I'm throwing more money at my PC and NAS. I'll get a console next year if NHL16 is decent and a few must plays are released.

Definitely need to get some NHL-Gaf H2 games going once MCC is out.

That's awful, good to hear everything is fine.

Thanks

It was. They hadn't had a seizure since February, and after that brain surgery was done to remove a tumour. Since then, scans have been clean. So, I figured it was just medication. But it was the first time I'd ever seen one, and they were laying face down when I found them.

Red_Man

Not buying a PS4 is looking more and more like the right move. NHL15 sucks, Destiny is a fading one trick pony, and Driveclub online is a disaster. I'm throwing more money at my PC and NAS. I'll get a console next year if NHL16 is decent and a few must plays are released.
15's game play is the best in any NHL game by a mile, it's just the fact they completely gutted the game of it's modes that is shit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Nope. Another one...I thought I saw her post once or twice last year, but nothing recently.

Leeness??? Or you talking about shadowkat, who I'm kidding about being Manics...or am I....

Wazzy? Is that who you're thinking of?

Yeah I think he means Wazzy. This just shows that CanucksGAF has by far the most female posters if you can even get them confused :lol

Kat represents the rest of the league, sorry

imBask

Banned

you're an optimist, EA will most likely just update the roster and re-introduce whatever they stripped out of the game this year

BRAND NEW! PLAY IN THE MINOR LEAGUES TO GET DRAFTED! WOAAAAAH!

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah I think he means Wazzy. This just shows that CanucksGAF has by far the most female posters if you can even get them confused :lol

I'm so confused as to why I'm being name dropped but I still rep canuckssssssssssss

I just got a little screwed over by buying a Kesler jersey a couple months before he was traded

Edit: Ah wondering if I'm the person who disappeared. I'm not sure if I'm the one but I was posting in here before but haven't in awhile.

Red_Man

B0Ao1YeCUAAX9Ie.jpg:large

Fire.gif

The Leafs had better not give up Gardiner, or anything crazy for Staal. I don't think he's as good as they say, and find him kind of boring.

Nylander stepped right in and scored a beauty in SEL (or SHL, I dont even know what it is supposed to be called in english anymore). I will try to post a video later if anyone is interested!

Curufinwe

I just requested an invite from hockeystreams. I think I can justify paying to watch the Phantoms this year, and the AHL's own site charges a ridiculous $200 to watch one team's games.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

No...

Who the hell is even Wazzy?!??

All I know is that it was a girl and posted somewhat regularly back in the day for th Canucks. I saw he post elsewhere on GAF as well and she may have posted in th Vancouver OT, but I dunno since I don't venture there.

zroid

Banned
I just requested an invite from hockeystreams. I think I can justify paying to watch the Phantoms this year, and the AHL's own site charges a ridiculous $200 to watch one team's games.

Wat. That's nuts. Most (all?) Marlies games are televised, luckily.

Red_Man

The AHL feed package is a joke and most of their streams aren't even HD. I have no problem supporting a service like hockeystreams when the NHL is so inept a providing an affordable, quality service.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm referring to NetMapel

pretty sure she's a female canucks fan... I think?

(going over older posts)
YES, I was referring to NetMapel.

:l

What happens if I show up on Friday?
Hah! Just like Quick is going to show up?

My guess is you'll play Smash, be uncomfortable around all the generic Asians, won't talk to anyone really, refuse crappy beer and leave early and unsatisfied.

I'm not doing a good job selling this, am I? :'(

Wazzy

Banned
No...

Who the hell is even Wazzy?!??

All I know is that it was a girl and posted somewhat regularly back in the day for th Canucks. I saw he post elsewhere on GAF as well and she may have posted in th Vancouver OT, but I dunno since I don't venture there.

That would be me and I definitely posted in Vancouver OT but if I'm not the person you're talking about I'm also not sure who it is.

Quick

Banned
Hmm ok, at least now they have a short form that works in both english and sedish. SHL really hasnt caught on here yet, everyone except broadcasters still says elitserien.

If any Leafs fans have needs a Nylander fix, jump about 2 minutes in to this video:

http://shl.se/shl-arena/38918/postgame/

What a beaut.

Did the SHL switch over to Reebok's Edge jerseys? The collar looks like Reebok's, but the rest of both teams' jerseys don't seem to fit the Edge template.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Hah! Just like Quick is going to show up?

My guess is you'll play Smash, be uncomfortable around all the generic Asians, won't talk to anyone really, refuse crappy beer and leave early and unsatisfied.

I'm not doing a good job selling this, am I? :'(

LOLOLOL. Honestly, I probably wouldn't talk to anyone really and it won't be because you are generic Asians but because I am very shy. I would refuse beer because it is crappy.

Unless I chicken out I should be there. Though I kinda like the mystery of being April and I don't want to disappoint. :(

What a beaut.

Did the SHL switch over to Reebok's Edge jerseys? The collar looks like Reebok's, but the rest of both teams' jerseys don't seem to fit the Edge template.

SHL never really had a unified jersey deal, thats why I am pretty sure that you can find Bauer, Reebook and Easton jerseys.

Clydefrog

Are you kidding? Muzzin should fire his agent, based on the advanced stats anyway.

lol i like Muzzin but looks who he's playing with in defense: the godking Doughty

i'm sure other teams would have been willing to pay Muzzin more too! happy we got to keep him

Top Bottom