• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
After that I think it's safe to say he'll be sticking around for a while at least.

I think so too.

On another note, I hope Cowen keeps sitting in the press box. It's refreshing not seeing a million turnovers every game thanks to one player.

Got a new jersey tonight.

This is my SIXTEENTH NHL Jersey. What the fuck is wrong with me?

1510758_10152722007315399_6620061447004521787_n.jpg

Ive always been a Spezza fan while watching Ottawa so I was a-ok getting it. He's been doing pretty good this year. Had a 4 point night tonight.

(now I just hope he resigns :X)

That makes a lot more sense now. I thought you were just running out of big names to purchase.

When you get a Vernon Fiddler jersey then I guess you're pushing it.

(Cue: "Well actually Vernon Fiddler is a really likeable player who plays on the edge etc")

Socreges

Banned
Fun game to watch. Canucks did OK. Gonna be the first of many losses.

So when does Drouin play his first game? In a week's time? Who will his linemates be?

If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome.
Oh no my favourite hockey team just lost their Norris-bound dman for possibly weeks or months wah wah wah

Put yourself in my shoes, man. This could possibly seriously disrupt my hockey pool chances...

ZeroGravity

Fun game to watch. Canucks did OK. Gonna be the first of many losses.

So when does Drouin play his first game? In a week's time? Who will his linemates be?
Best guess would be the 28th when the Lightning get back from their road trip. I'd expect him to probably play with Boyle and Morrow/Connolly to start with.

Walk up to the club like, "What up? I got a Blackhawk!"
I'm so pumped about some shit from wsox
Cups At United, it's so damn shiny
That people like, "Damn! That's a fly-ass Marvie."

Marvie is the only poster who has something to say

Macklemarvie's new album, The Heist, available in stores now.

With such hits as:

Can't Choke Us
Same Glove
Thrift Sharp
Kane$

Macklemore-Laughing-Smiling-Reaction-Gif.gif

trifelife

lol that Spezza jersey, so legit.

Canucks played pretty well tonight, all four lines were up to shit at one point or another. Maybe win if Miller starts, bit whatever. There were bounces on either side that could have easily gone the other way.

Looking forward to Dallas and Bo...?

RC

Banned
We better get used to losing. Since we're going to do a lot of it.

Excluding the Alberta teams, but that's like picking on a small retarded child.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Got a new jersey tonight.

This is my SIXTEENTH NHL Jersey. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I approve of this. Still a huge fan, unfortunately Spez was the wrong star for our team at this time. Playing on the Stars surrounded by other star forwards(no pun intended) is the best scenario for him to succeed.

The Leafs lose and everyone else in their division wins. Typical night.

I was hoping the Sedins would net a bunch and keep Tampa from two points, although I prefer the Bolts.

Our defense:

Varlamov - Varlamov
Varlamov - Varlamov
Varlamov - Pickard

Is this part of the reason your scout guy got fired? No good defensive draft picks lately?

I don't know the system well but there hasn't been anybody worthwhile defensively coming up in the Avs system in a while, right?

Is this part of the reason your scout guy got fired? No good defensive draft picks lately?

I don't know the system well but there hasn't been anybody worthwhile defensively coming up in the Avs system in a while, right?

Good defensive prospects is all we have right now they're just not ready. Though our defense could be:

Bigras-Johnson
Siemens-Barrie
Holden-Butcher

It's decent, still no top-pairing in the system, but Bigras and Siemens were impressive at camp this year.

Bigras is going to be a stud but I suspect he's still years off. That Stuart contract speaks loudly about our prospect situation, we have two promising defenseman but Siemens is gonna have to fight for it.

Bigras is going to be a stud but I suspect he's still years off. That Stuart contract speaks loudly about our prospect situation, we have two promising defenseman but Siemens is gonna have to fight for it.

Oh, woops!

Bigras-Johnson
Siemens-Barrie
Holden-Butcher

Buyout: Stuart

Fixed.

I could see Siemens being ready to step in next year. Bigras the year after that. Siemens had a concussion that slowed him down, I don't see Bigras' development taking as long.

Top Bottom