• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty good preseason overall, general impressions

Great:
A.Gally - Looks like a different player, should be huge this season
Patches
Subban
Price - Mid season form already
Sekac - Should be huge if he can handle the grind of 82 NHL games
Brolieu - Has that 6th spot on lock down
Weise / Prust / Malhotra - Should be the best 4th line the Habs have had in years

Meh:
Gallagher
Bourque
Parenteau

Terrible :
DD - GTFO
Emelin - 3rd pairing pls
Tinordi - Dunno what's wrong with him right now
Budaj

Everyone else was as expected. Bring on the Leafs.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
HF Habs fans are some salty motherfuckers.

It was pretty funny watching the Habs celebrating their goals like they just won the cup, I guess they really don't feel too confident about this coming season ;)

Red_Man

That's like 2/3's of the Canucks 4th line back when we were a decent team :(
I don't get why Torts had so many issues with Weise. He's the perfect 3rd / 4th liner, great speed / physicality and he actually has skill. Him and Prust have some great chemistry, and Malholtra should take a lot of the defensive pressure off of Pleks.

HF Habs fans are some salty motherfuckers.

It was pretty funny watching the Habs celebrating their goals like they just won the cup, I guess they really don't feel too confident about this coming season ;)
It's pretty funny when people post about Hfboard reactions like they're suppose to be reasonable.

Red_Man

Truth is we just beat your asses in back-to-back games. Bet that hurts.
I think you like Neil may have forgotten it's preseason. As long as we stay relatively healthy, it doesn't really matter to me. Glad the Sens have something to enjoy before the regular season starts.

Edit: Good to get some salt out now since I won't be able to post during the opener game.

zroid

Banned
To be fair, the game's not starting for another 10 minutes, so I'm assuming whoever is broadcasting at hockeystreams decided to just put baseball on :lol

it's the same channel, presumably going to switch to hockey when it starts (or not?)

the game has gone into extra innings...

edit: looks like hockey has been moved to one of the secondary sportsnet channels

MacAttack

There's been rumours about the Bruins trying to move a D all summer, I imagine this was as good of an offer as they got.

Yeah I'm there with this is the best they couldn't got because all the other D won't be able to get this kind of return.

But everyone loves Johnny Rocket so this is a hard blows.

Boychuck is a fan favorite and a favorite among his teammates. Everybody knew he could be traded but nobody wanted it to happen.

I doubt they will get that 3rd rounder. The Isles should contend long enough that they dont trade him before the deadline.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Missed it, my stream cut out on me.

At least we can still rely on Edmonton for those easy points.

here you go

AlarmingOrangeIberianchiffchaff.gif

Sedins still good at passing it into the goal :lol

Dumba with a goal makes his total 1+4 in the preseason. Dude is playing very very well thus far.

Should definitely play on the third pairing and get powerplay time this year. He deserves it so far.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So AV's preference is for Stepan to go on LTIR so the team can carry 14 Fs. If that's the case, then Duclair is almost certainly in, and they'll probably be looking to add Mueller or Hayes for more flexibility with the center situation.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Oilers are just terrible, can't believe after all those high picks they just can't get any better.

I was just about to say this

Also I swear every second pass Yakupov makes just ends up on a Canucks player's stick, even when he's not under pressure

Top Bottom