• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Nippon = Japan.

image.php

TUSR

Banned
smash 3ds is a fucking joke

play with my buddy in town, lags.

my brother in calgary, lags.

another buddy in victoria, lags.

Cant even have good 1v1 battles, let alone 1v1v1 ffa or team 2v2

Cake Boss

Banned
lol preseason.

Seeing how emotional Red was getting over these games, you would think he was watching Round 1 of the playoffs again, but then again he is always trolling and try to bait people in like a little Habris he is.

And seeing how les habs celebrated after each goal, looks like this game meant a little more than another preseason game for them, it actually looked cute.

Looks like I missed another "fun" game.

GOD DAMN THAT WAS VINTAGE WILSON

edit: Man if he could get his game back that would be huge

I know you think our defense is worse than last year, but I think Redmond/Stuart is slightly better than Benoit/Guenin. Also, having Barrie and Holden for the full year will help.

I know you think our defense is worse than last year, but I think Redmond/Stuart is slightly better than Benoit/Guenin. Also, having Barrie and Holden for the full year will help.

A stable Wilson will edge Stuart out. Maybe that contract is what Wilson needed to light a fire under him, cause he's been on his way out since Roy arrived.

We are worse because Benoit is gone. I don't even understand why.

Acid08

Banned
Stuart is a straight up liability whenever he's on the ice. He'll throw some big hits every once in a while to fool you into thinking he's doing alright but he never really is.

A stable Wilson will edge Stuart out. Maybe that contract is what Wilson needed to light a fire under him, cause he's been on his way out since Roy arrived.

We are worse because Benoit is gone. I don't even understand why.

Benoit was good, I didn't get that either, though he had long periods of time where was completely invisible.

Acid08

Banned
Ducks beat Sharks, was a really good game. Sharks 3-1-2 in the preseason.

PP in midseason form already.

I think Mueller, Tierney, and Goodrow are making the team.

The Avs actually won a pre-season game...in a shootout. Though they played well the past two games against LA, with roster cuts that make it closer to the real teams that's good.

867370061.gif

zroid

Banned
So should Phil Kessel be a Brawler, Swordfighter, or Gunner in Smash Bros?

either way, I'll sacrifice defence as much as possible for speed

Calamari41

41 > 38
I hate shootouts so much. They're just such a bitch-ass way to end a game after these guys bust their asses over 3 periods and an overtime.

Montresor

I hate shootouts so much. They're just such a bitch-ass way to end a game after these guys bust their asses over 3 periods and an overtime.

They're one million times better than a tie.

And they are more practical than continuous overtime. There is too much wear and tear on players already. Better to finish the game quickly with an entertaining skills competition than deal with ties or continuous, backbreaking play.

As long as playoffs have continuous OT, I am happy with the shootout.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Posting this gif here so I don't forget about it if it comes in handy some other time

vM3zlP.gif

Shootouts suck but in an 82 game season they make sense. The real issue is the loser point. Sure they make things more exciting towards the end of the season but they also allow for teams that deserve a playoff spot to get fucked over by a team that really has no business in the post season. That's some serious bullshit.

Hunter S.

Shootouts suck but in an 82 game season they make sense. The real issue is the loser point. Sure they make things more exciting towards the end of the season but they also allow for teams that deserve a playoff spot to get fucked over by a team that really has no business in the post season. That's some serious bullshit.

Chicago fans especially love the shootout.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still prefer the shootout over the old method with real ties, but damn that is some crazy stats.

Especially funny considering that NJ ended up with only 2 points less than the Caps. And 5 points behind Detroit&Columbus which both made the playoffs.

Hunter S.

Makes me wonder if the Capitals specialized in playing for ties. If it happens like that again I would want the shootouts gone.

Montresor

Well I'm glad I didn't blind-purchase Destiny. I almost did after that great launch trailer (the one with the three friends and the Led Zeppelin music). I can't stand loot games, and I cannot stand the idea of being at the mercy of rare item drops.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They just need to increase the points received for wins in regulation or OT, make teams play to win instead of playing to not lose and wait for the shootout.

Top Bottom