• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Razorskin

----- ------
And who was the last player to not wear a helmut?
mactavish.jpg
MacT to be the next Leafs gm

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What is with the Penguins and weirdly serious, potentially life-threatening medical conditions? That really sucks for him. Hopefully they get it right the first time for him.
All the reports sound like he should be fine, he'll play up until the surgery and should be back within a month. He's known for 3 weeks, must be a really strong individual to carry that around with him and play like he has.

So.....does anyone here think the Oilers actually have a chance to beat Montreal tonight?
A pretty good chance. Price hasn't played against Edmonton since 2011, and the Habs always blow in the west. Their run will end soon, makes sense it's against one of the worst teams in the league.

Damn . . . that was quite the game.

Penalty Summary
1st
2:16AnaheimANHTim Jackman (Fighting - 5 min) drawn by John Scott
2:16San JoseSJJohn Scott (Fighting - 5 min) drawn by Tim Jackman
12:53San JoseSJAdam Burish (Slashing - 2 min) drawn by Tim Jackman
15:38San JoseSJMatthew Nieto (Hooking - 2 min) drawn by Matt Beleskey
18:38AnaheimANHTim Jackman (Hooking - 2 min) drawn by Tommy Wingels
2nd
4:35San JoseSJJustin Braun (Holding - 2 min) drawn by Jakob Silfverberg
9:40San JoseSJScott Hannan (High-Sticking - 2 min) drawn by Sami Vatanen
9:40AnaheimANHSami Vatanen (Embellishment - 2 min) drawn by Scott Hannan
9:52San JoseSJMirco Mueller (Unsportsmanlike Conduct - 2 min) drawn by Ryan Getzlaf
9:52AnaheimANHRyan Getzlaf (Unsportsmanlike Conduct - 2 min) drawn by Mirco Mueller
15:23San JoseSJAdam Burish (Delay of Game (Face-off Violation) - 2 min)
18:57San JoseSJTommy Wingels (Fighting - 5 min) drawn by Corey Perry
18:57AnaheimANHCorey Perry (Fighting - 5 min) drawn by Tommy Wingels
3rd
7:38AnaheimANHSami Vatanen (Holding - 2 min) drawn by Tommy Wingels
10:18San JoseSJJoe Pavelski (Fighting - 5 min) drawn by Ben Lovejoy
10:18AnaheimANHBen Lovejoy (Fighting - 5 min) drawn by Joe Pavelski
10:18AnaheimANHTim Jackman (Roughing - 2 min) drawn by Marc-Edouard Vlasic
10:18AnaheimANHTim Jackman (Roughing - 2 min) drawn by Marc-Edouard Vlasic
12:58San JoseSJJustin Braun (Roughing - 2 min) drawn by Corey Perry
12:58AnaheimANHCorey Perry (Roughing - 2 min) drawn by Justin Braun
12:58AnaheimANHCorey Perry (Misconduct - 10 min) drawn by Justin Braun
12:58San JoseSJJustin Braun (Misconduct - 10 min) drawn by Corey Perry
13:56San JoseSJBench (Leaving the Bench (Player Leaves Bench) - 2 min) drawn by Hampus Lindholm served by John Scott
13:56San JoseSJJohn Scott (Fighting - 5 min) drawn by Tim Jackman
13:56San JoseSJJohn Scott (Instigator - 2 min) drawn by Tim Jackman served by Tomas Hertl
13:56San JoseSJJohn Scott (Game Misconduct - 10 min)
13:56San JoseSJAdam Burish (Roughing - 2 min) drawn by Nate Thompson
13:56AnaheimANHTim Jackman (Misconduct - 10 min) drawn by John Scott
13:56AnaheimANHNate Thompson (Misconduct - 10 min)
13:56San JoseSJAdam Burish (Misconduct - 10 min)
13:56AnaheimANHNate Thompson (Roughing - 2 min) drawn by Adam Burish
13:56AnaheimANHNate Thompson (Roughing - 2 min) drawn by Adam Burish
16:54San JoseSJJames Sheppard (Fighting - 5 min) drawn by Ryan Getzlaf
16:54AnaheimANHRyan Getzlaf (Fighting - 5 min) drawn by James Sheppard
16:54AnaheimANHWilliam Karlsson (Slashing - 2 min) drawn by Marc-Edouard Vlasic
16:54AnaheimANHRyan Kesler (Misconduct - 10 min)
16:54AnaheimANHMatt Beleskey (Misconduct - 10 min)

Calamari41

41 > 38
San Jose basically sent Scott out there to troll the Ducks into a frenzy and it worked. Boudreau also said that the BS embellishment penalty set them off too.

If we're going to let a team like the Sharks effectively troll us with these meta game antics, we're definitely not ready for the Kings.

The tale of the Hartnell

Gotta take that backup goalie out of this game!

UnluckyPersonalAmethystsunbird.gif

Nolan tries to poke Hartnell on facebook but doesn't have his phone handy so..

1lsFsPQ.gif

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Moron.

My biggest pet peeve is still when hockey players don't even do up the chin straps to keep the helmets on their f'ing heads. Irks me like crazy.

This drives me nuts. Why bother to have the helmet if you aren't going to wear it correctly? They fall on their ass and the helmet goes flying. Idiots.

Razorskin

----- ------
Moron.

My biggest pet peeve is still when hockey players don't even do up the chin straps to keep the helmets on their f'ing heads. Irks me like crazy.
Kovalev was the most guilty of this, his helmet would fall off at least twice a game.

But it would be a crime to keep his gorgeous locks under that helmet for too long.

San Jose basically sent Scott out there to troll the Ducks into a frenzy and it worked. Boudreau also said that the BS embellishment penalty set them off too.

If we're going to let a team like the Sharks effectively troll us with these meta game antics, we're definitely not ready for the Kings.

On the Ducks broadcast, there was a quick interview between the 2nd & third period with Marc-Edouard Vlasic. At the end of the interview the guy asked Marc-Edouard Vlasic if he thought it would continue to be a physical game out there . . . and Marc-Edouard Vlasic basically said that, yes, both teams are worked up and the 3rd period was bound to have some tough physical play. Both teams certainly delivered on that.

ShaneB

This drives me nuts. Why bother to have the helmet if you aren't going to wear it correctly? They fall on their ass and the helmet goes flying. Idiots.

It really drives me mad when I'm watching games and see helmets rattle around as they're barely able to stay put in the first place.

Kovalev was the most guilty of this, his helmet would fall off at least twice a game.

You'd have a hard time keeping track of how many times most players readjust their helmet throughout a game from how loose they are. You can see in post game interviews that some players have that helmet head look going on, but most players you can just push off their helmets with a light touch.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ask one of them if they need help putting a bed together. Let's make tonight's After Hours REALLY interesting.

Also, who is the monkey doing the scheduling for the NHL? We play on Monday and then nothing until Saturday? WTF am I supposed to do all week when I'm not at work or playing FFXIV 2.4 and/or Bayo 2?!

Top Bottom