• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Acid08

Banned
Scott suspended for two games for leaving the bench on a legal line change to start a fight

oh no

how will we survive

without John Scott

Razorskin

----- ------
This place isn't exactly hoppin' on a Monday afternoon and I'm not seeing them. Sorry acid I tried

ezgif.com-resize10srr.gif

Tabris

I haven't really watched any of the COL and SJS games:

Acid and COL fans, can you explain what's happening with Hertl and MacKinnon. I expected both to do a lot more by now.

Hertl was on the first line at the beginning of the season but now he's playing 3rd line minutes it seems. From the 1st line in beginning of the season.

MacKinnon, I don't even know what's going on there.

Razorskin

----- ------

Acid and COL fans, can you explain what's happening with Hertl and MacKinnon. I expected both to do a lot more by now.

Hertl was on the first line at the beginning of the season but now he's playing 3rd line minutes it seems. From the 1st line in beginning of the season.

Sophomore slump.

Acid08

Banned

Hertl has been moved up and down. He just hasn't found his game yet, he's not as hard nosed as he was last year. Probably a result of his injury.

I think he would do much better as a center. Doesn't seem like that's in the plans though.

Mac is looking a lot like he did during the beginning of last season - over eager and jittery when he has the puck. He's already ruined a few breakaways by mishandling the puck, whiffed on a decent amount of shots. He'll settle down eventually.

Syrinx

The hell's with all the Chase ads on the glass in MSG? I've noticed more ads on glass this year, but this is just over-the-top.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider is just way too strong for his own good. He barely put any effort into that and still sent Brodin flying. Can't do that.

If the Wild can't score in the 4:45 of time left on this PP to start the second, they might not score one all season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
And now a match penalty to Moore. Didn't see who on the Wild it was, but he turned his head right into the hit. Unlucky.

Another 5 min. major PP coming up for the Wild. WTF is this game?

Wild are never going to score on the powerplay.

Thankfully they are great 5v5.

Unless the Rangers take every Wild player out of the game. What a fucking joke.

EDIT: Brodin is on the ice right now. Fantastic news.

EDIT2:
hRnM4YA.gif

Bb1KVg4.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
And now a match penalty to Moore. Didn't see who on the Wild it was, but he turned his head right into the hit. Unlucky.

Another 5 min. major PP coming up for the Wild. WTF is this game?

Last season the Canucks ended up on a 2x5min continuous penalty kill. It was surreal.

On another note, I've finalized my schedule for my December trip.

Philly - Dec 5-10
Montreal - Dec 10-14
Toronto - Dec14-17

Also buying tickets for the Montreal-Kings game on the 12th because when I'm already in Montreal I kind of have to go see a game, no?

Contemplating also buying tickets for the Leafs-Ducks game on the 16th but I'm not sure I can afford that lol.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, come hang out with me and show me the city dudes. And kat.

That Moore/Haula hit is fucking terrible. I can't believe this is happening right now. These teams have never really had any anymosity against each other yet somehow two terrible hits leading to guys getting kicked out of the game.

Mike Yeo, btw, doesn't have any input on the powerplay. Andrew Brunette is running it exclusively now. At this point it is all mentally affecting the team. They cannot get it out of their heads that they are 0-for-whatever now. 25 penalties for a total of 58 minutes now, if my math is right.

The personnel are there. Parise, Vanek, Pominville, Suter, Koivu, Granlund, Nino, and so on from there. The unit should be scoring but somehow cannot get it done. I don't understand it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's 14 minutes of successful PK now with over 5 mins left in the second.

Too bad the defense went to sleep in the like 2 minutes of 5-on-5 this period.

Top Bottom