• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Samyy

Beer is the most delicious drink in the world :( (depending on the brand, not Coors Kave!)
I used to hate beer when I first started drinking, now thats pretty much all I drink.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Patrick Holland was Peter Holland for a second and was wondering when the Leafs and Habs trade took place.

Why would anybody take Pavelec?
People needed goalies and he can get around 15-20 wins or so purely since he's a starter...well...at the time. The only other available goalies that late were back ups.

Please. I would never take beer. It's gross.
Coors Lite is not beer.

Beer is the most delicious drink in the world :( (depending on the brand, not Coors Kave!)
I used to hate beer when I first started drinking, now thats pretty much all I drink.
I like pretty much all alcohol though I had a bad experience with Grey Goose vodka...won't be going back to that again...

fallout

People needed goalies and he can get around 15-20 wins or so purely since he's a starter...well...at the time. The only other available goalies that late were back ups.
I'm pretty sure that's a pretty close representation of the conversation that Jets management had about him.

My rule of thumb is "if you can see through it, it's not worth drinking." Exception is Red Stripe, I can always have a Red Stripe.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tangradi was on waivers the other day if the Habs really wanted him, this looks like they're just dumping a couple contracts. Tangradi is not good at hockey things.
Yea, just contract dumps, don't expect Tangradi to play for Montreal. Budaj was great as a back up, but couldn't be depended on when Price went down. Tokarski is cheaper and younger, glad they stuck with him. Holland never took the next step and has been surpassed by numerous other forward prospects.

Edit: Apparently Budaj requested a trade after the playoffs last year

EICn4Zw.jpg

Socreges

Banned
You would have to take a look at the input that the receiver has.

According to the user manual it has a External Digital Optical Input Jack (Page 13).

Which is what the PS3 has, a Digital Optical Output. So that should take care of audio for your PS3.

The receiver seems really limited on inputs for audio and especially video.
Yeah my TV has a the same output so that should work!

As long as I can hook it up to my TV, should I be concerned about the limited inputs? Can't think of anything else I'd need.

Thanks very much for the help. Only being lazy and deferring to you because I'm out and on my phone.

Socreges

Banned
I drank a 'Matilda' from Goose Island the other day. It's unreal. Immediately became one of my favourite beers and it didn't break the bank. I know Goose does lots of good beer, but for now we only get Matilda and Sofie (waiting for me in the fridge).

I'm back in stache form, bitches.
I like.

Samyy

More importantly, what was his Dopey derp rel?

Dopey hasn't made his stats publicly available, perhaps he's been hired by a team?

Best Corsi's for Players that played more then 1 game:
Gardiner +8.9% Corsi Rel (expected) - 5 games
Santorelli +8.4% Corsi Rel (pleasant surprise) - 4 games
JVR +7.9% (missed him)
Nylander +7.2% Corsi Rel (super pleasant surprise) - 6 games

Good Canadian kid and superstar Connor Brown had a +18.9% corsi rel!!! (but only played one game so kinda pointless)

Samyy

Predicted cuts tomorrow:
Percy (if Franson is hurt he'll be the 7th)
Leivo (injury) also trailed off in the later games and posted a super bad -10% corsi rel.
McLaren
Loov (already confirmed for AHL just waiting on team in Sweden to file some paperwork or something).
Ashton (buried, forced to play with goons and Trevor Smith during preseason).

Due to injuries Nylander might get 9 games.

Acid08

Banned
Gonna take a stab at what the opening night roster will be.

Pavelski-Thornton-Hertl
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Goodrow-Tierney-Wingels
Scott-Desjardins-McGinn

Vlasic-Burns
Mueller-Braun
Fedun-Demers

Niemi

IR: Torres, Sheppard, Kennedy(keep forgetting this dude is on the team)

Extras are

D:
Irwin
Hannan

Forward:
Burish
Brown

Red_Man

Is Burns expected to stay at D all season? Kind of funny seeing him go from forward last to year to a first pairing D this year, even if he was a Dman before.

Marvie_3

Banned
I stole Marvies heart, the greatest caper known to love.

I knew I had him at "remember mark bell? what a fucking drunk bum he was."
Playing EASHL with you was like a therapy group for battered Blackhawks fans. Sure things are better now but there were those years where we put up with abuse from people like Tyler Arnason, Steve Poapst, and Jassen Cullimore and had to pretend we were happy in the relationship.

I'm back in stache form, bitches.
<3

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've never tried Coors Lite. I like all alcohol but beer.
We're having another meet up middle of this month. Just don't be good at Smash Bros on 3DS... :(
Dopey hasn't made his stats publicly available, perhaps he's been hired by a team?

Best Corsi's for Players that played more then 1 game:
Gardiner +8.9% Corsi Rel (expected) - 5 games
Santorelli +8.4% Corsi Rel (pleasant surprise) - 4 games
JVR +7.9% (missed him)
Nylander +7.2% Corsi Rel (super pleasant surprise) - 6 games

Good Canadian kid and superstar Connor Brown had a +18.9% corsi rel!!! (but only played one game so kinda pointless)
That is surprising to hear about Brown. He didn't have a great preseason but that is still a step in the right direction and with the analytics team we got, they're sure to make note of that.

I'm not of the opinion that Nylander should stay with us but 8? 9? Games isn't a waste if we don't burn a year of his contract.

I just really hope Kozun can take that 2 RW spot and run with it.
Gonna take a stab at what the opening night roster will be.

Pavelski-Thornton-Hertl
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Goodrow-Tierney-Wingels
Scott-Desjardins-McGinn

Vlasic-Burns
Mueller-Braun
Fedun-Demers

Niemi

IR: Torres, Sheppard, Kennedy(keep forgetting this dude is on the team)

Extras are

D:
Irwin
Hannan

Forward:
Burish
Brown
If you think Vlasic on the first line D apparently is still bad for my fantasy team...

Acid08

Banned
Is Burns expected to stay at D all season? Kind of funny seeing him go from forward last to year to a first pairing D this year, even if he was a Dman before.

Well I don't know if he'll be first pairing, that's just what I'm guessing. He has spent the preseason playing with either Vlasic or Mueller.

And there's no way I can answer if he'll be there all season or not but they're committed to it for right now. Marleau said in an interview that he hopes they can move Burns back up front haha.

If you think Vlasic on the first line D apparently is still bad for my fantasy team...

He doesn't put up a lot of points. Points count for a lot in our league. Also go fuck yourself.

Merguson

Banned
Predicted cuts tomorrow:
Percy (if Franson is hurt he'll be the 7th)
Leivo (injury) also trailed off in the later games and posted a super bad -10% corsi rel.
McLaren
Loov (already confirmed for AHL just waiting on team in Sweden to file some paperwork or something).
Ashton (buried, forced to play with goons and Trevor Smith during preseason).

Due to injuries Nylander might get 9 games.

That would leave us with 13 forwards which I don't think will happen. That leaves Orr as the 12th guy, (Booth on IR).

Assuming they don't want to run with Orr full-time, Leivo probably stays until Booth returns, and they re-evaluate from there.

Red_Man

Well I don't know if he'll be first pairing, that's just what I'm guessing. He has spent the preseason playing with either Vlasic or Mueller.

And there's no way I can answer if he'll be there all season or not but they're committed to it for right now. Marleau said in an interview that he hopes they can move Burns back up front haha.
Makes sense to put him with Vlasic seeing as he's the most stable on the back end, nice to be able to move him up and down I suppose. Wonder if it bothers him at all.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
More importantly, what was his Dopey derp rel?

Even if i could get them going, no useful data will show until next year at the earliest...

In general, I'd say 1000 samples per variation (at minimum) are needed to build the dataset...

When i start classifying players skills into distinct classes, i'd need more samples from those classes to completely define the set. Those classes define the quality of player so we can analyze how they play relative to similar players... and relative to positioning in the lineup.

Basically... the end goal is to have enough information where I can separate the players from the systems and their positioning in the lineup, separate the goalies from defensive play, separate offense from defense and separate luck and skill.

Socreges

Banned
Even if i could get them going, no useful data will show until next year at the earliest...

In general, I'd say 1000 samples per variation (at minimum) are needed to build the dataset...

When i start classifying players skills into distinct classes, i'd need more samples from those classes to completely define the set. Those classes define the quality of player so we can analyze how they play relative to similar players... and relative to positioning in the lineup.

Basically... the end goal is to have enough information where I can separate the players from the systems and their positioning in the lineup, separate the goalies from defensive play, separate offense from defense and separate luck and skill.
You know how I feel about DopeyStats (unless it's changed), but I hope I'm wrong. You've at least got passion going for you so it'd be great if it amounts to something.

Yes I'm a little drunk right now.

Socreges

Banned
Anyone else interested in Smash WiiU that didn't bite on the 3DS one? I don't play enough on the go to make it worthwhile. The WiiU version will also be much better in some respects.

Anyone else interested in Smash WiiU that didn't bite on the 3DS one? I don't play enough on the go to make it worthwhile. The WiiU version will also be much better in some respects.

3DS looks like a super dumbed down version so why would I want it? I don't take my 3DS anywhere and once the Wii U version came out why would I touch the 3DS one? Waste of money.

zroid

Banned

I had intended to just get it as a stop-gap to make the wait for the Wii U version easier, but I'm actually pretty impressed with it so far. Looks amazing in 3D, and it plays surprisingly well. It's also nice to just flip open the 3DS and get in a quick round or two at any given time, even at home. Pretty happy with the game, even though the Wii U version's the one I'm really looking forward to.

TUSR

Banned
I had intended to just get it as a stop-gap to make the wait for the Wii U version easier, but I'm actually pretty impressed with it so far. Looks amazing in 3D, and it plays surprisingly well. It's also nice to just flip open the 3DS and get in a quick round or two at any given time, even at home. Pretty happy with the game, even though the Wii U version's the one I'm really looking forward to.

Laggy as fuck online.

Socreges

Banned
Nobody cares about your fantasy teams, friends.
But I got Hampus, bro. HAMPUS

Fair enough.

Top Bottom