• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So we should be finding out how many games Mike Kostka is going to cost us in the next couple of weeks some time tonight.

Still only 3 weeks into Dan Boyle's "4-6 weeks" prognosis. :/

ShaneB

smugfemininebelugawhajaqmj.gif

More angles: https://gfycat.com/DishonestFaithfulDolphin

Definitely needs to tighten his helmet strap.

There we go, thank you. Yeah, when I saw that highlight last night I just shook my head. One instance of many where it could've been a hell of a lot worse, and no need for it. Helmet should never come off like that.

SUPER AWESOME HALO NEWS IN A FEW HOURS!!!

MCC related.

Really now?

With the update Forge stuff they showed yesterday, I can only hope (but totally unlikely) that they announce they are including firefight, but this time you are the map maker and can forge and create firefight maps using the new tools...

That would be awesome, but highly unlikely :(

Edit: Guess it is just the cutscene video, still cool but I want firefight!! With Forge!!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Interesting statistical look at teams start and how it historically plays out over the season :

Over the past three full seasons...

- Teams that posted a points percentage of at least .700 over the first 10 games of the season made the playoffs 73 percent of the time and won two of the three Stanley Cups (the 2010-11 Boston Bruins and 2011-12 Los Angeles Kings).

- Teams that were between .600 and .699 over their first 10 games made the playoffs 60 percent and won the other Stanley Cup (the 2013-14 Los Angeles Kings).

- If a team was between .500 and .599, their playoff chances dropped down to 46 percent. Any team that was below .500 over the first 10 games only had a 39 percent chance, and it goes down to only 26 percent for teams .400 or worse.

- If you go back over the past eight full seasons, 12 of the 16 Stanley Cup Finalists had a points percentage of at least .550 in their first 10 games and nine of them were over .600. Only three teams that went on to reach the Final were lower than .500 in their first 10 games, and none of them won it.

Rest of it here

keezy

Anyone have a time machine so I can go back and beat the shit out of my past self 2 days ago who decided it would be a good idea to bench both MacArthur and Tarasenko last night?

Holy shit, I have no idea what I thinking.

He was "DTD" with an illness. I did the same thing..

I think I'm pretty much done with Destiny now, pretty much the grinding for materials to upgrade junk (though I may hop on to do the Raid which I haven't done yet). Other than that there isn't much else to do. Playing through Sunset Overdrive right now which is great and then MCC comes out, and that will probably consume most of my time. Might get AC: Unity, FC4, NHL 15, and a few others toward Christmas or Black Friday.

But seriously, can't wait to get back to some proper Halo.
Caps taking on the Red Wing tonight, hoping for a good showing.

By good showing you mean Wings showing up and winning, then yes I agree.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this on the ol' tweet machine: "Carolina (0-6-2) is the first team since Atlanta in 2002 to enter November without a win. The Thrashers were (0-9-1)."

Step up your tank game, Buffalo/Florida/Edmonton/Toronto.

zroid

Banned
Saw this on the ol' tweet machine: "Carolina (0-6-2) is the first team since Atlanta in 2002 to enter November without a win. The Thrashers were (0-9-1)."

Step up your tank game, Buffalo/Florida/Edmonton/Toronto.

After yesterday, and it pains me to admit it, but I have to... we just aren't bad enough

here's hoping for a lottery miracle though

I wouldn't call jumping elbow first into someone clean, Dustin
I always feel lost with all the rules that have change the last year but anyway:

The skates does not leave the ice before the hit.

His elbow seems to be against his own body before the hit.

The major point of contact seems to be the shoulder or chest.

Curufinwe

I always feel lost with all the rules that have change the last year but anyway:

The skates does not leave the ice before the hit.

His elbow seems to be against his own body before the hit.

The major point of contact seems to be the shoulder or chest.

I agree. Unless there's a reverse angle that shows hie had his elbow extended and caught him in the chin.

ShaneB

Ouch. But it is a clean hit. Right in front. And the puck is right there.

My comment was never about the hit itself, I think it's a clean hit as well actually. My major problem is that his helmet comes off. Just a point I wanted to reiterate after we had that very discussion yesterday. It could've been a lot worse if his head hits the ice there.

Top Bottom