• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Solo

Pretty great to watch all these goons get shown the door. Meanwhile Florida is still going to pay Thorton, but it's a great start.

Lines will be :

67-51-15
27-14-11
17-81-26
8-20-22

74-76
79-77
28-43

That's what they've rolled at practice. Pleks line won't be a shut down line, if they need to shutdown a certain player or line, Therrien will probably rotate someone, and that 4th line can be pretty defensively responsible. I'm expecting both Sekac & Beaulieu to move up the line up in 2-3 months.

Gallys with Pleks? Ugh. I know Pleks had some great offensive years when he had good linemates, but Id much rather the EGG line if theyre keeping the Gallys together.

Still no word on Alfredsson?

Skating more but he still looks rusty, we are giving him all the time he needs, if he wants to come back middle of the year and he looks good enough to play, they'll sign him to a contract.

Also get your popcorn ready folks, the Assassins Creed Parity thread is sure to provide hours of entertainment and bans!

Panthers sign O'Brien to a two way and place on waivers, he'll go to San Antonio.

Also Mitchell named as new Captain for the team. Will splits "As" between Upshall, Campbell, DMac and Bolland.

ZeroGravity

Doesn't look like the Lightning are putting anyone on waivers, so Connolly, Panik, and Barberio should make the team.

Drouin will probably start the season on IR and go play in Syracuse on conditioning.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Chris Mueller may not actually be sent down if he clears waivers. Sounds like the Rangers are mostly just dangling him out there to see if anyone will take him and solve their contract limit problem for them.

Stepan is officially on LTIR. Unavailable until at least Nov. 3.

Hmm Johansen deal seems to work for both sides. CBJ gets him for a reasonable $4M AAV at a longer deal (initial offers were for two years) and Johansen gets a huge $6M payday in the last year which will make his next contract hefty. He'll still be an RFA afterwards.

Why they didn't start negotiating at a 3-year deal is baffling.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
According to AV, Duclair will stay for as long as he proves that he deserves to be in the top 9. So keeping him for the entire season is an option.

Cake Boss

Banned
tsn_wally: Murray says methot's camp turned down the Sens latest offer. No new offer coming from Murray at this point."

Lmaoo this organization.

1 step forward, 2 steps back. Just pay the fucking guy, have you seen our defense?

fallout

Wtf is winnipeg doing
It seems like they didn't want to put Hutchinson on waivers, which would have been their other option. Budaj is basically a goalie insurance policy now (assuming he clears waivers). He can also act as a mentor for the other Jets goalie prospects.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lmaoo this organization.

1 step forward, 2 steps back. Just pay the fucking guy, have you seen our defense?
BzC18mnCUAAJ3Qi.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was just telling you why Montreal did the trade, not why Winnipeg did.

Fair enough. I knew about the goalie problem, I just wasn't sure why Winnipeg would do it. Granted, they didn't give up anything for him, but it's clear they have a goalie problem, and it's not going to be solved by Budaj. I'm questioning the half-measures here.

fallout

I'm questioning the half-measures here.
As I said yesterday, it's entirely possible that there aren't any full-measures available. And that includes available players where the asking price is too high. The Jets have a goalie problem, but they're also lacking depth in a lot of other places, so the options for trade are limited.

Also ...

hfKTHfS.png

Silexx

Lmaoo this organization.

Why the panicking all of the sudden? I definitely want Methot back in the line-up but I don't see why the organisation has to bend over backwards to get him signed.

Jensen sent down, Horvat will be too.

Where is Shinkaruk these days?

I saw Jensen was sent down but not Horvat.

Shinkaruk was sent down too.

If Horvat is sent back to junior that leaves the Canucks with 13 forwards, 8 defencemen, and 2 goalies. Bieksa and Corrado are injured so that may be why they're carrying an extra D.

Acid08

Banned
Taylor Fedun sent down which is weird. He absolutely outplayed both Hannan and Irwin in the preseason. Guarantees that Mueller is getting a spot though which is awesome. Guy looks like Vlasic when he first entered the league with a more physical presence.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Joey Crabb to Rangers for Steven Kampfer and Andrew Yogan

So there we go, contract limit problem solved. That drops the Rangers' contracts to 49, so Duclair can now safely be added to make it 50 again.

Joey Crabb to Rangers for Steven Kampfer and Andrew Yogan

So there we go, contract limit problem solved. That drops the Rangers' contracts to 49, so Duclair can now safely be added to make it 50 again.

I know of Yogan (born in Coconut Creek) but there isn't much upside to these two, right? Just an ECHL/AHL deal.

Top Bottom