• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Grats to CBJ-GAF (if you exist), the Johansen deal is pretty solid all around. Kekalainen is making for a pretty good GM and I'll be pulling for you scrappy bastards. Probably the only other team in the Metro that I even come close to liking.

calder

If anyone has the NHL app it's been updated for the Rogers Era. Looks pretty slick, seems to work well, and you can log in with your MyRogers account now (assuming you signed up for the free NHL GameCenter Live trial).

As I said yesterday, it's entirely possible that there aren't any full-measures available. And that includes available players where the asking price is too high. The Jets have a goalie problem, but they're also lacking depth in a lot of other places, so the options for trade are limited.

Also ...

hfKTHfS.png

We need to think bigger....
mcjesus29lkd.png

If there was any Budaj/Hutch talk yesterday I missed it. Was sick all weekend and spent all my time either sleeping or complaining about how sore i was from coughing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I know of Yogan (born in Coconut Creek) but there isn't much upside to these two, right? Just an ECHL/AHL deal.

Kampfer had a decent camp. He was in the running for the 7th D slot along with Hunwick and Kostka (which Hunwick ultimately won). Probably a fringe NHLer at best.

Yogan is still pretty young but hasn't really shown too much. Most likely an AHL guy.

ShaneB

that shotgun home gun thread is making me scratch my head

someone admitted to keeping a loaded unlocked shotgun with an infant in the house, is america really that scary?

Little late in replying to this, but yeah, when the thread first started, I wondered what the hell is going on as well. If your instinct is you need a shotgun for protection, you should be more concerned with moving the fuck away from wherever you are!

Craziness.

Acid08

Banned
Sounds like Goldobin is going to play a full season in a European pro league like Hertl did.

Goodrow and Tierney have made the team. We still have too many forwards though, someone will have to go. Ideally it would be Brown or Burish.

Reinhart makes Buffalo but Grigorenko sent back down? I thought Grigorenko played well.

Sounds like they are not commited to Reinhart being on the team for the season, but want to give him a chance in regular season before deciding. Zadorov might get some time too depending on injuries, but seems a lock to get sent back to juniors.

Grigorenko looked like a different person this year, Nolan said his play made the decision tough but they want him to get a real stint in the AHL as a top line guy to be ready for that kind of role in the NHL.

I'd say if Reinhart doesn't make the full lineup, or there's an injury or two, Grigorenko could slide into a 2nd/3rd line spot. Especially since they seem to have settled on Hodgson being a winger.

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford
82 Marcus Foligno – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 80 Chris Stewart
19 Cody Hodgson – 23 Sam Reinhart – 12 Brian Gionta
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 8 Cody McCormick – 65 Brian Flynn – 17 Torrey Mitchell
Injured: Johan Larsson

4 Josh Gorges – 57 Tyler Myers
61 Andre Benoit – 41 Andrej Meszaros
6 Mike Weber – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
51 Nikita Zadorov – 24 Tyson Strachan
Injured: Mark Pysyk

1 Jhonas Enroth
34 Michal Neuvirth

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
https://twitter.com/kylekeefetv/status/519193155623997440

I don't know how I feel about this. We really don't need things to go back to the days of Sacco, but I can't say he's wrong for doing it. So much laziness during this preseason, O'Reilly especially.

I actually haven't seen any pre season Avs games nor checked any of the scores, I'm expecting them to do well this year though...have they been that bad in pre season???

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
With Jensen sent down and Corrado most likely be the last send-down (because he's injured), Canucks lines might look something like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Bonino-Kassian
Higgins-Vey-Hansen
Richardson-Horvat-Dorsett
(Sestito, Matthias)

(though I'd much rather have the third line of Higgins-Horvat-Vey and a fourth line of Dorsett-Richardson-Hansen)

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Stanton
(Weber)

Miller
Lack

calder

I actually haven't seen any pre season Avs games nor checked any of the scores, I'm expecting them to do well this year though...have they been that bad in pre season???

The fact Roy had "FUCK REGRESSION LOL" tattooed across his chest seems needlessly antagonistic to whatever hockey gods you pray to imo. That said, the Avs offseason commitment to DopeyStats is at least a step in the right direction.

Syrinx

Victor Rask made the Canes roster in lieu of Jordan Staal's injury. May see another call up before Friday if Jeff Skinner isn't available, which I don't expect he will.

Socreges

Banned
Hodgson on the third? Hoping for 50 points from him this year so that won't do.

With Jensen sent down and Corrado most likely be the last send-down (because he's injured), Canucks lines might look something like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Bonino-Kassian
Higgins-Vey-Hansen
Richardson-Horvat-Dorsett
(Sestito, Matthias)

(though I'd much rather have the third line of Higgins-Horvat-Vey and a fourth line of Dorsett-Richardson-Hansen)

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Stanton
(Weber)

Miller
Lack
So Horvat's OK?

And fuck, we need a better third pairing than that. Who do we have besides Corrado who can fill in when someone's injured?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just really, really lazy from the games I've seen. The one exception is the last game against LA.

The fact Roy had "FUCK REGRESSION LOL" tattooed across his chest seems needlessly antagonistic to whatever hockey gods you pray to imo. That said, the Avs offseason commitment to DopeyStats is at least a step in the right direction.

Hm, well I'm expecting MacKinnon to really light it up this season. I was hoping someone would pass on him in our pool too...

If Duchene stays healthy and ROR can step it up, the Avs should be a scary team.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hodgson on the third? Hoping for 50 points from him this year so that won't do.

So Horvat's OK?

And fuck, we need a better third pairing than that. Who do we have besides Corrado who can fill in when someone's injured?

I'm assuming he's okay or Jensen wouldn't have been sent down. And sending Horvat to the OHL for another year just doesn't make any goddamn sense.

Well, Weber's gonna be our 7th D. So Corrado would be our 8th D and will probably see some games.

Shinkaruk and Jensen aren't waiver eligible so they'll definitely see some NHL games and are gonna get shuttled back and forth whenever someone's injured.

Our other D, let's see. Who could get called up, this is the training camp roster when it started, aside from the ones that are on the team now:

Peter Andersson
Alex Biega
Jeremie Blain
Anton Cederholm
Frank Corrado
Spencer Humphries
Kent Huskins
Kane LaFranchise
Even McEneny
John Negrin
Bobby Sanguinetti
Mackenze Stewart
Jordan Subban
Henrik Tommernes

Huskins and Corrado might get call-ups, as Corrado isn't waiver eligible and Huskins is.... well... Huskins. Not sure who of those got assigned to AHL and who got assigned to Juniors, though.

ZeroGravity

Marchessault, Paquette and Witkowski cut, so Tampa's roster going into the season will probably be:

Palat - Stamkos - Johnson
Killorn - Filppula - Callahan
Morrow - Boyle - Brown
Kucherov - Namestnikov - Connolly
Panik

Hedman - Stralman
Carle - Garrison
Brewer - Gudas
Sustr - Barberio

Bishop
Nabokov

Without spoiling the actual characters, can someone point me in the direction of unlocking the extra characters in Smash? I know there's one available for beating Classic (I lost that fight, don't ask).

TUSR

Banned
Without spoiling the actual characters, can someone point me in the direction of unlocking the extra characters in Smash? I know there's one available for beating Classic (I lost that fight, don't ask).

play like 120 games and that should do it

there are specific faster ways though

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Marchessault, Paquette and Witkowski cut, so Tampa's roster going into the season will probably be:

Palat - Stamkos - Johnson
Killorn - Filppula - Callahan
Morrow - Boyle - Brown
Kucherov - Namestnikov - Connolly
Panik

Hedman - Stralman
Carle - Garrison
Brewer - Gudas
Sustr - Barberio

Bishop
Nabokov
So the sophomores are with Stamkos, eh?

That's a pretty decent line up and people were giving me shit on fucking reddit when I said the Lightning were a force to be reckoned with. Stralman is only going to make them stronger and this is all WITHOUT your golden boy there too.

Vman

Per Russo (Beat Writer)- Chuck Fletcher is "perplexed" Ilya Bryzgalov can't land job. "There’s just a giant chasm between the perception of Bryz and the reality."

Acid08

Banned
Clearing Classic Mode a certain number of times seems to unlock most of them. Some you have to play at 7.0 or higher. A couple characters need you to play a certain number of matches.

fallout

Per Russo (Beat Writer)- Chuck Fletcher is "perplexed" Ilya Bryzgalov can't land job. "There’s just a giant chasm between the perception of Bryz and the reality."
I think you get permanently tarnished when you get bought out 2 years into a 9 year $51 million contract.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think you get permanently tarnished when you get bought out 2 years into a 9 year $51 million contract.
Yeah Phoenix seems to make their goalies better than they are though I still think he could be better than Pavelec. I read Pavelec was better in the pre season, so maybe he can turn it around?

Top Bottom