• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's awful news for Skinner, how many concussions is that for him now 3 or 4? At some point he's going to have to think about his own safety long term.

Budaj is probably pretty pissed about being sent down :lol

Erdrick

When Pavelec is your starter. that has to be embarrassing :p

Jets management must be worried that Hutchinson would be claimed via waivers if they sent Budaj down just like that. Maybe they have something else going on or in mind that no one else knows about... An odd move in any case.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Why not now? Are you busy?

Let me login to TUSR-VISION and see what's occupying yo-...

dHEVR6b.jpg

... Oh.

Lolololol

TUSR

Banned
Aren't you still in friggin' Kelowna

Get your ass over here already where everyone is.

Agreed though. Blessed Tinder.

i guess im considered the interior or some shit right?

but yeah see you in april if i get a good contract on the coast. my future wife (not waifu) is there.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
i guess im considered the interior or some shit right?

but yeah see you in april if i get a good contract on the coast. my future wife (not waifu) is there.

Filipino nursing student or something was it?

iLLmAtlc

Looks like the Kings vs Sharks game will be on SN1 in Canada. Gotta say this is probably one of the best opening night matchups in a while.

Hoping to be able to watch both Nucks and Sharks games without missing any action thanks to the cup ceremony

zroid

Banned
Looks like the Kings vs Sharks game will be on SN1 in Canada. Gotta say this is probably one of the best opening night matchups in a while.

Hoping to be able to watch both Nucks and Sharks games without missing any action thanks to the cup ceremony

That's nice. Hopefully we'll get more games featuring just US teams this year with the Rogers deal.

EDIT
Found this PDF on sportsnet.ca that has a full list of Rogers' broadcast schedule of NHL games this season, also indicating which ones will have regional restrictions

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
http://i.imgur.com/p17Zs.gif[img]

Also, there's a "discrimination against men" thread in OT. only good things can come of that.[/QUOTE]

At least it exposed that Kano guy for being the personification of the oft misused term "White Knight".

I suspect all those Mortal Kombat guys are one person's collection of alts used to push self righteous opinion and agree with each other, but forum drama isn't really worth the investigating..

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So to get the $15 back on the PSN deal, I have to spend another 50 bucks. I have $55 in my wallet. Debating between Diablo 3 and Shadow of Mordor (I have Driveclub).

I also want Fifa and Madden but buying sports games digitally is basically throwing money away.

Recommendations?

TUSR

Banned
So to get the $15 back on the PSN deal, I have to spend another 50 bucks. I have $55 in my wallet. Debating between Diablo 3 and Shadow of Mordor (I have Driveclub).

I also want Fifa and Madden but buying sports games digitally is basically throwing money away.

Recommendations?

Mordor is good

Diablo 3 is a bit grindy.

What kind of experience are you looking for.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Mordor is good

Diablo 3 is a bit grindy.

What kind of experience are you looking for.

idk, just "finished" destiny. Killed the heart or whatever. Thinking Mordor is a better game, but skeptical of buying digital if i want to resell it.

I want the destiny expansion pass, maybe should just buy that and some stuff on sale to round it out. Wait til black friday for mordor and diablo. Going digital still not viable in my eyes.

Red_Man

I imagine Diablo will be on sale soon, it's really fun if you're into that kind of stuff. Lots of replay value as well.

How has Collberg looked btw TM?

Smiley90

Predicting the Jack Adams winner is the dumbest award you could try and predict.

That's not really that absurd.

1. Duncan Keith, CHI 1033
2. Zdeno Chara, BOS 667
3. Shea Weber, NSH 638
4. Ryan Suter, MIN 351
5. Alex Pietrangelo, STL 304
6. Drew Doughty, LA 284
7. Erik Karlsson, OTT 70
8. Ryan McDonagh, NYR 53
9. Victor Hedman, TB 42

I can see why maybe Chara would decline, but I see no reason to believe Keith, Weber, Suter and Pietrangelo would suddenly become worse. And Karlsson/McDonagh/Hedman could easily become better (or good again in the case of Karlsson)

Red_Man

1. Duncan Keith, CHI 1033
2. Zdeno Chara, BOS 667
3. Shea Weber, NSH 638
4. Ryan Suter, MIN 351
5. Alex Pietrangelo, STL 304
6. Drew Doughty, LA 284
7. Erik Karlsson, OTT 70
8. Ryan McDonagh, NYR 53
9. Victor Hedman, TB 42

I can see why maybe Chara would decline, but I see no reason to believe Keith, Weber, Suter and Pietrangelo would suddenly become worse. And Karlsson/McDonagh/Hedman could easily become better (or good again in the case of Karlsson)
Doughty is probably the best overall D man in the league right now. He's better than Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo, Karlsson etc. Better than Subban as well.

Acid08

Banned
Doughty actually isn't even that great in the regular season. Wouldn't say he's middle of the road or anything but he definitely isn't playing at a super high level consistently. His real worth comes during the playoffs.

Smiley90

Doughty is probably the best overall D man in the league right now. He's better than Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo, Karlsson etc. Better than Subban as well.

I just realized, how did Subban place FIFTEENTH in that vote lol

lol

one third place and one 5th place vote

Red_Man

Doughty actually isn't even that great in the regular season. Wouldn't say he's middle of the road or anything but he definitely isn't playing at a super high level consistently. His real worth comes during the playoffs.
He just seems kind of lazy, he shows up when it matters most, like the Olympics or Playoffs. If he put in 100% all of the time he'd probably have a Norris or two by now.

I just realized, how did Subban place FIFTEENTH in that vote lol

lol

one third place and one 5th place vote
He was pretty bad down the stretch leading up to the playoffs, last 15-20 games or so.

Smiley90

So, uh, Skinner's concussion is confirmed. His FOURTH in the NHL. He's 22.

... Yeah that's probably gonna be it for his career soon.

Making award predictions before the season is always great!

Though sometimes they can be spot on, like I predict Cleary is going to completely suck in every game he plays and will be a non-factor/negative player.

Red_Man

Making award predictions before the season is always great!

Though sometimes they can be spot on, like I predict Cleary is going to completely suck in every game he plays and will be a non-factor/negative player.
I hope he gets traded just so we don't have to listen to you complain about him every day.

Yeah, the Canes are quietly becoming one of the top McDavid contenders. It's a damn shame about Skinner, he was the only real bright spot on their roster.

Red_Man

Yeah, the Canes are quietly becoming one of the top McDavid contenders. It's a damn shame about Skinner, he was the only real bright spot on their roster.
Seems like a really great kid, it would be a shame if he had to put his career aside for his health.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I hope he gets traded just so we don't have to listen to you complain about him every day.

They'll stash him on LTIR and let him collect his paycheck before ever trading him. Babcock needs his buddy around at all times.

Top Bottom