• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Well Wingsgaf hope you are ready for more smith-quincy pairing and a DeKeyser-Kindl/Lashoff pairing.

They sent Ouelette back down to GR today...

pringles

Well Wingsgaf hope you are ready for more smith-quincy pairing and a DeKeyser-Kindl/Lashoff pairing.

They sent Ouelette back down to GR today...
Still holding out hope that it's just a paper move to get to the roster limit and something will be done to get XO on the team by thursday.

Still holding out hope that it's just a paper move to get to the roster limit and something will be done to get XO on the team by thursday.

They'd have to find someone to take Kindl. Something they have been trying to do for over a year. I doubt they will bury his 2.5 mil salary in the minors.

I'm sure he would clear waivers. They won't dump Lashoff since he is cheap and is servicable as a 7th D

Please be true.

Yay!

Goodbye Cleary/Lashoff/Kindl!!!!

Nestrasil had a good preseason and kinda came out of nowhere, it will be interesting to see if he actually takes this opportunity and runs with it. He is mostly up though because out of the 3 waiver required players, he did play the best in the preseason.

Edit: XO sent down, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Please be a paper move so they can get rid of Kindl/Lashoff.

Edit 2: Though it is sounding like Nestrasil will beat Cleary for a spot, if so I consider that half a victory.

Edit 3: Looks like Holland was the one who made the final call on XO. STUPID HOLLAND!!!!!!!!! Babs I guess wanted XO in the lineup, I wouldn't be surprised to see him up sooner rather than later though.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Nestrasil had a good preseason and kinda came out of nowhere, it will be interesting to see if he actually takes this opportunity and runs with it. He is mostly up though because out of the 3 waiver required players, he did play the best in the preseason.

Edit: XO sent down, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Please be a paper move so they can get rid of Kindl/Lashoff.

Edit 2: Though it is sounding like Nestrasil will beat Cleary for a spot, if so I consider that half a victory.

Edit 3: Looks like Holland was the one who made the final call on XO. STUPID HOLLAND!!!!!!!!! Babs I guess wanted XO in the lineup, I wouldn't be surprised to see him up sooner rather than later though.
Don't worry, once Ericsson breaks another ::insert body part here::, Ouellet will be back.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

21 is too young...

Vu86fLM.png

What? I thought it was going to stay Maple Leafs Square?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

So we basically have the same freaking team as last year.

Brilliant, Holland. Brilliant. Because they did so well. And now the old guys are a year older! That should really serve us well later in the season.

Holland is terrible. Nestrasil will be benched for Cleary frequently. Of course Holland won't admit he was wrong with Kindl and gave Quincey a ludicrous contract. He'll never admit he's wrong. When they miss the playoffs, he'll blame it on injuries.

Samyy

My predictions for the East:

Atlantic: Boston, Montreal, Tampa, Toronto/Detroit
Metro: Pittsburgh, NYR, NYI, Columbus

I was considering Ottawa but man is their defence is....suspect. Not that the Leafs or Detroit's is great....but Phillips on the 2nd pairing? :x

Razorskin

----- ------

I was considering Ottawa but man is their defence is....suspect. Not that the Leafs or Detroit's is great....but Phillips on the 2nd pairing? :x

So pretty much like last season except NYI instead of PHI, sounds reasonable.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not holding my breath...even fucking NEW JERSEY did better than us towards the end, but new season and new hopes.

Samyy

So pretty much like last season except NYI instead of PHI, sounds reasonable.

Yea I think Halak > Mason and NYI D > Philly D which is what will put NYI over the top.

I'm not holding my breath...even fucking NEW JERSEY did better than us towards the end, but new season and new hopes.

Im not holding my breath, but we you look at some of the other teams in the East, that last WC spot is...well, pretty wide open.

Razorskin

----- ------
Most expensive tickets in the NHL: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/t...ll-teams-listed-1-to-30/#.VDRRJrPlAjk.twitter

1. Toronto Maple Leafs, $373.50
2. Vancouver Canucks, $282.58
3. Chicago Blackhawks, $275.65
4. Edmonton Oilers, $259.83
5. Calgary Flames, $241.18
6. Montreal Canadiens, $218.30
7. New York Rangers, $217.97
8. Boston Bruins, $210.83
9. Pittsburgh Penguins, $208.50
10. Minnesota Wild, $178.81
11. Ottawa Senators, $174.32
12. St. Louis Blues, $163.98
13. Philadelphia Flyers, $162.47
14. Winnipeg Jets, $156.64
15. San Jose Sharks, $140.82
16. Los Angeles Kings, $132.95
17. Buffalo Sabres, $130.28
18. Washington Capitals, $128.88
19. New Jersey Devils, $127.16
20. New York Islanders, $125.88
21. Dallas Stars, $120.75
22. Detroit Red Wings, $112.27
23. Colorado Avalanche, $102.72
24. Columbus Blue Jackets, $96.52
25. Anaheim Ducks, $95.52
26. Arizona Coyotes, $95.51
27. Carolina Hurricanes, $94.64
28. Nashville Predators, $94.31
29. Florida Panthers, $89.76
30. Tampa Bay Lightning, $77.21

Imagine if Toronto was a regular playoff contender and cup favourite.

STUPID HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

That they will need Ouellet at some point this season, as well as Kindl, was the main reason Holland wasn’t prepared to sacrifice a veteran defenceman before the season even started.
“I guess I look at this differently than a lot of people,” Holland explained. “The NHL season is a marathon. It’s 82 games and we’re going to need depth over the course of those 82 games.
“I expect we’re going to get injuries. I expect we’re going to have to tap into our depth. I don’t like to lose players. I like to add depth. I think the depth has been a big factor over the last two seasons that has allowed us to stay in the race and play our way into the playoffs.”

And this idiot got an extension, guess he is content with mediocrity, no wonder Babs hasn't talked about an extension because Holland has his final (terrible) say in everything. Not that Babs is perfect (cough Cleary cough), but this is just stupid when you obviously have some kids in the AHL who are better than 3 of your defensemen.

Greg Brady ‏@bradyfan590 1 min1 minuutti sitten
Told Red Wings are "very active" in taking calls to try & trade Jakub Kindl. Nothing imminent by any stretch, but they are shopping him.

Greg Brady @bradyfan590 · 2 min
DRW wants to make room for Xavier Ouellet who'll start in Grand Rapids. He won't be there very long. Outplayed Kindl dramatically.

So who wants a former first round (during the lottery year) bust?

Any takers!! I know the Oilers want him, they can't get any worse.

Leafs tickets are ridiculously expensive, and it keeps a lot of true fans from attending games. It's too bad.

I've been to several, but usually bring bad luck with me. I also haven't bought one in a while, because I haven't wanted to pay money to watch them suck when I can do that from the comfort of my home.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Randy Carlyle (TOR) 5/2
- Well, I can't argue...
Jack Capuano (NYI) 3/1
- I doubt it, Halak should save him
Craig Berube (PHI) 4/1
- Took awhile for the Flyers to adjust, but I think he'll stick around
Paul MacLean (OTT) 11/2
- He does quite a lot with what he has, Anderson will save or sink him.
Dallas Eakins (EDM) 11/2
- If he does go, Edm should be known as the place where coaches go to die.
Bob Hartley (CAL) 6/1
- Why? He did well with what he had all things considered. I can only see this if they want a coach that's better for developing kids.
Dave Tippett (PHO) 17/2
- He's the only reason they have a winning record. Guy is brilliant and I'd LOVE for him to be our head coach.
Todd McLellan (SJ) 16/1
- He'd be one of the first to be snatched up if he did get fired. If he were to get fired, it may be after the post season unless the Sharks come out really floundering, which isn't likely given their roster.

Leafs tickets are ridiculously expensive, and it keeps a lot of true fans from attending games. It's too bad.

I've been to several, but usually bring bad luck with me. I also haven't bought one in a while, because I haven't wanted to pay money to watch them suck when I can do that from the comfort of my home.

You bring bad luck? Hah! Leafs bring it upon themselves when they were stubborn and dressed facepunchers and wanted a team of truculence instead of a team of skilled players.

calder

Gary Lawless had a column in the Winnipeg Free Press today that:
- advocated moving Buff back to D, admitting he was better there overall (albeit with a few typical Lawless caveats)
- used possession stats as evidence, in particular Corsi

I only just posted this because I was in a shock-coma for 6 hours. Next Lawless will admit he's wrong about Kane being a selfish player or something.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I've been to one game at the ACC years ago. Owen Nolan was still on the Leafs. Only reason I got to go was because a friend was given a pair of tickets and he brought me. Good seats too, they were seasons tickets.

Went to a couple of games at the Gardens (QUIET KURO) though.

Top Bottom