• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I see you fellas aren't in the mood today. So in honour of Letterman:

DecisiveVacantAmurstarfish.gif

Clydefrog

congrats on the win tonight, sharks. you guys came out to play.

it's a shame you couldn't do that earlier this year... you know? when it really counts?

CE8v2Rt.jpg
rHkPS0n.jpg
aBlOdWd.jpg

aROYiAW.jpg
JxDwkMa.jpg

W0Bd7zU.jpg

aHlKM2I.jpg

Ducks fans, see you in November!

special thanks to the Boston Bruins tonight for not taking the game into overtime so I could watch the banner-raising ceremony.

keezy

Don't feel so good about the Wings this season. Pre-season seemed like a bad omen. I really don't want to watch the Detroit Griffins for another year.

Don't feel so good about the Wings this season. Pre-season seemed like a bad omen. I really don't want to watch the Detroit Griffins for another year.

This isn't the Detroit Griffins though (we'd probably be better with more of them on our team anyway as some of them should). This is the Detroit "Same Old Same Old Terrible Defense and No Offense" that we saw last year.

If we resign Alfredsson I'm going to lose my mind.

Speaking of terrible defense. I'll never forget when this happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-CEzwRk_v0

Don't worry we'll sign Alfie half way through the season. Oh and remember that Kindl is playing instead of XO who is better and younger. But he is waiver exempt so Holland "had" to send him down. Such BS from him right now, fans are pissed, Babs is pissed, even Khan and some of the beat writers are pissed, Holland doesn't have it anymore when it comes to managing this team. But he just had to get an extension.

He has said he didn't want to lose Lashoff or Kindl for nothing because he thinks they'll be claimed, yet no one wants to give him anything for them on the trade front... Waive Kindl, hope he gets claimed, if not send him to GR. Save a little bit of money either way and call up XO, he's letting loyalty and ego screw up this team and preventing him from making the right calls for his job.

Alucard

Banned
dexter.jpg

Friends, as we embark upon another season of shinny, it is time for optimism. It is time for hope. It is time for destiny.

mafpads.png

...or for another MAF trainwreck.

Either way, it's going to be an entertaining ride.

Montresor

Leafs/Habs was a really fun game to watch. I'm not mad about the loss. We only tied it up based on a fluke, so it's only fair that the Habs removed the equalizer on a fluke too. I liked Percy's game a ton. I hope he sticks around for the whole season. We would have a nice mix of veterans and youngsters on defense: MyCaptain/Robidas/Polak + Rielly/Gardiner/Percy.

http://cdn1.bloguin.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/10/dexter.jpg[img]

Friends, as we embark upon another season of shinny, it is time for optimism. It is time for hope. It is time for destiny.

[img]http://cdn1.bloguin.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/10/mafpads.png[img]

...or for another MAF trainwreck.

Either way, it's going to be an entertaining ride.[/QUOTE]

MAF will be his usual .913 self, I'll be interested to see how our new defensive zone structure impacts him though. Really can't wait for the game, there will be so much to analyze. It's a new era for us.

Leafs/Habs was a really fun game to watch. I'm not mad about the loss. We only tied it up based on a fluke, so it's only fair that the Habs removed the equalizer on a fluke too. I liked Percy's game a ton. I hope he sticks around for the whole season. We would have a nice mix of veterans and youngsters on defense: MyCaptain/Robidas/Polak + Rielly/Gardiner/Percy.

It wasn't a bad loss and I really enjoyed watching the young guys play. Rielly looks like he's ready to make that next step too. Funny enough the only defenseman who looked clueless was our captain. Oh and maybe Gards.

Oh and Bernier was ok. Just ok.

yyzjohn

Banned
It wasn't a bad loss and I really enjoyed watching the young guys play. Rielly looks like he's ready to make that next step too. Funny enough the only defenseman who looked clueless was our captain. Oh and maybe Gards.

Oh and Bernier was ok. Just ok.

They can't play Gardiner and Rielly together. They both want to jump into the play, need to pair those guys with more stay at home guys.

I think the biggest lesson to take from last night is that Sean Couturier is on pace for 82 goals this season.

But seriously, Flyers looked fine last night. Probably were overall outplayed but definitely competitive. We really need to become a better possession team though.

Getting rid of B. Schenn would probably help in that regard.... Fuck that guy.

Curufinwe

Bellemare was a great pickup. I won't be surprised if he's the first line LW by the end of the season.

How the fuck do you get a 15% CF lol
Jeez was even worse then Leafs level of bad in that game.

Actually your whole first line got stretched possession wise.

Giroux went 4-17 on faceoffs.

Top Bottom