• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

453370079.jpg

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT GUYS

GO STARS GO

GO STARS GO

Roussel on Komarov level of trolling

Damn auto correct.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dating a girl who's a Habs fan and who turned down Brad Marchand at a bar once. About as good as it gets.

Last nights game was the best opener I can remember in a long time, great pace for most of the game. Seeing Pleks with two actual offensive wingers is a dream come true.

Curufinwe

Probably matched against Bergeron the entire game? Not that surprising.

Yup, Bergeron dominated Giroux. Read-Couturier-Simmonds was strong, though.

Emery is probably starting tonight, so I think a loss is on the cards. Maybe a shootout loss.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight is the night! And I'm gonna be missing it! Or at least a lot of it. :/

We get two really good tests on the road right off the bat, so this should be a good test for the kids. I really hope the Duke can hold up against the big boys, and the Blues are going to be top tier this year in all likelihood, so this should be a pretty enlightening way to open the season.

I was pretty resigned in the offseason to being worse than we were down the stretch last year (though I was also resigned last year to the season being a wash as the team acclimated to a new coach and system), but after how positive training camp was, how jazzed up the players all seem to be, and how downright fast the team looked in preseason, I'm really pumped for this.

The road back to the Finals starts tonight!

anthonyduclairnhldrafhyzco.jpg

Yup, Bergeron dominated Giroux. Read-Couturier-Simmonds was strong, though.

Emery is probably starting tonight, so I think a loss is on the cards. Maybe a shootout loss.

LOL It's NJ! I can see the loss, but a SO loss is never gonna happen.

But yeah, line 1 got crushed. G, has always been pretty streaky though, and B. Schenn is just horrible all the time.

If they take Simmer off Couts' line I'm going to be pissed.

EDIT: Oh and agreed on the French kid. (I'll remember his name eventually.) He was great.

Var

But yeah, line 1 got crushed. G, has always been pretty streaky though, and B. Schenn is just horrible all the time.

EDIT: Oh and agreed on the French kid. (I'll remember his name eventually.) He was great.

I don't think G is in game shape yet. He didn't seem to be moving nearly as well as he usually is.

If I had one wish for the game tonight, it would be that the Flyers forwards come out of the gate with a little more energy and aggression.

Scratch that.

If I had one wish for the game tonight, it would be that the Flyers changed their horrible goal song. If you hear someone obnoxiously booing after the first Flyers goal, it won't be a Devils fan, it will be me booing that idiotic MUP MUP MUP song.

Curufinwe

If I had one wish for the game tonight, it would be that the Flyers forwards come out of the gate with a little more energy and aggression.

Scratch that.

If I had one wish for the game tonight, it would be that the Flyers changed their horrible goal song. If you hear someone obnoxiously booing after the first Flyers goal, it won't be a Devils fan, it will be me booing that idiotic MUP MUP MUP song.

It might be getting overplayed now, but that whistle song (The Walker by Fitz and the Tantrums) could be a good goal song. I associate with PEB because I first heard it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_efq5Yq2VVg

Quick

Banned
Dating a girl who's a Habs fan and who turned down Brad Marchand at a bar once. About as good as it gets.

Last nights game was the best opener I can remember in a long time, great pace for most of the game. Seeing Pleks with two actual offensive wingers is a dream come true.

Propose to her right now.

It was an entertaining game. I don't have legitimate beef, just with how flukey it got in the end.

Osorio

Our dinosaurs are gonna spank that ass

yyzjohn

Banned
We should be fine. We have two extra forwards on the roster in Ashton and Leivo.

I would send Leivo down or waive Frattin. It's time to move on. The dude is 27.

It's probably Frattin on thin ice, he wasn't even noticeable last night, or in any of the exhibition games. Don't know what happened to the guy, he was a decent 3rd/4th liner the first time we had him.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
All I remember of Panik is when he tore up the WJC. I'm surprised TB gave up on him actually, but maybe he's just not that good.

OH SNAP!!!

@greggkrupa
"we got two defensemen and a goalie waiting to go, in the minors." babcock says. #RedWings

I guess Kindl/Lashoff and Howard/Gus are going to be on very, very short leashes to start this year if Babs has his way (screw you Holland, you can't keep them buried forever!). This means that we'll probably see the young guys next game.

Edit: Panik I guess was a beast against the Griffins when the Griffins won the Calder Cup two years ago.

Cake Boss

Banned
GAME MOTHERFUCKIN DAY WOOOOO

Sir Legwand gets knighted by My Liege and King Karlsson.

65JiCUj.png

MYYYYY LIIIIGGGEEE

jMM1FxumTjirN.jpg

CAPTAINSSON!!

Erik-Karlsson-575x363.jpg

Babbbbyyyyyy!!!

bobby-ryan.jpg

Merguson

Banned
It's probably Frattin on thin ice, he wasn't even noticeable last night, or in any of the exhibition games. Don't know what happened to the guy, he was a decent 3rd/4th liner the first time we had him.

Looks like Leivo got sent down. I guess they will give Frattin, Ashton and now Panik chances to be full time NHLers.

a916

Are they going to improve the GCL streaming? Last night was awful. The quality was a giant step down from last year (even though it claims we're streaming at a higher bit-rate, but we're clearly not)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like Leivo got sent down. I guess they will give Frattin, Ashton and now Panik chances to be full time NHLers.

Could also just be a cap move like with Percy.

Either way am I too late to make Panik jokes or did that ship sail already?

ZeroGravity

Going to be a lot of nights this year where Leafs fans are going to be asking why Panik was completely invisible out there.

Lightning scratches for tonight's opener: Drouin, Barberio, Brewer

Chris R

Can't wait to watch the Avs tonight! Going to drive as fast as I can (legally) to get home so I don't miss much with the game starting as soon as I get off work :( Hoping Minnesota does a bunch of start of the season pregame bullshit.

Top Bottom