• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Nashville wins!

X1CoBsB.gif

Now that's a celebration gif

Goddamn Bennett is a last minute scratch, shit, day to day though.

Kifimbo

So, outside of the first game against the Leafs, Habs were the better team in every game this year. Sometimes by a wide margin.

zroid

Banned
So, outside of the first game against the Leafs, Habs were the better team in every game this year. Sometimes by a wide margin.

yea, Price hasn't regressed at all and they are playing better hockey so far than they did last year. hard to bet against them in any game if this keeps up.

BY2K

Membero Americo
What the hell is going on with the Habs this year!?

Pelks with 5 goals in 6 games? 6-0-0 after 6 games for the first time in their history? Carey Price still the best goalie?

zroid

Banned
It's a shame Oilers-Age has been demoralized and Flames-Age largely disappeared. This game would supply plenty of salt otherwise.

Pollux

Yeah he's been poor, but he also just played yesterday in a bad loss so CMac is up
Honestly what I've seen of this game, it's more the defense than the goalie. Don't get me wrong bobs been mediocre but there's only so much a goalie can do.

Foggy

Honestly what I've seen of this game, it's more the defense than the goalie. Don't get me wrong bobs been mediocre but there's only so much a goalie can do.

Yeah in the end, I would say defense is the biggest culprit, but at the end of the day, there have been numerous saves he needs to make. He can recover. This defense? This team as a whole? I just don't know.

Pollux

Yeah in the end, I would say defense is the biggest culprit, but at the end of the day, there have been numerous saves he needs to make. He can recover. This defense? This team as a whole? I just don't know.
Puck control is terrible. Sloppy passing. I'm tired of our guys making passes into coverage to a guy 5 feet away and not working for shots.

Foggy

Puck control is terrible. Sloppy passing. I'm tired of our guys making passes into coverage to a guy 5 feet away and not working for shots.

Yeah, typically the forecheck has masked their deficiencies. It's wild how much they've regressed. Even last year during their apocalyptic injury streak, things looked bleak but not this inept. No identity. No drive. No spark. Just isolated moments of competent hockey.

Edit: from the sounds of it, Saad got a nice pop from the Chicago crowd. I'll never understand why they didn't trade Sharp for scraps in order to resign Saad.

Pollux

Yeah, typically the forecheck has masked their deficiencies. It's wild how much they've regressed. Even last year during their apocalyptic injury streak, things looked bleak but not this inept. No identity. No drive. No spark. Just isolated moments of competent hockey.
What's frustrating about this is that they honestly look like they don't give a shit.

Foggy

What's frustrating about this is that they honestly look like they don't give a shit.

Yeah that's the hardest part. Clearly they've got it in them, considering some of the late season runs they've had. But you wouldn't think it judging by how they've played this season.

Oh well, just hope EDM doesn't get a point tonight.

Damn Columbus is going hard after Matthews it seems.

And Toronto c'mon. First you lose your baseball game now you lose against the Penguins. What are you good for exactly?

Montreal still undefeated i see. I can't believe they never started 5-0-0 and now they have won 6 to start. crazy

Pikma

Banned
It's deflating but is what it is. No way Richards makes it through the season. No idea who could coach this team and want to in this kind of market. It is what it is.
Are you that hopeless, Foggy? I still doubt the Jackets are bad enough to give up and just try to tank in order to go for Mathews, but I obviously don't know the team as much as you do.

zroid

Banned
whomever Jarmo replaces Richards with it's probably going to be a downgrade

unless he can pry Guy Boucher out of Switzerland

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm in Toronto and apparently somebody was shot and killed about 100 meters away, another in critical condition.

Yay Toronto!

Foggy

Are you that hopeless, Foggy? I still doubt the Jackets are bad enough to give up and just try to tank in order to go for Mathews, but I obviously don't know the team as much as you do.

It's weird. On one level it's on the defense. On another it's some bad luck. On another it's poor effort and/or mental collapses. Is that on the coach? The players? Do I have any faith that the players will become mentally stronger or disciplined with a new coach? But they can clearly do that considering what they did last year. So what does that say for a coach that can only competently coach a team when it's back is against the wall? What does that say for the players that they can't flip that switch now? It's a sticky wicket. There really are no clear answers. At least as far as I can see. In the end it has just flat-out been bad play, bad effort, bad goaltending, bad discipline, bad coaching, just bad. PP has been solid, though.

I do think they can emerge to stay out of the Matthew's sweepstages though. If they somehow end up in the bottom 5, holy shit, this team is gonna get blown the fuck up.

Alucard

Banned
Really wonder how motivated and inspired Crosby feels right now, and what's going through his head. No points in the first 5 games of the season.

Top Bottom