• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

zroid

Banned
Letang's upset that Kessel didn't get a tribute at the ACC? Fuck that.

Kessel wasn't a class act here, was supposedly the leader of the group who decided to stop saluting the fans, didn't accomplish much here, etc.

He wasn't a captain who rallied the team, a class act who gave his all every night like Sundin or Gimour...
OCDSimmons

Quick

Banned
Letang's upset that Kessel didn't get a tribute at the ACC? Fuck that.

Kessel wasn't a class act here, was supposedly the leader of the group who decided to stop saluting the fans, didn't accomplish much here, etc.

He wasn't a captain who rallied the team, a class act who gave his all every night like Sundin or Gimour...

Let me break it all down:

Kessel wasn't a class act here

What do you constitute as a class act? Kessel wasn't a loud voice, but he certainly wasn't a troublemaker either.

was supposedly the leader of the group who decided to stop saluting the fans

Seems like you're referring to this article and video as your source of Kessel being the source of not saluting the fans.

The only people who seem to have taken issue with this is the media. And I can't say I really blame them, after getting waffles and jerseys thrown at them.

And if you look at the poll at the bottom of the article I posted, a majority of people did not give a fuck about it. :lol

31% Yes
21% No
48% I Don't Care.

didn't accomplish much here

Uhhhhhhhh yeah okay

If you've ever ventured out from Steve Simmons' basement, you'll probably notice that not a single member of the team has anything bad to say about him. He was a leader in the locker room, but not in an official capacity like Phaneuf. Dude had the respect of the team. He even stood up for Phaneuf last season when the media was shitting on him.

And for a guy who didn't "give his all every night", he sure did clean up some of those active leader records.

Top Bottom