• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 52s 52 seconds ago
Tanner Glass (NYR) clears waivers.
ZkToQDh.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tanner Glass has been reassigned to the Hartford Wolf Pack.

Sounds like the same lineup tomorrow with Henrik Lundqvist in net.

Solo

I honestly don't think we're a bubble team anymore. We didn't steal a single game, we won all of them fair and square

yes we're missing a top 6 right winger, that's for sure

I definitely don't think the Habs are a bubble team. I just think they are juuuust a step below the teams who've won the Cup in the past 5-6 years. Another stud winger might put them over the hump.

I thought this last year after they stole Petry from Edmonton. Signing Plek was top on the to-do list, so now it's full speed ahead. Maybe something can happen at the trade deadline but that's not critical.

Even if they don't get another elite winger, they're getting production from 3 lines. The gambles on Semin and Fleischmann are starting to look like they'll pay off. Kassian was a bust because he's an idiot, but he wasn't a critical piece. The team is solid. Go Habs.

I'd love to see a trade for a top six winger before the end of the season, slide Eller down to the third line, and make one of our 4th liners disappear.

Patches-Plekanec-BGally
???-AGally-Semin
DD-Eller-Flash
Weise-Mitchell-Flynn/DSP

imBask

Banned
I definitely don't think the Habs are a bubble team. I just think they are juuuust a step below the teams who've won the Cup in the past 5-6 years. Another stud winger might put them over the hump.

I'd love to see a trade for a top six winger before the end of the season, slide Eller down to the third line, and make one of our 4th liners disappear.

Patches-Plekanec-BGally
???-AGally-Semin
DD-Eller-Flash
Weise-Mitchell-Flynn/DSP

and i'll say it again, if someone calls for McCaron, Scherbak or any pick including the 1st for a top 6 winger, do it. The window is opening right now and we can't miss it, otherwise we'll end up being the Canucks 2.0 and nobody wants that

Canucks play the Blue Jackets on Nov. 10. Should be fun.

Sorry CBJ fans, but thanks for the second round pick.

I thought Ramo was doing well. Getting torched by Washington isn't really unexpected. Guess they'll bring up Ortio to back up Hiller.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smiley pls. I'm considering play/stream Life is Strange Episode 5 on Wednesday or Thursday (most likely Thursday). Feel free to join my stream and cry along with me :D 9PM PST start if I do it !

By the way, how long did Episode 5 take you to finish ?

Not very long, maybe like an hour or 2 i think?

iLLmAtlc

Torts really toned down his media antics in Vancouver. It wasn't much of a circus until he tried to jump Hartley.

His biggest mistake was probably playing the wheels off of the Sedins. They went from top 10 in scoring around December to career lows by the end.

People blame him for running Luongo out of town but I don't really think it was his fault. Luongo was already at the edge because of fans/media/Gillis and Torts just pushed him over. Torts was trying to do his job and win a hockey game.

Curufinwe

Patches-Plekanec-BGally
???-AGally-Semin
DD-Eller-Flash
Weise-Mitchell-Flynn/DSP

Hartnell.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Torts really toned down his media antics in Vancouver. It wasn't much of a circus until he tried to jump Hartley.

His biggest mistake was probably playing the wheels off of the Sedins. They went from top 10 in scoring around December to career lows by the end.

People blame him for running Luongo out of town but I don't really think it was his fault. Luongo was already at the edge because of fans/media/Gillis and Torts just pushed him over. Torts was trying to do his job and win a hockey game.

The Sedins blocking shots and killing penalties was a low point in Canucks' history.

Torts' style didn't fit the Canucks and I don't think he was familiar enough with the Western conference (and Canada). Columbus seems to fit his style more and it's out East like the Rangers and Tampa are.

Parch

Really can't believe another team was stupid enough to give Torts another coach job. Unreal.
Giving up a pick for that biohazard just makes it even more unbelievable. Desperate times call for desperate measure? Nope. That's just stupid illogical measures.

Foggy

So Richards out in Columbus...what do we know about te new coach?

Best to simplify it. He's had success and he's flamed out spectacularly. Some think he's a good fit, a bunch think he coaches in the stone-age. Everyone has had a laugh at him (just search his name on youtube). In the presser, he said all the right things. There'll be a million thinkpieces saying it's just what they need and others saying it's stone idiotic. Just gotta wait and see. We're stuck with him for better or worse. Oh and we'll probably fork over a 2018 2nd round pick to the Canucks because of a silly rule.

Pollux

Best to simplify it. He's had success and he's flamed out spectacularly. Some think he's a good fit, a bunch think he coaches in the stone-age. Everyone has had a laugh at him (just search his name on youtube). In the presser, he said all the right things. There'll be a million thinkpieces saying it's just what they need and others saying it's stone idiotic. Just gotta wait and see. We're stuck with him for better or worse. Oh and we'll probably fork over a 2018 2nd round pick to the Canucks because of a silly rule.
Great. Well it couldn't get any worse than it was going to be honest. Guess well just wait and see. Hopefully we pull one out on Thursday. We're in for a rough road stretch.

Socreges

Banned
I'm so glad Tortorella is back. He's not a good coach, but he can be very entertaining. Plus, y'know, 2nd rounder.

I do expect the BJs to have some brief, fleeting success before he burns them out.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I'm so glad Tortorella is back. He's not a good coach, but he can be very entertaining. Plus, y'know, 2nd rounder.

I do expect the BJs to have some brief, fleeting success before he burns them out.

Jack Adams and Stanley Cup winner.

I'm not a Tortorella fan, and his tenure in Vancouver was disastrous (especially watching the success Vigneault has had with NYR), but he will be a much better short term fit for the BJs, who play a hardworking style that fits his approach to the game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Torts hire is one of those NHL moves where every single outside source believes it to be bat shit crazy.

I thought Kekäläinen was suppose to be a really smart hockey guy too.

Top Bottom