• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Oh god, I thought Torts would just fuck off into the night forever.

Maybe the World Cup coaching gig was something important after all.

Wait, wasn't that gonna be his "resurrection" or something? To prove he's not a fuckwit?

Solo

7-0-0 is pretty damn impressive, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Habs are punching above their weight right now. There will be cold streaks. They may lose 7 in a row at some point. I still think they are a legit top 6 winger away from being true contenders, but obviously I like what I see so far. The most exciting thing is HOW they are playing, a style that it seemed Therrien would never adopt.

imBask

Banned
7-0-0 is pretty damn impressive, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Habs are punching above their weight right now. There will be cold streaks. They may lose 7 in a row at some point. I still think they are a legit top 6 winger away from being true contenders, but obviously I like what I see so far. The most exciting thing is HOW they are playing, a style that it seemed Therrien would never adopt.

I honestly don't think we're a bubble team anymore. We didn't steal a single game, we won all of them fair and square

yes we're missing a top 6 right winger, that's for sure

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Todd Richards out in CBJ. Torts in.
6ADLV4r.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The BJs are a Torts sort of team. He should fit in pretty well there and have them winning games soon. It's a waaaaaay better fit than Vancouver was, which didn't have the personnel to fit Torts' style (and vice versa).

The next time the Blue Jackets play the Rangers at MSG is on Trade Deadline Day. That should be...interesting.

Parch

I still think they are a legit top 6 winger away from being true contenders, but obviously I like what I see so far.
I thought this last year after they stole Petry from Edmonton. Signing Plek was top on the to-do list, so now it's full speed ahead. Maybe something can happen at the trade deadline but that's not critical.

Even if they don't get another elite winger, they're getting production from 3 lines. The gambles on Semin and Fleischmann are starting to look like they'll pay off. Kassian was a bust because he's an idiot, but he wasn't a critical piece. The team is solid. Go Habs.

Merguson

Banned
Come to think of it, Randy Carlyle was really a great coach.

Not much coaches win the Stanley Cup and yet Randy Carlyle has done it. Legendary.

Also, look no further than our record after firing Randy Carlyle last season. He's clearly a coaching wizard.

Your team struggling? Hire Randy Carlyle immediately.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really can't believe another team was stupid enough to give Torts another coach job. Unreal.

KingBroly

Banned
Columbus wins 1 game, Torts will be hailed as the team's savior

Or

Columbus doesn't win another game, management is blamed for hiring another bad coach

Win-Win for Torts here.

Fuck Him

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's true C-bus has until Jun 1st to decide what year.

Yeah, it's a 2nd round pick from one of 2016, 17, or 18. Also, Vancouver still pays some of Torts' salary.

In the meantime, Derek Stepan is absent from practice today having a wisdom tooth removed. Really kind of seems like the sort of thing you would do in the offseason, right?

I like to imagine that one of the first things Torts did when he was hired this morning was shout to somebody "NOW GET ME FUCKING TANNER GLASS!" We'll find out in less than an hour.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, it's a 2nd round pick from one of 2016, 17, or 18. Also, Vancouver still pays some of Torts' salary.
Vancouver was paying him anyway. But I wonder if this encouraged CBJ to hire him because they're that frugal...

Foggy, you don't deserve this. Sorry dude

Calamari41

41 > 38
Fuck, Commie In Chief Trudeau is pulling all six Canadian fighter jets out of the campaign against ISIS? We're finished. Thanks for hanging us out to dry, Canada.

Socreges

Banned
Fuck, Commie In Chief Trudeau is pulling all six fighter jets out of the campaign against ISIS? We're finished. Thanks for hanging us out to dry, Canada.
Yeah but I'm sure you'll still win Another Intractable War vs Amorphous Enemy. Good luck, guys, you got this!

Marvie_3

Banned
Poor jackets. Theyd be better off without a coach instrad of Torts.

Smiley pls. I'm considering play/stream Life is Strange Episode 5 on Wednesday or Thursday (most likely Thursday). Feel free to join my stream and cry along with me :D 9PM PST start if I do it !
You could always get some google ads if you want your advertising to be better.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Trading Torts straight up for a second round pick from a bad team? Sign me up. That's pretty much a first round pick.

Now, which overvalued player will Benning trade that pick for?

Fei

Columbus... I mean, I get the firing. But Torts?? And giving up a second round pick for him?? That's embarrassingly bad decision making.

Top Bottom