• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Ayy found an intramural team for next semester.

Missed signups for the fall season though. I could join late, but there are only 6 games and I've already missed one. Not going to pay full price for 17% less games.

Going to have to work hard on my skating once the outdoor rinks open up though. Also might switch handedness on my stick. I'm dominant right hand and shoot right handed but it doesn't quite feel right. I'll go ahead and buy some shitty sherwood lefty and see how that goes.

I had no worries going into the third, despite being down 2-1.

Another good third period performance by the 2015-16 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals.

GQkOyDp.gif

Look the Caps are okay. But I think it's more likely that Ovi leaves Washington and wins a cup somewhere else.

He's going to be The Ray Bourque of this Generation.

Ayy found an intramural team for next semester.

Missed signups for the fall season though. I could join late, but there are only 6 games and I've already missed one. Not going to pay full price for 17% less games.

Going to have to work hard on my skating once the outdoor rinks open up though. Also might switch handedness on my stick. I'm dominant right hand and shoot right handed but it doesn't quite feel right. I'll go ahead and buy some shitty sherwood lefty and see how that goes.

Come on, you're from Minnesota (I think), you should be at least and elite AHL pro by now.

In other news, I got invited to a group game in February where we can rent out the Huntington Center in Toledo (where the ECHL Walleye play) and get 1.5 hour long game with refs, scorekeepers, etc... you can even pay extra to have them announce the game and record it and play it on the big center ice scoreboard. So that should be really fun.

However, the most important question still remains...
So, how badly will the Wings lose/get outshot today?

Barkov still injured :(

Bjugstad will have to step but coaching so far has been terrible. For whatever reason Gallant still wants to put out Mitchell and Gudbranson as a top pairing with scoring lines. It would be a miracle if that pair puts up 20 points. Kulikov and Petrovic have been infinitely better and can move the puck in the rush and pinch to support offensively. Thankfully the shittiness of the Atlantic still has us in 3rd. Though depending on how long Barkov is out that will not last.

Calamari41

41 > 38
What is going on with the Ducks?

Makes me feel only slightly better on how bad we suck, only slightly though.

Watching the games, it's not like they're playing shittily or anything. They look like they should be competitive in these games. The puck is just not going in for whatever reason.

You cannot be serious.

Nick Ritchie for Loui Eriksson incoming.

No, but seriously just like McPhee he's put together a forward group of tweeners and cheap dumpster diving acquisitions buoyed by two superstars upfront.
Everyone around Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler seems to be moving around all the time.
Some of that is Bruce's trademark constant line juggling but a lot of that has to do with the fact that he doesn't have the personnel.

Hagelin should not be an option for the top 6, Maroon is not a 1LW, Stewart should not be getting shifts with Getzlaf and Perry.
Right now they have holes at the 1LW, 2RW, 2LW and positions.
Bruce does a good job of getting the most out of his roster but at some point he can't do it anymore.

They need somebody like Burke to come in again and close the deal before it's too late.

I just hope Bruce doesn't get fired and becomes Penguins coach :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs are now the odds on favourite to win the cup.

I don't know how to register this feeling. Premature cup predictions are the best.

Pikma

Banned
Dumbmers will have a hearing later today for his hit on Bonino. This fucking league man, this fucking league.....

A fucking suspension will only mess with our perfect pairs work so far.
Fuuuuuuuck you league.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Martin Reway was suspended from the Sparta Prague team and got demoted to a lower level squad for 'not wanting to play for the team'.

According to SME, Reway's agent said that the player was unhappy with his time on the ice and asked to be traded to another club.

Kid has a load of talent and I believe was leading his league in scoring, but he's always had character issues. If he doesn't straighten that out, he'll never play as a Hab.

Kid has a load of talent and I believe was leading his league in scoring, but he's always had character issues. If he doesn't straighten that out, he'll never play as a Hab.

He needs to learn Rispek. I think I read somewhere that the reason was The Coach was giving him a hard time on and off the Ice. I wish Reway came over already :(

Yawnier

Banned
Watching the games, it's not like they're playing shittily or anything. They look like they should be competitive in these games. The puck is just not going in for whatever reason.

What is the ducks PDO? It could be low but I don't know how or where to check.

I think advanced stats NHL-gaf would know

zroid

Banned
What is the ducks PDO? It could be low but I don't know how or where to check.

I think advanced stats NHL-gaf would know
like I said yesterday, their sh% is 2.8 for the year. that's comically and unsustainably low, particularly for a team that has consistently shot over 8% for the last several years

it's not all bad luck, sometimes guys are holding the stick too tight, or just run into a barrage of hot goaltending... but it won't last

Foggy

Horror movie marathon lined up for myself tonight. Gonna rent Bone Tomahawk, Hellions, and either Tales of Halloween or Alleluia. Probably going to see the new Paranormal Activity tomorrow for the pre-noon $5 matinee. Good times.

iLLmAtlc

Just noticed this on my fantasy updates

Johansen logs just 13:57 mins under Torts

Advice: Johansen was removed from the top line as Thursday's contest progressed and then wasn't used at all in the last 6:10 minutes of the game. "With Joey in the middle of that line, I didn’t think it was that effective," Tortorella said. "I tried to stay with it during the game ... (but) we switched the centers. When Dubi went and played there, I thought it was much more effective as far as getting pucks to the net and spending more time in the end zone." Johansen can put up big offensive numbers, but if Tortorella decides against giving him significant minutes on a regular basis, then Johansen's fantasy value will take a hit.

Richards 2.0?

I'm going to start a petition to bring back Cleary, he was obviously the glue that has held this team together over the years. Can't believe I never saw it before.

Top Bottom