• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nice work, Toronto.

Sounds like Bernier vs. Lundqvist tonight. Truly a clash of titans.

Bernier shutout incoming.
??? Not sure what he's getting at. Debut for tonight? Players in the line up??? Players this season???

We have Kadri, Rielly, Boyes and Reimer we drafted and are playing for us...

imBask

Banned
people on hfboards are talking about firing Therrien for Boucher.

Boucher.

The guy with the most boring system in modern NHL who can't get a job anywhere (even got shifted by Torts)

to replace Therrien

at 9-2

imBask

Banned
Can you guys give up JVR please?

Put Bozak on Waivers and make Eller a 2nd line Center man or something

another thought. Would you guys be interested in Kassian too?

Eller and Kassian are MADE for Toronto, an enigmatic deception and an addicted party animal wasting his potential away

do it

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wow we suck at overtime. I'm kind of hoping for shootouts now.

That's what happens when you have people like Sbisa fucking everything up

Prust is out 4-6 weeks. Will Gaunce stay up? Or will we see Kenins return?

I think Gaunce will get his 8-game look and then we'll see. Given the uncertain fate of Virtanen and McCann (though I'd argue they should both stay, McCann has insane hands and Virtanen won't learn anything in Juniors and is physically more than NHL-ready), we already have a lot of rookies getting too little icetime. So either they get more icetime so Gaunce can play more sheltered or we call up Kenins (or Vey? Does Vey still exist?)

That's what happens when you have people like Sbisa fucking everything up

I didn't see last night's game, but in previous OT games there have been odd-man rushes and bad giveaways. The Sedins are great possession players, and they make good use of the extra space, but they also rely a lot on someone sneaking in from the point or cutting towards the next surreptitiously. Their foot speed also isn't that great, so the other team employs man-to-man coverage, forces a turnover, and then it's off to the races.

Maybe they should start using 2 D to get it to a shootout.

Too bad about Grantland, enjoy their regular hockey columns.

I feel bad for Grantland but they were too good for ESPN anyway. ESPN fucking sucks, the only reason to watch it is for live games. Other than that it is the Fox News of the sports world. Luckily NHLtv, MLBtv etc have made huge strides and have some quality shows.

Curufinwe

Outside of Simmons, I mainly liked Grantland for their Game of Thrones coverage even though Greenwald was a pretentious git who preferred ranting in ignorance to thoughtful analysis. The thing that still sticks out was him immediately assuming that
Tyrion killing Shae
at the end of season 4 was an invention of the evil, women-hating show runners.

Outside of Simmons, I mainly liked Grantland for their Game of Thrones coverage even though Greenwald was a pretentious git who preferred ranting in ignorance to thoughtful analysis. The thing that still sticks out was him immediately assuming that
Tyrion killing Shae

I mean
he kills her in the books as well lol

Tyrion killing Shae

I just hope McIndoe keeps writing DownGoesBrown. It was so great to get more regular content from him...

I'll miss Grab Bag and everything else he did...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
??? Not sure what he's getting at. Debut for tonight? Players in the line up??? Players this season???

We have Kadri, Rielly, Boyes and Reimer we drafted and are playing for us...

He's saying 11 players counting Clune (none of them drafted by the Leafs) have made their Leafs debut at some point this season. As opposed to, say, the Rangers, who have had 4 players make their Rangers debuts this season (Stalberg, Stoll, Raanta, Etem).

Meanwhile, here's Babcock answering a question about goaltending...
Are you jealous of a team like the Rangers who have a Lundqvist?

Bernier can do the same thing for us. There's no question about it in my opinion. He's just got to find his game.

If the Playoffs were today.

dCsL744.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He's saying 11 players counting Clune (none of them drafted by the Leafs) have made their Leafs debut at some point this season. As opposed to, say, the Rangers, who have had 4 players make their Rangers debuts this season (Stalberg, Stoll, Raanta, Etem).

Meanwhile, here's Babcock answering a question about goaltending...
Ah ok. I do wonder if he included Boyes there...and thankfully, this trend is going to change with the players in our system now.

But Bernier had a Stanley Cup ring :O
as a back up

If the Playoffs were today.

dCsL744.jpg
Wow...! Fucking New Jersey...they really must've made a deal with the devil.

Alucard

Banned
Seen a lot of people shitting on Therrien today, and for once I don't agree with it. Subbing Flynn in for Semin was stupid, but that's not why we lost. The team simply stopped playing, and I'm pretty sure he didn't tell them to chill out after the first. Flynn in again for Semin tonight is frustrating, but Eller and AGally need to be better regardless.

Been a while since we've had some Pens salt in here.

P.S. Torrey Mitchell has as many goals as Crosby and Kessel combined.

I'm cool with it. Hoping the goals will come eventually.

If the Flyers could win tonight that would be cool. I am not going on that date, so Flyers please win tonight for you and beer are my date tonight.

I will be disappointed I know it

wow some really interesting lines for us

Matt Read #24 Claude Giroux #28 Wayne Simmonds #17
Brayden Schenn #10 Scott Laughton #21 Jake Voráček #93
R.J Umberger #20 Michael Raffl #12 Sam Gagner #89
Chris VandeVelde #76 Ryan White #25 Vincent Lecavalier #40

Mark Streit #32 Michael Del Zotto #15
Nick Schultz #55 Luke Schenn #22
Evgeny Medvedev #82 Radko Gudas #3

Michael Neuvirth #30

Delryk

Haven't been following the Leafs too, too closely. Klume is new to me.

Can't find much information or the proper spelling of his name.

Rich Clune? Not much about him. Back from rehab and back in hockey to play with skill, not to be a goon.

Basically another good tank player for Leafs.

Top Bottom