• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think the problem here is that the Habs started Price. He's now lost 6 straight games against the Oilers.
The problem is the rest of the team stopped playing after the first period and had 9 shots for the rest of the game. Doesn't matter who you're playing, you can't win like that.

The problem is the rest of the team stopped playing after the first period and had 9 shots for the rest of the game. Doesn't matter who you're playing, you can't win like that.

And that is true. I'm simply pointing out that Price hasn't won against Edmonton in 3 years give or take.

kingslunk

Btw this dumpy Canucks family that sat next to us wouldn't move their legs to let us pass after the captain scored the OT winner. Noncourteous fucks.

Chris R

Btw this dumpy Canucks family that sat next to us wouldn't move their legs to let us pass after the captain scored the OT winner. Noncourteous fucks.

what jerks, should have just crawled over them :p

I didn't want the stars to win but was up and down to let people by to their seats whenever they needed, and then I helped direct some lost Vancouverites to where the correct train (how the fuck they didn't realize anything was wrong when they got on the LIGHT train instead of the REAL train blows my fucking mind)

Hope I get to see the shorks win on Saturday :p

edit: better not have 2nd period Nickleback going on again, that was so painful.

Am I the only one who thinks this whole season is bizarre so far?

Yeah it's very strange. I WOULD never expect the ducks being this awful. The only Canadian team that has got their shit together is The Jets. Habs might have won 9 in a row but I think it will be the same song and dance as last year. Go to the Playoffs and let Carey Price down again because we have too many fucking 4th liners on this team and we desperately NEED a Winger than can fucking score. If we have to trade a huge prospect for it then fine. Marc Bergevin needs to stop filling in roles that we don't need and start looking for ones we do need.

Fuck.

I need to go to bed, that Oilers game pissed me off

ZeroGravity

It's become pretty clear the Lightning's problems last year were almost entirely masked by how good the triplet line was. Now their chemistry is gone and the team can't score.

Yeah I don't even mean us, obviously everything mentioned, I expected us to be at a .500 win percentage, and that's no where close, I thought that was a reasonable expectation too. I mean kessel and the Penguins, Crosby especially are awful, ducks is probably the most surprising. I wouldn't expect CBJ to be where they are, although it's not that surprising. I feel like so many teams are not takig it as seriously as they should because we haven't even played 10 games yet, I don't know what's going on but I hope everyone gets it together and we see some competitive hockey. Perhaps the playoff rush and the playoffs spoiled me?

Avs haven't surprised me at all. Aside from that there's been plenty of weird shit so far. I'm wondering if it'll even out mid-season or if this whole thing is gonna be weird.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
All hockey games have ended, right?

12093514_499868606847547_1089531633_n.jpg

11849845_1479366485698478_521043841_n.jpg

11324380_629737943835585_1551735294_n.jpg

11352877_1614950208779251_680142551_n.jpg

Apparently not doing olympic gymnastics makes one... uh... ... I forgot what I was going to say

Pikma

Banned
I didn't expect to see the Stars on the top of the west at all, at all, not even for five seconds. Also, it's pretty fucking crazy that we're finally winning close games, it's almost hard to believe.

I mean, it feels really fucking good but I still don't buy it, especially because our offense cannot keep saving us forever, so I'm just gonna keep expecting a crash sooner or later.

Alucard

Banned
Just caught the Habs result. Mmm, reality is coming on back. They needed a reality check. Carey Price is human, folks. All this ball sucking in Montreal media was getting grating around these parts.

"The best in the world, Carey Price!"
"The Lebron James of hockey, Carey Price!"

P.S. Marc-Andre Fleury now has a better GAA and SV% than Carey Jesus Price.

I didn't expect to see the Stars on the top of the west at all, at all, not even for five seconds. Also, it's pretty fucking crazy that we're finally winning close games, it's almost hard to believe.

I mean, it feels really fucking good but I still don't buy it, especially because our offense cannot keep saving us forever, so I'm just gonna keep expecting a crash sooner or later.

I think Anaheim was the team with the most games won by one goal or coming from behind or something last year. Can unravel pretty quickly.

kingslunk

I think with the current goalie rotation we will def make it to the playoffs. Now I don't know how this team will react in a best of 7 dunno if our defense is capable of bending and not breaking.

The problems I do see however don't look to be permanent though. Bad puck handling in our zone. Not clearing the puck properly. Bad turn overs. I think we have something exciting happening here.

Foggy

Just caught the Habs result. Mmm, reality is coming on back. They needed a reality check. Carey Price is human, folks. All this ball sucking in Montreal media was getting grating around these parts.

On the downside, it's still MAF. All stats are rendered moot by the MAF effect.

imBask

Banned

Price always looks like shit in the west, so does the whole team

it's nothing to be worried about

yyzjohn

Banned

I was actually surprised by this stat. It's still heavy early though.

Alucard

Banned
On the downside, it's still MAF. All stats are rendered moot by the MAF effect.

Eh, he was good last season and decent the season before, and he's been good this season. He hasn't been the reason the Pens have been eliminated from the playoffs the past 2 seasons. Basically, since the Pens got a new goaltending coach two seasons ago, he's been much better. I hope he keeps it up and shuts up the critics.

Price always looks like shit in the west, so does the whole team

it's nothing to be worried about

Didn't know that, but if so, doesn't bode well for a Cup Final scenario.

I was actually surprised by this stat. It's still heavy early though.

Suuuper early. Pointing that out to Habs fans and media. 9 games don't make a season.

imBask

Banned
Eh, he was good last season and decent the season before, and he's been good this season. He hasn't been the reason the Pens have been eliminated from the playoffs the past 2 seasons. Basically, since the Pens got a new goaltending coach two seasons ago, he's been much better. I hope he keeps it up and shuts up the critics.

Didn't know that, but if so, doesn't bode well for a Cup Final scenario.

Suuuper early. Pointing that out to Habs fans and media. 9 games don't make a season.

it's not against western team necessarly, it's IN the west, this trip is always a disaster for some reason

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We haven't played all week and are still in first place in the division? Good shit.

Time for our regularly scheduled embarrassing loss to the Leafs tonight.

Top Bottom