• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

YAY HOCKEY!

*looks at the Flyers Defense*

QWzVddu.gif

...Just the defense?

500px-Not_sure_what_to_say.gif

The lone wolves in that allegiance list are holding it down, although I could've sworn there was another TB regular. Although, Edmonton's group is going to expand real fast and get unbearable real fast.

Did you see the thread when the draft lottery happened? It's going to be like that.

I'm not opposed to looking nice/wearing a collared shirt, but having my appearance range from "normal" (tshirt and jeans) to looking like a shady/homeless person has been working for me OK so far

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Long Way to the Top has some really tough jumps near the end, took me quite a while to beat it.

If you keep your Leaf powerup into the "underground" part, you can skip the entire thing by flying to the exit pipe.

I do have a tendency to continue escalating the difficulty throughout my levels though. I've been trying to hold back on my newer levels, my Tank level was a breeze to get through, disappointingly so, but there's only so much you can do with that theme.

TUSR

Banned
Ya, You stopped by on the final day to the section a bunch of us were sitting in. I think I was between Hylian and Dreams at the time.
yes, now I remember

I barely had time to stop by, not enough seats were saved and I was with two friends the whole event.

imBask

Banned
Why what's the difference?

This is the first time I am hearing about this lol.

depending on the collar there's a huge difference in comfort, it gets annoying and it's just not as comfy as a good old jeans/t-shirt combo

something like this is fine most of the time, but something like this is straight up unbearable...

that and Plekanec's branded turtleneck™, I can't stand it

Pikma

Banned
If you keep your Leaf powerup into the "underground" part, you can skip the entire thing by flying to the exit pipe.

I do have a tendency to continue escalating the difficulty throughout my levels though. I've been trying to hold back on my newer levels, my Tank level was a breeze to get through, disappointingly so, but there's only so much you can do with that theme.

Yeah but keeping it was the real fucking problem :lol
it took me at least 20 tries before realizing the leaf was there to begin with!

I actually liked Tank Tank Tank :p

depending on the collar there's a huge difference in comfort, it gets annoying and it's just not as comfy as a good old jeans/t-shirt combo

something like this is fine most of the time, but something like this is straight up unbearable...

that and Plekanec's branded turtleneck™, I can't stand it

so, wearing a tie?

eyeless

I wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs either. It's damn hard to make the playoffs in the west, and they're still a very young team with a bunch of rookies on the roster this year.

Of course there is no comparison between the Oilers and Leafs beyond the last 10 years. Oilers made the Stanley Cup finals in 2006. And of course there was that 5 cup dynasty before that.
You probably have to talk to your grampa about the last time the Leafs were in the Stanley Cup finals. Maybe even your great-grampa.
Multiple decades of futility. Now that's living in infamy.
congratulations on all your recent success

here's to the oilers, a respectable and enviable franchise

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but keeping it was the real fucking problem :lol
it took me at least 20 tries before realizing the leaf was there to begin with!

I actually liked Tank Tank Tank :p

I just spammed the spin attack in the elevator section.

Thanks. Are you still uploading stuff? I think I checked the other day and you didn't have any new stuff up, neither did anyone else who posts in here.

Pikma

Banned
I just spammed the spin attack in the elevator section.

Thanks. Are you still uploading stuff? I think I checked the other day and you didn't have any new stuff up, neither did anyone else who posts in here.
Haven't found the patience to finish two levels I've been working on for some time and only uploaded two lazy/dumb ones I knew wouldn't take too much time but I think you played them already.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not satisfied with any of the newer Mario Maker courses that I've tried to create. Feels bad, man.

[Edit] I did upload something new today. 76D8-0000-0081-A822

I think that it's kinda boring, but hey.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Canucks' lines for tonight's game against the Oilers:

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
Burrows - Vey - Hansen
Kenins - McCann - Cracknell
Prust - Sutter - Dorsett

Hamhuis - Bartkowski
Biega - Weber
Hutton - Sbisa

Markstrom/Bachmann

That top line looks fun, and I'm glad to see Markstrom get the start. Why do I feel like those D pairings are the beginning of the end of my dreams that Hutton makes the opening night roster?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Giroux, Voracek, Raffl, Simmonds, Couturier, BSchenn, Read, Mason and Neuvirth are a pretty good top 6 and goalie tandem. Umberger's healthy again, Laughton should be getting the 3C spot, and Vinny will hopefully be scratched.

Hopefully Vinny well be sent out to pasture.

I'll pack his fucking bags if it meant getting him out of here.

Yawnier

Banned
I wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs either. It's damn hard to make the playoffs in the west, and they're still a very young team with a bunch of rookies on the roster this year.

Of course there is no comparison between the Oilers and Leafs beyond the last 10 years. Oilers made the Stanley Cup finals in 2006. And of course there was that 5 cup dynasty before that.
You probably have to talk to your grampa about the last time the Leafs were in the Stanley Cup finals. Maybe even your great-grampa.
Multiple decades of futility. Now that's living in infamy.

lmao

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't found the patience to finish two levels I've been working on for some time and only uploaded two lazy/dumb ones I knew wouldn't take too much time but I think you played them already.

I'm not satisfied with any of the newer Mario Maker courses that I've tried to create. Feels bad, man.

[Edit] I did upload something new today. 76D8-0000-0081-A822

I think that it's kinda boring, but hey.

I could really use some new items/enemies/level themes right about now, I'm running out of ideas.

Cake Boss

Banned
well yes and no, the tie isn't the problem since you can button up a shirt withtout it, and you don't wear a tie with a turtleneck, unless that's what's in and i'm out of touch

Thats not in but most likely you are out of touch.

silly robot, robots cant wear ties.

aidan

Are we sharing Mario Maker levels?

Here's one of mine:

7QVb45M.jpg

B112-0000-007C-FAD6

Socreges

Banned
Gonna play all y'all levels this weekend. Finally got some free time. I'll try and give some feedback here

I tried the Super Meat Boy level last night for a few minutes. Holy fuck

Edit - "Socreges is overrated" - Cake Boss

aidan

Gonna play all y'all levels this weekend. Finally got some free time. I'll try and give some feedback here

I got past the first set of saws, called it a moral victory, and moved onto easier levels. I'm not hardcore enough.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I could really use some new items/enemies/level themes right about now, I'm running out of ideas.

My main limiting factor is lack of verticality. The constraints that they give you are fine for SMB1 and NSMB style levels, but suck for SMW and to a lesser extent SMB3.

And yes, more level themes would be nice. I'd love to make some desert stages.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My main limiting factor is lack of verticality. The constraints that they give you are fine for SMB1 and NSMB style levels, but suck for SMW and to a lesser extent SMB3.

And yes, more level themes would be nice. I'd love to make some desert stages.

Yeah verticality is a big problem. The vertical castle levels are some of my favourites from the NSMB games.

I remember trying the Mario Maker demo and the guy working there asked if I ever did speed runs. Just because I do better than the little kids and teenagers that went before me, it doesn't mean I'm any good.

Canucks' lines for tonight's game against the Oilers:

That top line looks fun, and I'm glad to see Markstrom get the start. Why do I feel like those D pairings are the beginning of the end of my dreams that Hutton makes the opening night roster?

Sbisa, Bartkowski, and Corrado are waiver-eligible, and they won't keep 8 D. Hutton will be the first call-up in case of injury.

If McCann keeps playing like he has I can see him getting his 9 games. Cracknell could slot in as the 12th forward.

aidan

Sbisa, Bartkowski, and Corrado are waiver-eligible, and they won't keep 8 D. Hutton will be the first call-up in case of injury.

Corrado would clear waivers. Bartkowski probably would, too. Sbisa would definitely clear, but it's an absolute pipe dream to even consider Benning coming to his sense and waiving him.

Pikma

Banned

It didn't take me that long to beat it, I think the level looks way harder than it is. The fact the design is pretty tight and straightforward make it a lot more manageable than other levels where shit just gets thrown at you for the sake of being difficult.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
CLEARY!!!!!!! That thread title hurts bad.

Alright boys, time for the Detroit Cleary's to rock this season, team's future is looking good with all of our prospects and I think this team is ready to rock and roll this season, let's make it 25 straight post season appearances!!!
Finally! You have accepted the almighty Cleary into your heart. Dan Bless.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Corrado would clear waivers. Bartkowski probably would, too. Sbisa would definitely clear, but it's an absolute pipe dream to even consider Benning coming to his sense and waiving him.

Not sure Corrado would clesr and I dont wanna risk it...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I've been watching more Mario Maker than playing it. Some of the levels are insane. There's one called P Break that took the uploader 9 hours to do.

And I also keep going back to Splatoon. I love the new bucket but I hate the sub weapons.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I like Juulsen's instincts there even though he bounced right off the guy.

I've been watching more Mario Maker than playing it. Some of the levels are insane. There's one called P Break that took the uploader 9 hours to do.

And I also keep going back to Splatoon. I love the new bucket but I hate the sub weapons.

I hate the bucket. I've only tried using it twice, but was awful each time and could almost never win a one-on-one fight.

The Gatling Gun is a blast in Splat Zones.

Pikma

Banned
God bless our mighty and unbeatable goaltender Kari Lehtonen

We're already losing after 27 seconds.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS TEAM

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

New bucket?

*breathing intensifies*

Top Bottom