• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Acid08

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

cool guy

Cake Boss

Banned
Missed the SNES game, but saw Henry Norriss make CFL history though.

DAT landsdown park tho, its like walking into another city :O

My body is ready for an NHL arena downtown.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Did you guys see that generational poke check by Hamhuis against McDavid's generational dangle ?

watching the replays of the Canucks goals, wow this Oilers defense is terribad

Cool ! Is your hockey stream experiencing weird visual artifact like me ?

calder

Saw him interviewed a few years ago (HNIC post game I think?) and he was super cool. His story about his early career was fantastic, hadn't known he played his whole collegiate eligibility before getting a PTO.

Nice to see the Oilers are still putrid. The system works!

tumblr_inline_mz1zq8NrXb1rs4nv6.gif

.... officially, to the list. You've been one of the Right People for a while.

Haha, glad to (officially) be part of the team.

I wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs either. It's damn hard to make the playoffs in the west, and they're still a very young team with a bunch of rookies on the roster this year.

Of course there is no comparison between the Oilers and Leafs beyond the last 10 years. Oilers made the Stanley Cup finals in 2006. And of course there was that 5 cup dynasty before that.
You probably have to talk to your grampa about the last time the Leafs were in the Stanley Cup finals. Maybe even your great-grampa.
Multiple decades of futility. Now that's living in infamy.

Not going to argue with you here. Leafs have certainly had it harder than us historically. The only thing we'll likely have over them after this year is a decade without a playoff appearance.

Pikma

Banned
NHL general managers, coaches rank Stars' Kari Lehtonen as fourth worst starter in league

ESPN's Craig Custance interviewed 14 NHL general managers, coaches and goalie coaches to get their anonymous opinions on every starting goaltender in the NHL. Custance asked the evaluators to rank goalies on a 1-5 scale, with one being the best.

Lehtonen received an average of 3.07 putting him in the bottom five of all starters. He finished tied for 26th with Toronto's Johnathan Bernier. The only goalies he beat were Vancouver's Ryan Miller, Buffalo's Robin Lehner and Carolina's Cam Ward.

I know Lehtonen is a piece of shit, and I actually think Bernier, Miller and Lehner are better goalies than him, but putting him below Mike Smith is just fucking hilarious :lol

Stasis

Awwww yis, mothafuckin NHL is back.

Can't wait to see what we do about Glass/Diaz/McIlrath. I wanna believe you Meta, but I'm terrified. We're getting Glass and Diaz. Hold me.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Only 1 game, but Juulsen looked pretty good tonight all things considering. Beaulieu needs to be bumped up to the top pairing already, and the confidence in AGally's game right now is night and day.

That is all.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Awwww yis, mothafuckin NHL is back.

Can't wait to see what we do about Glass/Diaz/McIlrath. I wanna believe you Meta, but I'm terrified. We're getting Glass and Diaz. Hold me.

I'm curious about the fact that no moves were made yesterday. AV did say after Wednesday's game that he basically knew who he wanted to keep and that they might not wait until Friday's practice to make those moves. The fact that they didn't do anything seems like it would suggest that Gorton has been poking around to see what kinds of trades could be made.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Can't believe we got Khubodin for Wiz.

We've got a pretty great situation with the Gulls so close down in San Diego, where we can have that veteran mentoring presence in Anaheim and yet still give Gibson constant playing time, with the ability to call him up with an hour and a half of notice.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 6m6 minutes ago

Breaking: Hearing Rangers have waived Diaz, Megna. So it appears McIlrath has made the cut
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 48s49 seconds ago

Rangers also appear to be exploring trades...
Never let it be said that I don't know my Rangers.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe you guys might wanna take a crack at Tinordi? Because I don't think he's going to fit with Montreal's style of play.

Unless they're making a bigger move than I think they're trying to, I'm guessing they're just going to be looking for picks or something along those lines. They're most likely looking to shed salary.

EDIT: Ha, and I just now saw Zipay use literally those exact same words.
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 2m 2 minutes ago
Would probably be to shed salary, open a little cap space...

Tabris

You know what? We should be rolling like this after what I saw yesterday:

Sedan Sedin Vrbata
Baertschi Horvat Virtanen
Burrows McCann Higgins / Hansen
Prust Sutter Dorsett / Hansen

Let those rookies play.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
No Stoll huh.

Nah, he was mistaken. The practice is also being televised currently (not that I can watch it here).

Lines:
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Stalberg-Lindberg-Miller
Moore-Stoll-Fast
Etem

Pairings:
McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
McIlrath

Tanner Glass had been on the ice earlier but was hit by a shot and limped off. Also known as "you can't trade me, I'm injured!"

Socreges

Banned
You know what? We should be rolling like this after what I saw yesterday:

Sedan Sedin Vrbata
Baertschi Horvat Virtanen
Burrows McCann Higgins / Hansen
Prust Sutter Dorsett / Hansen

Let those rookies play.
Let it be known that the guy saying the Canucks will make the playoffs is also the guy saying we should make decisions based on one pre-season game against the Oilers.

I agree with your conclusion. I want the rookies to play (9-game tryouts against actual NHL competition and then we'll go from there) but I also don't expect the team to make the playoffs.

Quick

Banned
@sportslogosnet said:
#NYIslanders silence their oft-criticized new goal horn after just one pre-season goal, will be back to using their 2015 horn for next game

Isles are reverting back to their old goal horn. I heard the new one, but it didn't seem all that bothersome to me. But shit, I don't have to sit in that building or watch every game.

Lol.

He has done some individual team ones too. He put me in the Montreal book (see my avatar).

Nice. Seriously, that's pretty cool and a good way to introduce kids to the NHL. This is why mascots exist.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dano sent down by the Hawks which is surprising, and Bickell is on waivers. Happy birthday Marvie!

Are you saying you'd rather have Prust?

Kassian as a 4th line rowdy seems alright to me. I'm willing to give him a chance beyond preseason.
If he can keep his dumbass penalties to a minimum, he should do well on the 4th line, I've been surprised at some of the plays he's dished out so far. We'll have to see where he's at after 5 games into the regular season, my expectations are at a minimum.

Top Bottom