• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Pretty much nothing but positives to take away tonight. Team had more aggression than I saw in 99% of the games last year. DeBoner's system looks much less passive than TMac's was. Only one game, but it was a good one. Let's see what else this team can do.

Also Jones is just so much nicer to watch than Niemi was. Niemi was constantly swimming in his crease, never looked in control. Jones looks really steady, nice change there.

Jones is really good. Kings should have gotten more out of a trade.

Quick

Banned
For those that missed Brown being Brown:

HopefulSpicyAdmiralbutterfly.gif

Launched on him like a god damn missile of garbage.

Acid08

Banned
We need a gif of the Lucic hit for Red to check out. He's gonna love it.

There's another angle of DBrown's hit that shows very clearly it was head to head contact. Ya can't do that!

CQxd8eVVEAAEGXI.jpg

Tabris

I'm psyched to see EDM's first game. I want to see David Backes welcome McDavid to the NHL.

I'm personally going to be cheering against McDavid all season. I don't like EDM.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
ah, the classic "yes let's all hope some promising rookie's career is ended in his first career game" fandom. rarely seen, but when it is, it's by a flaming jackass

Tabris

ah, the classic "yes let's all hope some promising rookie's career is ended in his first career game" fandom. rarely seen, but when it is, it's by a flaming jackass

Who said his career being ended? I just want him to not meet the expectations. I don't know why you would, EDM is our competition. A better EDM team interferes with our chances at making the playoffs in the future. That's why I sometimes question your fandom. I know I can go into NFL GAF and never see a Steelers fan cheer for a Ravens player, yet you would cheer on players on our divisional opponents.

EDIT - Actually that's a trend I notice with a lot of NHL fans that I don't see with NFL teams. They support other teams and players that are divisional opponents. They constantly knock their own team down to come off humble or to armchair GM wanting to tank - it's weak fandom.

Also I'm not that anymore, you missed the update.

Sanjuro

You can tell Lucic is getting incredibly frustrated with the extent to which the Pacific Division is tearing his asshole open.

I'm not sure about that yet. He either is going to fade away, or find some kind of balance for a brief stretch of the campaign. He is too uncoordinated.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
My body failed me and I ended up dozing off through most of the 3rd in the Rangers-Hawks game.

Today is Canes vs Preds in a game where I'll probably be the only one watching. Gotta find a way to sneak in a nap or two before the game.

Entropia

No One Remembers
No snark intended, but what's to be optimistic about?

I was about to ask the same, it's nice to see a Hurricanes fan but oh boy this team...

1. Justin Faulk should continue to flourish
2. Cam Ward was playing more like he should have been last season, but if not . . .
3. Picked up Eddie Lack
4. Picked up James Wisniewski
5. Picked up Kris Versteeg
6. Noah Hanifin is seemingly NHL ready and should make an impact right away
7. We're starting the season with a non-injured Jordan Staal
8. Eric Staal and Ward are on contract years. Time to earn their keep, maybe?

My expectation is for them to be a bubble team and possibly sneak into a wild card spot.

canes really need eric staal to get his shit together and then they wont have too bad of a season, though I wouldnt bet on them for the playoffs at all

Foggy

1. Justin Faulk should continue to flourish
2. Cam Ward was playing more like he should have been last season, but if not . . .
3. Picked up Eddie Lack
4. Picked up James Wisniewski
5. Picked up Kris Versteeg
6. Noah Hanifin is seemingly NHL ready and should make an impact right away
7. We're starting the season with a non-injured Jordan Staal
Awesome, well wishes and all that. Wiz will make you happy with his PP production and drive you nuts with some goofy mental lapses. Also, hopefully he chills out with his partying. Numerous rumors about his healthy scratches being related to that.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Awesome, well wishes and all that. Wiz will make you happy with his PP production and drive you nuts with some goofy mental lapses. Also, hopefully he chills out with his partying. Numerous rumors about his healthy scratches being related to that.

Look at this weak fandom on display. I bet you're only wishing another team well in order to come off humble or to armchair GM wanting to tank.

20 year anniversary for the death of rat. Mellanby killed a rat in the Panther's locker room by one-timing it into a wall this day in '95. He went on scored two with the stick including the game winner, Beezer when asked about it called it the "Rat Trick." Happy dead rat day everyone!

Lucic was a perfect fit to be a LA King.

Yeah, Montreal wasn't the greatest last night, maybe it was nerves, maybe it was Therrien's system. I have High Hopes for Galchenyuk though, he might even score more goals than Kessel

imBask

Banned
Lucic was a perfect fit to be a LA King.

Yeah, Montreal wasn't the greatest last night, maybe it was nerves, maybe it was Therrien's system. I have High Hopes for Galchenyuk though, he might even score more goals than Kessel

the best thing was seeing people realize that Galchenyuk's line was actually the 3rd one when everyone expected him to be the #1 center

Summer made people forget about Therrien's love affair with Desharnais somehow

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lmfao at those Bruins D pairings. I saw some bullshit analytic chart that predicted the Bruins finishing 3rd in the eastern conference too.

Best I can do right now, a video of the entire incident: https://streamable.com/mjan

Including couture just laughing at Lucic and Lucic acting like a little brat and going for the headshot :lol
Already put in an order for a Couture jersey.

Lucic is such a fucking meathead, he'll fit right in with Brown and the other Kings.

imBask

Banned
where would you put 22yo Dougie Hamilton in that spectacular defense though, they clearly did the right thing! 5M was way too much for a guy like him anyway

Top Bottom