• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Parch

ah, the classic "yes let's all hope some promising rookie's career is ended in his first career game" fandom. rarely seen, but when it is, it's by a flaming jackass
I knew a guy who hated Wayne Gretzky and refused to watch him play. He spent his entire life purposely avoiding watching one of the greatest players that ever played the game.
Not much of a hockey fan IMO.

Sanjuro

I knew a guy who hated Wayne Gretzky and refused to watch him play. He spent his entire life purposely avoiding watching one of the greatest players that ever played the game.
Not much of a hockey fan IMO.

I used to know someone like that who hated Ray Bourque, because Ray was fully aware that he was clowning Esposito by using his number. When he switched to 77, it was him trying to be a diva using a fantastical hockey number.

eventhough it wasn't a bone-crushing hit I don't see how this is not a suspension, there was no reason to do this other than injuring Subban

he wasn't in an unstoppable motion, it was late, it was near the board, he knew what he was doing

On the other hand, Subban is a repeat diving offender. I'm not saying I think he went down easy, but I think it's something the league takes into consideration.

imBask

Banned
On the other hand, Subban is a repeat diving offender. I'm not saying I think he went down easy, but I think it's something the league takes into consideration.

cmon that's terrible though, the league can't send the message that "divers deserve to get boarded and injured" if diving had nothing to do with the hit

even if Torres was the one getting hit from behind there it's still unacceptable

Stasis

Lmaoo this division has the shittiest defenses.

Srsly.

When I saw Hunwick on the Leafs top pairing I was amused and I actually like the guy, he played well for us when called upon. Now seeing Buffalo's entire D I just really can't say much about the Leafs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey 16m 16 minutes ago

NBC says they had a 0.77 overnight rating for #Rangers-Blackhawks last night, the second-highest rated regular-season game ever on NBCSN.
NBC execs are probably still grumbling about the third period of the ECF Game 7 looking at these numbers.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
cmon that's terrible though, the league can't send the message that "divers deserve to get boarded and injured" if diving had nothing to do with the hit

even if Torres was the one getting hit from behind there it's still unacceptable
League also shouldn't let forwards elbow your starting goalie.

Holiday

Banned
Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Lehtera-Schwartz
Jaskin-Backes-Brouwer
Ott-Brodziak-Reaves

I love seeing Diamond Robb on the second line. Edmundson and Parayko paired together too, such exciting times.

It's just one game, but Calgary could have a tough year. They're still young and overachieved last year; now they have a lot more expectations on their shoulders.

Chris R

I'll be so happy if the Avs score a goal and don't embarrass themselves on national TV tonight.

Making the playoffs would also be nice :(

Hey I agree, but if they think he goes down too easy they're less like to act on it. There's a lot of bias in officiating, unfortunately.

It was late and it was in front of the boards, I think he should get a game or two for what it's worth.

God damn I am so fucking ready for tonight. You fucking jabronis

f487ccd9e4c52799bfd20ee20b43a510.jpg

Parch

It's just one game, but Calgary could have a tough year. They're still young and overachieved last year; now they have a lot more expectations on their shoulders.
I don't know about that. Calgary is a bit of an oddball system. It's not just a talent matchup. They get a lot of points from their defense and their forwards really focus on creating turnovers with physically intensity. That system is a tough nut to crack and if coaches don't have a good game plan against Calgary, they'll lose. I wouldn't underestimate the Flames because they can be a real pain in the ass to play. I think they're a lock for the playoffs.

Syrinx

Projected Canes loneup for tonight:

Versteeg-E. Staal-Lindholm
Gerbe-J. Staal-Nash
Skinner-Rask-Terry
Nordstrom-McClement-Nestrasil

(yes Marvie, that is top-liner Kris Versteeg, laugh it up)

Hainsey-Faulk
Liles-Wisniewski
Hanifin-Murphy

Entropia

No One Remembers
Edit: Beaten by Syrinx
--------
Canes lineup for tonight

Versteeg-E. Staal-Lindholm
Gerbe-J. Staal-Nash
Skinner-Rask-Terry
Nordstrom-McClement-Nestrasil