• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Syrinx

Versteeg is not a first liner...

it's nowhere near as bad as the Leafs lineup from last night, but eeeeeeeeh

We're definitely thin at forward, no question about that.

It's probably Peters' way of trying to get scoring throughout the lineup since we're this thin (see Skinner on the third line). Not sure how I feel about that though since IIRC we were at our most productive offensively last year when the Staals were on the same line.

Foggy

Boone Jenner? That's interesting

Yeah apparently he's a big locker room presence, despite being so young. Management thinks he'll be the next captain many years down the line. It's also telling about Tyutin and Johnson's future that they weren't given the "A" again. They seem deadset on only giving letters to long-term players.

I don't know about that. Calgary is a bit of an oddball system. It's not just a talent matchup. They get a lot of points from their defense and their forwards really focus on creating turnovers with physically intensity. That system is a tough nut to crack and if coaches don't have a good game plan against Calgary, they'll lose. I wouldn't underestimate the Flames because they can be a real pain in the ass to play. I think they're a lock for the playoffs.

Calgary is a good team, no arguing that. But the division will be tough even with the Canucks taking a step back. Edmonton, SJ, and LA will all be better. And then you've got the Central bloodbath where a crossover is entirely possible.

They didn't defy all the analytics the way Colorado did in their playoff year, so I think regression will occur, just not to the same degree as the Avs.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing too surprising from Nashville.

Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal
Wilson-Fisher-Smith
Arvidsson-Hogdson-Jarnkrok
Nystrom-Gaustad-Bourque

Josi-Weber
Jackman-Jones
Ekholm-Ellis

Rinne
Hutton

Watson, Bartley, Bitetto sit out.

Marvie_3

Banned
ECHL going with Geico blue nets this year

CQzwES0WwAASRh5.jpg
I cant wait until every single surface that could have a sponsor logo on it has one. We dont have enough logos on things yet.

Pikma

Banned
Stars line up so far

Benn-Eakin-Seguin
Nichushkin-Spezza-Sharp
Moen-Fiddler-Eaves
Roussel-Janmark-Hemsky
Sceviour

Goligoski-Klingberg
Oduya-Demers
Jokipakka-Benn
Nemeth
Oleksiak

Niemi
That other guy

Two things:
-Eakin making that 1st line jump! Wooo!
-Nichushkin has to step the fuck up

Extra thing:
Excited to see Janmark play, he's the reason Mckenzie was sent down to the AHL.

Quick

Banned
I hate this trend

Soon, the NHL's jerseys will be covered in McDonald's and Sunoco logos. Ugly shit.

The sad reality is that this is the probable trend in North American pro sports leagues.

The best that we can hope for when advertising is put on jerseys is how the AHL is doing it.

I'd say half, if not most, NHL practice jerseys have advertising on them in the same placement as the AHL's.

The sad reality is that this is the probable trend in North American pro sports leagues.

The best that we can hope for when advertising is put on jerseys is how the AHL is doing it.

I'd say half, if not most, NHL practice jerseys have advertising on them in the same placement as the AHL's.

The MLB will never put advertising on their jerseys. The Yankees and Red Sox alone won't allow it. The Yankees already have a bunch of rules about how you are supposed to look in a Yankee uniform.

I hope the NHL just keeps it to practice jerseys

Calamari41

41 > 38

When you buy these jerseys, do they have the ads on them like Eurotrash soccer shit?

Quick

Banned
When you buy these jerseys, do they have the ads on them like Eurotrash soccer shit?

I don't think so. I haven't seen Marlies jerseys being sold with ads on them, at least.

The MLB will never put advertising on their jerseys. The Yankees and Red Sox alone won't allow it. The Yankees already have a bunch of rules about how you are supposed to look in a Yankee uniform.

I hope the NHL just keeps it to practice jerseys

Personally, best case scenario is definitely to keep it to practice jerseys. But the league would earn so much more on actual gameday jerseys.

Quick

Banned
The Devils, for a long time, kept the old NHL practice jerseys. No ads, and they're not using the Reebok Edge template.

I think this was Lou's decision, since the guy is more of a traditionalist in the league. I'm not sure about how it is now that he's gone.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Hank is going to play both sides of the home and home with the BJs. AV really putting His Majesty to work to start the season.

Should be the same lineup tomorrow as last night.

Curufinwe

Projected Flyers

Forwards

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek
B. Schenn - Couturier - Simmonds
Read - Laughton - Umberger
VandeVelde - Bellemare - White

Defenders
Streit - Schultz
Del Zotto - Manning
Medvedev - L. Schenn

Goal
Mason / Neuvirth

One small correction: Schultz-Streit is the first pairing.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I love soccer but I feel so stupid wearing a big BMO logo, I never wear my jersey unless i'm going to the game

There's a guy at work who comes in wearing a jersey for The Fightin' Carlsbergs every now and then. No clue which team it actually belongs to. The whole thing just seems so dumb.

ZeroGravity

Projected Lightning lineup for tonight:

Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Killorn - Filppula - Condra
Namestnikov - Boyle - Brown

Hedman - Stralman
Carle - Garrison
Coburn - Sustr

Parch

I'm kind of excited to see how Kessel and Crosby fit together, but jealous/disappointed too.
Kessel must have been doing backflips when the trade was announced. Not only to get out of that organization but to go play with the best center on the planet. The guy won the lottery and could have a monster season playing with Sid.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kessel must have been doing backflips when the trade was announced. Not only to get out of that organization but to go play with the best center on the planet. The guy won the lottery and could have a monster season playing with Sid.

My fantasy team sure hopes so!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So much hockey tonight, I can't decide which games to watch.

This is pretty rad, I believe this is where Patches trains in the off season. McGuire said it's the best training spot for anyone in the off season.

Pens-Stars for sure. Crosby-Kessel vs Niemi/Lehtonen should be fun. Not for Pikma, but for everyone else.

Maybe warm up with some Jack Eichel?

KingBroly

Banned
There are no games worth watching tonight because no game features the 2015-16 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals.

I'm not kidding, this is our year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pens-Stars for sure. Crosby-Kessel vs Niemi/Lehtonen should be fun. Not for Pikma, but for everyone else.

Maybe warm up with some Jack Eichel?
That's what I'm thinking, the games are all spread out. Start out with Eichel - Philly - Tampa and finish with some hot Phil action

I missed you hockey

Tabris

I don't want McDavid to get injured in his first pro game, I'm a terrible fan aren't I?

I said I want David Backes to welcome him to the NHL. And that I don't want him to be successful and will be cheering against him all season. Not sure how that means injury, especially when I said I would be cheering against him all season which means he would have to be on the ice to cheer against.

Top Bottom