• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Cake Boss

Banned
Disappointing, but it makes sense as he doesn't have to clear waivers. I'm not sure he should be on the third line and the top six are so set right now. He'll have to wait a few hours for Perreault to get injured I guess.

I think the first few games will look kinda like:

Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Laine
Copp-Petan-Dano
Mathias-Lowry-Hendricks (ugh)

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
Poolman

I don't know why in hell this wouldn't be a playoff team at least.

Socreges

Banned
Disappointing, but it makes sense as he doesn't have to clear waivers. I'm not sure he should be on the third line and the top six are so set right now. He'll have to wait a few hours for Perreault to get injured I guess.

I think the first few games will look kinda like:

Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Laine
Copp-Petan-Dano
Mathias-Lowry-Hendricks (ugh)

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
Poolman
Does Little deserve to center those two? Goddamn

Hossa, Panarin, Darling, Hjalmarsson, Campbell, Kruger, TVR, and Oduya all gone in one offseason. Gonna be interesting to see what happens this year.
How long will Panik last on the top line? He burnt out last year, no?

Marvie_3

Banned
How long will Panik last on the top line? He burnt out last year, no?
He didnt burn out, just MASSIVELY overperformed the first couple weeks. He still had a good year after that. Plus he and Toews play really well together so he'll be there for the forseeable future.

calder

I don't know why in hell this wouldn't be a playoff team at least.

It sure should be, but the goaltending is still a bit of a question mark (I think Hellebuyck will be better this year, and I'm confident Mason will be better than Hutch/Pavs, but it's no sure thing) and Maurice still scares me. Almost all NHL coaches have dumb habits like loving no-talent "grinders" too much because they sweat blood in practice, but Maurice takes those typical short comings and goes extra hard. :p Every time I get excited about the season to come he has a press conference and talks about how much hustle Tanev (beyond terrible) has or how great it is having a veteran PK guy like Hendricks (who was too shitty to play on the Oilers 4th line).

Does Little deserve to center those two? Goddamn

It's a good spot for him but Little has been very very good as a #2C the last couple of years when he's not hurt. A lot of fans noticed last year that Laine played *much* better defensively with no real negative impact on his offense when Little was his C (and a switch to the right side). Also, Scheifele actually may be better with Wheeler than he is with Laine. Of course, there were so many moving parts in the second half of the year teasing out causality is almost impossible but at the end of the day you could pick the lines out of a hat for the top 6 guys and there is enough talent to be dangerous.

Foggy

So it looks like Mete is gonna be in the NHL before Juolevi.

.... What if Creeper was right?

giphy.gif

Holiday

Banned
ironclad season predictions:

Pacific: 1. Oilers 2. Ducks 3. Sharks
Central: 1. Perds 2. Wild 3. Hawks
Western Wildcard: 1. Flames 2. Jets

Metropolitan: 1. Caps 2. BJs 3. Rags
Atlantic: 1. Lightning 2. Leaves 3. Habs
Eastern Wildcard: 1. Sabres 2. Hurricanes

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Beaverton's NHL preview

"The Toronto Maple Leafs

The young TML line up has shown promise in the preseason, hot off the heels of defying expectations last spring and giving the Washington Capitals a run for their money in the playoffs. With so much to look forward to this season, Leafs fans are excited to find out just how exactly the Leafs will fuck everything up this time and continue Toronto sports' celebrated history of completely blowing it. From the Leafs to the Raptors to the Jays, the big question on the minds of all Toronto sports fans this year is this: if you had actually died long ago and were in hell, wouldn't the devil give you just enough hope to go on, so he could continually break your spirit for eternity?"

epP1Z.gif

I never thought when we got Fehr dumped on us that he'd actually end up playing. Hope he's at least serviceable. Feel bad for Connor Brown though. He scored 20 last year but with Martin and Fehr there's no way he comes close to that unless he gets a LOT of powerplay time.

I take back anything I've ever said about Matthews being better than Eichel.

In fact he's actually worse, much worse. Not even comparable really.

Pacioretty – Drouin – Gallagher
Hudon – Plekanec – Lehkonen
Galchenyuk – Danault – Shaw
Byron – De La Rose – Hemsky

Mete – Weber
Alzner – Petry
Streit – Benn

Price - Montoya

So there's the opening night roster.....

Is this something to be worried about as a Sabres fan?

PillarEN

Is this something to be worried about as a Sabres fan?

I think you need to be worried about Tampa being a playoff team again which could hurt the Sabres chances. I see the Bruins and Sabres on the same general level this year. Bubble teams probably not making it.

Who's in net for the Sabres anyway? Are they solid there at all?

"The Toronto Maple Leafs

The young TML line up has shown promise in the preseason, hot off the heels of defying expectations last spring and giving the Washington Capitals a run for their money in the playoffs. With so much to look forward to this season, Leafs fans are excited to find out just how exactly the Leafs will fuck everything up this time and continue Toronto sports’ celebrated history of completely blowing it. From the Leafs to the Raptors to the Jays, the big question on the minds of all Toronto sports fans this year is this: if you had actually died long ago and were in hell, wouldn’t the devil give you just enough hope to go on, so he could continually break your spirit for eternity?"

epP1Z.gif

At least we have the best soccer team in North America

Eichel scored almost at a PPG on a team worse than the Oilers. His $10M puts him in between Draisaitl and McDavid.

I think it's a fair deal though they might have signed him too soon.

Ondor

Banned

"The Toronto Maple Leafs

The young TML line up has shown promise in the preseason, hot off the heels of defying expectations last spring and giving the Washington Capitals a run for their money in the playoffs. With so much to look forward to this season, Leafs fans are excited to find out just how exactly the Leafs will fuck everything up this time and continue Toronto sports’ celebrated history of completely blowing it. From the Leafs to the Raptors to the Jays, the big question on the minds of all Toronto sports fans this year is this: if you had actually died long ago and were in hell, wouldn’t the devil give you just enough hope to go on, so he could continually break your spirit for eternity?"

epP1Z.gif
Why are there no Sens in this article?

At least we have the best soccer team in North America
I didn't know you were a Vancouver fan.

Top Bottom