• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Marvie_3

Banned
T5tH1zH.png
Oh. My money was on the blonde in the front. :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Super excited about the Mantha-Larkin-Frk line. Not cool with Kronwall being out. I haven't payed attention to the preseason (or I probably forgot), but was Kronwall expected to miss the opener or is this a very recent happening?

What? Kronwall is a mess. He can barely move because his knees are so bad.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Which one of those nerds are you?
Some of us have work to do!

Regardless, I love me a good Rangers fun fact, and this one is most choice:
Dan Rosen‏ Verified account @drosennhl

Per @EliasSports Filip Chytil will be the 4th youngest player to play in a game for NYR. The three who are younger all played in the 1940s.

Erdrick

So last night was an extended preseason game, right? RIGHT?!

I'm still shaking my head in disgust at that result last night. Worst home opener I've ever seen in my life.

https://www.nhl.com/news/colorados-matt-duchene-moving-on-from-trade-rumors/c-291608268

"I feel good where I'm at," Duchene said. "I put in a lot of hard work in the summer. Now it's time to go out and just do what I can do, and let what's on the ice do the talking."

Avalanche coach Jared Bednar thinks the cloud of uncertainty surrounding Duchene and his future in Colorado began to lift as the preseason wore on. He said it's not an internal issue with the team.

"I think that it's already started to move past us," Bednar said. "We were dealing with it last year, him especially and the other guys in the room. They're the ones that have to answer the questions every day on it.

"But just coming back this year, Matt's attitude and the way he's handled himself, he said he wants to move on and get this thing going. I feel his teammates have the same type of attitude. Now that we're three weeks into this and getting ready to start the regular season, I'm sure we won't be answering it for long. Our goal is to get out to the start that we want and be competitive every night, and he's a big part of that.

"I'm coaching him. He's here. That's how I'm moving forward."

Erdrick

It's quite obvious that Laine has regressed since last season. Sad!

The only thing about Laine that has regressed from last year is his hairline, and as far as im concerned that'll just make him more aerodynamic and faster being bald.

a916

I am ready for some Hockey.

I didn't pay attention to pre-season at all.

How we looking, Avs-GAF?

There's more hope... I mean last season was such an abomination that even returning to league average goaltending will get us a big points bump from last year.

The team was watchable during the pre-season which is more than you can say for last year. Barring Johnson/Varlamov injuries, this team shouldn't post modern day worsts. They kept pulling Varlamov last year because of injuries but not before messing him up enough to need surgery.

Rantanen and MacKinnon showed chemistry as did Duchene and Yakupov. Curious to see how the defense pans out because at the very least... we aren't old and slow. A lot of injection of youth and Colin Wilson was a nice pickup that should work out.

Wilson may work out but he was Less Than Stellar during camp.

Personally I'm most interested in seeing Kerfoot/Duchene/Yak, the MacK line and Jost. Zadorov seems to not be game ready just yet hence the scratch.

Also Soderberg is a healthy scratch to start the season. That's huge news. Bigly news.

a916

Wilson may work out but he was Less Than Stellar during camp.

Personally I'm most interested in seeing Kerfoot/Duchene/Yak, the MacK line and Jost. Zadorov seems to not be game ready just yet hence the scratch.

Also Soderberg is a healthy scratch to start the season. That's huge news. Bigly news.

Zadorov looked really good after Johnson went down... but before he went down. And he looked really slow and flat footed during the last game. Just incredibly slow, mentally and physically.

calder

The only thing about Laine that has regressed from last year is his hairline, and as far as im concerned that'll just make him more aerodynamic and faster being bald.

My only concern is his giant, lush, thick af beard may be weighing him down. You just look at that thing and think "wow that's not a patchy teenage pube-beard at all!" but perhaps it's TOO good.

Top Bottom