• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Going to be glorious seeing the Wild shit on the Red Wings in the new arena's inaugural game. Glorious.

ih3JyCE.gif

Which runs deeper? The old nearly dead rivalry with the Red Wings? Or the new barely developed rivalry with the Wild? Who do you cheer for harder? Who do you want to win less?

What do the numbers mean, Mason?

Do fans around the NHL like watching their team on nbcsn?

I don't. Wild announcers suck but I dislike Emerick more and don't like listening to him at all. Add that national announcers typically are wrong about stuff regarding the Wild more...maybe I'm nitpicking but I just straight up enjoy it less when they are on national coverage.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Shattenkirk is bringing about 110-120 people to the game tonight, plus a bunch of other people he doesn't know about. Place is gonna be loud for #22's entrance. Maybe almost as loud as #36's.

Rangers still showed the same lineup they've been showing for the last week during morning skate today, by the way.

Ondor

Banned
Kevin Shattenkirk is bringing about 110-120 people to the game tonight, plus a bunch of other people he doesn't know about. Place is gonna be loud for #22's entrance. Maybe almost as loud as #36's.

Rangers still showed the same lineup they've been showing for the last week during morning skate today, by the way.
I know the Rangers lineup better than I know the Canucks'😂

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
marincin is on waivers

as well as pickard
otp.jpg_zpsppv7y7u8.png~original

this is primarily on the oilers, too... THE OILERS

the reason why this is important... is the Leafs have 3 near NHL ready prospects but nothing after that. If marincin maintains this play and Loov/Valiev or Percy turn into good D... this is going to be a very very quick rebuild once talent starts stacking on the forwards... and we've got Brown/Kapanen/Marner/1st all possibly coming in. and we may or may not have the inside track on zaitsev.

it effectively means the Leafs major weakness at this point onwards may actually be goal.

imagine if all the problems with the leafs this year were summed up as inability to score, bernier, hunwick/polak/phaneuf

Just looked at all the habs D stats, marincin is wedged inbetween markov and subban strictly defensively speaking

All the others are just bad...

kevin_wine_by_fire.gif
kevin_wine_by_fire.gif
kevin_wine_by_fire.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Kronwall out, so Wings starting line up is as follows...

Tomas Tatar-Henrik Zetterberg-Gustav Nyquist
Anthony Mantha-Dylan Larkin-Martin Frk
Justin Abdelkader-Frans Nielsen-Darren Helm
David Booth-Riley Sheahan-Luke Glendening

On defense:

Danny DeKeyser-Trevor Daley
Jonathan Ericsson-Mike Green
Xavier Ouellet-Nick Jensen

Luke Witkowski (scratched)

In goal:

Jimmy Howard (starting)
Petr Mrazek

Power-play units:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader (net front), Tatar-Daley
Larkin-Nielsen-Mantha (net front), Frk-Green

PillarEN

Super excited about the Mantha-Larkin-Frk line. Not cool with Kronwall being out. I haven't payed attention to the preseason (or I probably forgot), but was Kronwall expected to miss the opener or is this a very recent happening?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Super excited about the Mantha-Larkin-Frk line. Not cool with Kronwall being out. I haven't payed attention to the preseason (or I probably forgot), but was Kronwall expected to miss the opener or is this a very recent happening?
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall tried hard to be ready for the historic regular season opener at Little Caesars Arena tonight, but ultimately, his groin issues will prevent him from being in the lineup.

Kronwall skated with the team the past two days, but coach Jeff Blashill said he not be in the lineup against the Minnesota Wild
Probably another few games before he gets in.

Ondor

Banned
Most recent standing projections from an analytics guy on the Athletic

Apparently he'll be updating it as the season goes on
Not surprised Ottawa is so low. They were the bane of analytics last season. I still think they're a lock for the playoffs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Didn't the Sabres do that with Vanek and someone else years ago? Seems like such a silly concept.

Top Bottom