• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So just to ask again since it hasn't been answered and I think I wasn't the only one asking - fantasy there's no downside to starting as many players each day as possible unlike roto since there's no GP limit, correct?

So just to ask again since it hasn't been answered and I think I wasn't the only one asking - fantasy there's no downside to starting as many players each day as possible unlike roto since there's no GP limit, correct?

Correct, I think

Been playing yahoo fantasy hockey for like 5 years and never saw a limit. So i dont think there is one.

Socreges

Banned
I would argue that the Captaincy in hockey is itself a silly concept

Agreed, which is why having 2 is even more silly.
6.1 Captain - One Captain shall be appointed by each team, and he alone shall have the privilege of discussing with the Referee any questions relating to interpretation of rules which may arise during the progress of a game. He shall wear the letter “C,” approximately three inches (3'') in height and in contrasting color, in a conspicuous position on the front of his sweater. No co-Captains are permitted.

Silexx

Just so everyone knows, since you seem to care so much, the Sens home opener is heading towards a sellout tonight! Three cheers, everyone!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Correct, I think

Been playing yahoo fantasy hockey for like 5 years and never saw a limit. So i dont think there is one.

Neato. So if I have a week coming up where a position looks like itll have few GP I should pick someone up with a heavy schedule eh.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah that rule applies on a game by game basis, so the team is just swapping the letters on a given day. Like Red said the mere fact that it's so easy to be flippant about "The Captain" shows how pointless it is to begin with.
I mean, it isn't pointless. I've played organized sports where there have been captains and where there have not. It depends on the composition of the team, but often having one unique leader has its advantages in terms of rallying guys or communicating.

You can very easily fuck up the appointment, though. As has been demonstrated again and again.

Its not. The idea of having more than one captain or having a bunch of alternates and no captain is dumb though.

Agreed. Although I do think that for most teams it is a silly concept because not every team has the type of player with the ability to lead to that capacity. In those situations it just becomes a stupid mess of wishful thinking.

"You get an A, and you, and you"

PillarEN

Whose fans are coming to the game?

I was gonna say Caps fan #1 King Broly, but he was removed from the alegiance list?! Or was that someone else who went all Trump?

I noticed that the allegiance list misplaced Excelsiorf. She's a Pens fan, not a Caps fan.

EDIT: And why is Astro staning Vegas in the alligiance list? You're trolling now Zroid.

Marvie_3

Banned
Agreed. Although I do think that for most teams it is a silly concept because not every team has the type of player with the ability to lead to that capacity. In those situations it just becomes a stupid mess of wishful thinking.

"You get an A, and you, and you"
Yeah. If you dont have a guy that can do it, dont pick 14 different rotating A's. Pick your best 2 or 3 candidates for captain and let them earn it.

I was gonna say Caps fan #1 King Broly, but he was removed from the alegiance list?! Or was that someone else who went all Trump?

Broly is indeed the trump loving diaper stain.

zroid

Banned
it's not that I don't think leadership is important, but the way it is realized in hockey is arbitrary and superfluous. the only thing the letter really serves to do is give fans and media a scapegoat when things go wrong or a person to fancifully sing the praises of when things go well.

as far as leadership is concerned I think it would be better if teams didn't have to arbitrarily assign letters to a fixed number of "leaders", where, it must be noted, the most important player on many teams is exempt according to the rules! if there is "a guy" on a given team then he can do all the leading he wants from behind closed doors. isn't that better for everyone?

just from a leaf perspective, it almost seems like Matt Martin has been given the role of captain as far as most of the players are concerned. at least that's what I'm led to believe by Babcock's comments. but optically he would never be given the C. this institution of captaincy is rotten to the core when that's the case.

I had the thought to pick up a second switch dock for my office today thinking they must've come down in price this far out from launch.

Big fucking nope there. Still $90 USD. Fuck off Nintendo.

Neato. So if I have a week coming up where a position looks like itll have few GP I should pick someone up with a heavy schedule eh.

Some teams can play 5 games a week. But also be aware that most teams play on T, Th, and Sa, so there's a chance you have to sit someone even if they're playing that night.

Pikma

Banned
I had the thought to pick up a second switch dock for my office today thinking they must've come down in price this far out from launch.

Big fucking nope there. Still $90 USD. Fuck off Nintendo.
Convince Marvie to stop attending all those shitty sports events and use a small fraction of that money towards buying one

very GREAT game by the Winnipeg Jets forward Patrik "Hatrik" Laine. THE BEST stats at +2 and an assist to a BIG GOAL. with many more fantastic assists and moves, great moves with the puck. and how about that, in terms of height, the defenseman mr Myers? you've never seen a tall defenseman like that, 8 feet tall. with hands and arms that are big, and HUGE.

ALSO congratulations to Weirdo Matthews for finally scoring on a Jets ice hockey goaltender. amazing job, sloppy bouncy lucky puck but amazing job. i hope he cherishes it, his first one.

Ondor

Banned
very GREAT game by the Winnipeg Jets forward Patrik "Hatrik" Laine. THE BEST stats at +2 and an assist to a BIG GOAL. with many more fantastic assists and moves, great moves with the puck. and how about that, in terms of height, the defenseman mr Myers? you've never seen a tall defenseman like that, 8 feet tall. with hands and arms that are big, and HUGE.

ALSO congratulations to Weirdo Matthews for finally scoring on a Jets ice hockey goaltender. amazing job, sloppy bouncy lucky puck but amazing job. i hope he cherishes it, his first one.
What is this? Is this another Leafs fan?

Ondor

Banned
Got it👌

So glad I started here in the off-season. There are just so many
weirdo
posters to keep track of.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
His Handsomeness has arrived at the Garden:

Y18djat.jpg

Top Bottom