• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
JT Brown has received death threats for his "protest".

So you can't even raise your fist while standing during the anthem?

Erdrick

MLB playoffs tho!

Boston's season is on the line and they have Doug Fister on the mound, what a time to be alive

My friend is a huge Red Sox fan, so it's do or die for him today. Houston is damn good though.

Yeah but who'd be so stupid as to watch something as boring as baseball?

Boring? No, no, no. It's actually quite the opposite at times.

Baseball is awesome. Go away smelly

^^^
This.

Socreges

Banned
Boring? No, no, no. It's actually quite the opposite at times.
This is true. Under extraordinary circumstances, when several things conspire at once.

eg, down 2, 2 on, 2 out, bottom of the 9th, in game 7 of the World Series, baseball actually manages to qualify as entertaining despite itself

Erdrick

This is true. Under extraordinary circumstances, when several things conspire at once.

eg, down 2, 2 on, 2 out, bottom of the 9th, in game 7 of the World Series, baseball actually manages to qualify as entertaining despite itself

Exactly. It goes in spurts. I wont deny that there is plenty of slow parts but it's all build up and really just interesting to see the little things to me, like the batters and pitchers duel or when players steal bases, etc. When a team comes back from say 12-2 via a few grand slams, it's just awesome.

Houston/Cleveland is going to be such a good series.

Cheering for Cleveland though.

Basically me too. My stepfather is a huge Cubs fan, but hell, they already won it last year, so I'd prefer someone different.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Exactly. It goes in spurts. I wont deny that there is plenty of slow parts but it's all build up and really just interesting to see the little things to me, like the batters and pitchers duel or when players steal bases, etc. When a team comes back from say 12-2 via a few grand slams, it's just awesome.

so maybe for 10 minutes every 5 years baseball is exciting, got it

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV should be giving an update on the lineup tonight, but it doesn't look like the Rangers have made any transactions today, so it should be the same 12 forwards at the very least.

EDIT: Henrik Lundqvist gets the start tonight. AV also "contemplating other lineup changes." May go with 11F, 7D. (This is AV-ese for "I don't trust Chytil so I'm just going to put him in the box and dress Holden instead.")

RedRum

Banned
I think I need to be consoled.

Giants are winless. Yankees about to be eliminated. Rangers winless.

What more can go wrong..

-Markstrom was great after the first goal
-Sedins played 13-14 minutes each. A couple nice passes on the PP but were otherwise quiet.
-Baertschi and Granlund had chances but whiffed on them.
-Power play looked decent at times but 1/7 isn't great.
-Eriksson needed more than one shot on net.
-Virtanen played under 10 minutes, but they were ahead most of the game.
-Refs sure are cracking down on the slashing.

Only one game, but it's a start.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Vesey-Hayes-Zuccarello
Grabner-Miller-Nash
Chytil-Desharnais-Carey

Staal-McDonagh
Skjei-Shattenkirk
Holden-DeAngelo

Lundqvist

And with that, I'm out. Will have to watch the game later on DVR.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/08/peter-forsberg-on-matt-duchene/

"During a Swedish broadcast of the Avalanche-New Jersey Devils game Saturday in Newark, N.J., former Avs center and Hockey Hall of Famer Peter Forsberg was a guest in-studio analyst and said Colorado should “bench and trade” disgruntled center Matt Duchene."

19&21!

Yeah I read that a little earlier. I agree with him in spirit but it's not as simple as that.

On the other hand though, Duchene has torn my namesake apart. Trade him to Vegas for nothing. None of you vultures get anything. NO ONE IS HAPPY. PERFECT SOLUTION.

Top Bottom