• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Anybody have any hockey gear recommendations? I need to start getting stuff together and I dont even know what to get anymore. I used to have all CCM stuff but I dont know what product lines are decent anymore. Also not looking for top end stuff but Im not going to but cheap shit thats going to wear out in a month.
find a good shop that will fit skates and bake them for you (total/pure hockey will if you have those)

For everything else its hard to really say much. Just go shopping and check things out. My gear is a mix of many brands and I'm happy with basically all of it. Bauer chest protector, True stick, CCM shin guards (i think anyway).

Finding shit that you like the fit is most important imo.

Marvie_3

Banned
find a good shop that will fit skates and bake them for you (total/pure hockey will if you have those)

For everything else its hard to really say much. Just go shopping and check things out. My gear is a mix of many brands and I'm happy with basically all of it. Bauer chest protector, True stick, CCM shin guards (i think anyway).

Finding shit that you like the fit is most important imo.
I already have skates and sticks. Those are the easy part. I pretty much know the sizes for everything I need, obviously I'm gonna double check it before I buy anything. I was more just wondering if any of the brands went to shit as far as quality in recent years. :lol

I already have skates and sticks. Those are the easy part. I pretty much know the sizes for everything I need, obviously I'm gonna double check it before I buy anything. I was more just wondering if any of the brands went to shit as far as quality in recent years. :lol
as far as my experience they havent. Though I still dont think knowing the size is everything. I spend a lot of time at pure hockey trying shit on to just find one that feels right.

Especially elbow pads. I have thin arms.

Weevilone

Shootout wins are no fun, especially after choking away a lead. This team will get rinsed tomorrow by the Rags.

I agree it sucks to let a lead slip away, but we're fortunate they're playing as well as they are with this lineup.

Anytime you get wins while youngsters get XP it's a good thing.

Marvie_3

Banned
Stupid Isles.

as far as my experience they havent. Though I still dont think knowing the size is everything. I spend a lot of time at pure hockey trying shit on to just find one that feels right.

Especially elbow pads. I have thin arms.
No I know. I ditched all my old equipment when I moved to NYC. Just trying to figure out what I want to get.

Holiday

Banned
I agree it sucks to let a lead slip away, but we're fortunate they're playing as well as they are with this lineup.

Anytime you get wins while youngsters get XP it's a good thing.

Good points. I'll be more excited once Kostin, aka Kovalchuk Prime, starts playing.

Compher's short handed snipe from Soderberg
h6x2vCZ.gif

"I disagree with (Forsberg)," Bednar said Monday before a game against the Boston Bruins, per Mike Chambers of the Denver Post. "It’s hard for someone to say that that's outside of our room, you know? These guys have been together for a long time and we're focusing on winning hockey games, and he's a big part of that."

"I think Matt’s a top player for us right now, arguably our best forward last game, so I like the way we’re handling the situation," Bednar said. "I like the way he’s handling it. He’s here to play and his line has been real good.”

"So our focus is playing hockey (now) and I think that’s what Matt’s done a real good job of, coming in here and focusing on playing the game, being productive and being a good pro," Bednar added. "I don’t have any problems with the way we’ve handled it this (season)."
A rill gud pro

Bednar trying to salvage a messy situation. Take a screenshot 19 & 21, that might be the first and last time I say something nice about Bednar.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Laine
Matthias-Lowry-Petan
Tanev-Copp-Dano

Morrissey-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Trouba
Enstrom, Myers

Hellebuyck
Mason

Lineup for tonight's game against the Oilers. Tucker Poolman might play instead of one of the other defencemen but that'll be a gametime decision.

why isn't Laine playing with his bro Ehlers? wtf. they play PlayStation together! they're from northern Europe.. they jack each other off and go to Starbucks. theyre BUDDIES ffs let them play hockey together. stupid Maurice..

Yawnier

Banned
Literally every fucking team who was at the bottom 2-3 years ago has improved

Except Buffalol��

They're legit worse than the Loilers, even Mc�� aside
Sabres seem to be one of those teams that have gotten stuck in an eternal rebuild.

Also I see some of their fans already complaining about Brolieu lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
why isn't Laine playing with his bro Ehlers? wtf. they play PlayStation together! they're from northern Europe.. they jack each other off and go to Starbucks. theyre BUDDIES ffs let them play hockey together. stupid Maurice..

One of these things is not like the other

imBask

Banned
It's worth bringing up that this resulted in a 4 minute PP, 1:30 of 5-on-3 included, and the Isles still didn't score😂

Bergevin was at the game, and not scoring is a really big turn on for him so I expect a trade to happen tonight

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Did he actually say this??? Lol.

Patricia Cancilla @PatCancilla
Henrik Lundqvist now on beating the Habs tonight but not being able to beat the #Leafs last night: “Yesterday, we played a good team.” 😂😂😂

Not really. Watching the postgame, what he actually said was: "Yesterday we played a team that probably have the most skill in the league right now with all the forwards they have there, so if you're not in the right place it's gonna be a long one, and yesterday was very tough especially for me in the first period."

If anything, that's even more complimentary of the Leafs, but it's not the sassy zinger it was made out to be.

Top Bottom