• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Socreges

Banned
HEY GUYS
JOE IS A POINT PER GAME PLAYER
IN 3 GAMES
IN THE PRESEASON
MPW-41934.jpg

just pretend I photoshopped Drouin's face on it, thanks

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Few things that were noticeable when Julien took over, but are standing out now that he's had a full camp with the team

- Constant bump backs to the D / supporting forward instead of chipping or dumping the puck in, there's almost no dumps in now
- PP actually looks great once they get set up, but they've struggle to actually be able to set up, I assume that will come with time
- A lot more D to D passing and waiting for better options to open up
- Shaw is playing his best hockey right now, if he can carry this play into regular season, that's huge
- I can't remember the last Habs player I watched who could handle the puck like Drouin, as soon as it's on his stick you know it's him, he's going to rack up the PP points this season

Solo

Not even scrubs like Richard, Beliveau and Lafleur were PPG in the their careers in the CH.

All hail JOE.

imBask

Banned
Few things that were noticeable when Julien took over, but are standing out now that he's had a full camp with the team

- Constant bump backs to the D / supporting forward instead of chipping or dumping the puck in, there's almost no dumps in now
- PP actually looks great once they get set up, but they've struggle to actually be able to set up, I assume that will come with time
- A lot more D to D passing and waiting for better options to open up
- Shaw is playing his best hockey right now, if he can carry this play into regular season, that's huge
- I can't remember the last Habs player I watched who could handle the puck like Drouin, as soon as it's on his stick you know it's him, he's going to rack up the PP points this season

+ the "real" lines have barely changed, duos are pretty much locked in place which is something Therrien refused to do

Red_Man

+ the "real" lines have barely changed, duos are pretty much locked in place which is something Therrien refused to do
Also true, and like the article I mentioned the other day, the team has good forward depth despite what most people will think. The team has gone with only playing one or 2 legit lines in every game for most of preseason. Each of the lines tonight has been a threat, and had good to great chances to score. That fourth line has a 20 goal scorer on it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
sooo sportsnet says daly said hossa has had his physical done... when asked about lupul he said no comment

interesting

Red_Man

I honestly can't recall when last, if ever, DLR scored.

He's still getting cut tomorrow though.
I wouldn't bet on it. If he gets cut he has to go through waivers, Mitchell does not. Pretty sure they would rather send Mitchell down then risk losing DLR, and Mitchell hasn't played well enough to risk putting him out there.

Red_Man

DLR sucks though. Complete offensive vacuum and a waste of a roster spot.
Offensively he's been awful, he's always been decent to good defensively. He also started to pick it up offensively at the end of last season, not worth losing for a random fourth liner.

Red_Man

Mete starts the season. Hard to say if he can manage to stay past that 9 game trial, but man has he shown up for every game.

Ondor

Banned
Thank you Sens for having a worse goal differential than the Canucks.

Watching the Leafs game, who is in net for the Sens?

Three of my boys are in the Habs Lineup(crossing my fingers for Mete): Mete, Hudon and Lehkonen.

Hopefully my guys Bourque, Ikonen, Addison, Reway and McNiven make the show someday

Red_Man

Overall highlights of preseason

- Julien's obvious gameplay changes
- Drouin has looked normal at center
- Mete looks like an absolute steal
- Gallagher / Shaw seem to have fully recovered and are back to themselves
- We have 4 scoring lines for the first time in Habs history
- Hudon finally makes the team, and deserves it

DopeyFish

Man, listening to the SN guys is pure torture

Kyper suggesting the Leafs send down Leivo (waivers exist you fuck)
Kyper suggesting Leivo requesting a trade (good luck with that)
Romanuk saying Carrick could win it on his attempt (only red wings could)
Romanuk being completely terrible for every moment ever

Quick

Banned
Man, listening to the SN guys is pure torture

Kyper suggesting the Leafs send down Leivo (waivers exist you fuck)
Kyper suggesting Leivo requesting a trade (good luck with that)
Romanuk saying Carrick could win it on his attempt (only red wings could)
Romanuk being completely terrible for every moment ever

Add Armstrong post-game suggesting to keep Fehr up with the Leafs because of his intangibles.

DopeyFish

Add Armstrong post-game suggesting to keep Fehr up with the Leafs because of his intangibles.

Oh yes, just for shootouts lolol

Oh and notice when they were talking they had the lineup on the screen with JVR on the right wing (he's a left winger)

Ondor

Banned
We are using Brandon Sutter as a shutdown centre against McDavid. Wow, do I miss Kesler right about now.

Top Bottom