• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

X26 said:
Saw some flashes of it last season, this year is his breakout season, I can feel it in the farthest reaches of my loins

If the Eller we saw against Boston is the Eller we see this year, breakout season am confirmed.

Barring massive injuries, no fucking way is Ottawa last in the East. Will be an interesting year.

Dastardly Jerks said:
Look what I found in my local toy store today! (Yes, I'm surprised they had a section for NHL figures too)...

The Gustavsson action figure should scream "FUUUUUUUCK!" when you pull the string on the back or something.

set0lf.jpg

Vega

So excited!!! The Pens will ice their best team of the Crosby-Malkin era yet. Bow down to the Atlantic champs baby!

Vega

Why not? Same center depth when Sid returns, much better defense, and some top six wingers for a change.

X26

Banned
Yea I wouldn't be too optimistic, when he comes back Crosby will be one big hit away from lacing them up for the national sledge hockey team

Solo

Spire said:
People still don't get it, Pens will top the Atlantic even without Crosby.

I don't disagree. My Pens prediction is thus:

- Crosby plays 35-40 games
- Malkin has his best NHL season
- Pens win their division
- Pens get beat in the conference final

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
sazabirules said:
Who are the Penguins top line without Sid?

Sullivan - Malkin - Neal

When Crosby comes back, it'll probably Kunitz - Crosby - Neal.

I gotta get used to this thread being on the bottom of the stickies.

toro5741

Dastardly Jerks said:
I swear we have Islanders (Wong/Snow avatar)

Had to switch it up to Kabanov eerily peeking from behind a curtain, as I spend more time lurking and probably don't post nearly as much as I should.

Marvie_3 said:
NORTH AMERICAN HOME OPENERS
NY ISLANDERS - Sat., Oct. 8, Florida.

This is the most excited I've been for the start of the season in quite a while... CAN'T WAIT!

Conceptor

Can't wait for tonight. Was driving home from school the other day and I drove by a car with the plate 'RANGERS94' so I thought that was pretty awesome, lol.

fallout

Jets went rowing on the Red River yesterday. A couple of things:

Yes, there was Jets' head coach Claude Noel barking out orders, making friendly wagers and generally being the life of the party all the while wearing a black T-shirt featuring a skull and crossbones and the message: "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Just for the record, Team Beefcake -- including Dustin Byfuglien, Tanner Glass, Patrice Cormier, Evander Kane, Randy Jones, Jim Slater, Mark Stuart and Kaitlin Rempel of the Manitoba provincial team -- went undefeated in two races to claim the unofficial title and dressing room bragging rights.
Unsure how Wellwood didn't make that team.

Source: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...ogether-working-to-get-in-sync-131203909.html

OnPoint

Fei said:
Jason Pominville named the Sabres captain. Eh... I'm alright with that.

I'm not really shocked, per se. If I had to pick someone outside of Vanek it would have been J-poms. I wonder if his calm, Lady Bing-candidate demeanor will translate into a calculated mentality team-wide, or make the team soft instead.

Fei

OnPoint said:
I'm not really shocked, per se. If I had to pick someone outside of Vanek it would have been J-poms. I wonder if his calm, Lady Bing-candidate demeanor will translate into a calculated mentality team-wide, or make the team soft instead.

Yeah, I think he had the C most in preseason, so not a shock. Lindy probably knows what he's doing. I've always been lukewarm about Pommer. He's consistent, but I he doesn't have any real standout ability. Never gets too high or low. He just comes off as a bit uninteresting/boring to me.

CCF23

Have TSN on morning loop...Not paying attention. Look over at TV, see Lucic raising cup.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

Okay god tier Canucks GAF, is it Godson train this season? Been a bit out of the loop due to NFL-Age. (Also, living 5 mins from the the Habs rink...)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Woywitka was claimed by Rangers, get that giant pylon out of Montreal. Also apparently Betts has a shoulder injury and Enqvist is being called up anyways :lol not a great start for Betts.

Beuller? Beuller? Anyone? Anyone?

Anyone knows a great deal/promo-code for NHL Gamecentre Live? Why don't they bundle some coupons for NHL 12 owners?! It's preposterous I tells ya!

Solo

Red_Man said:
Woywitka was claimed by Rangers, get that giant pylon out of Montreal.

Solo said:
Habs official lineup:

Goaltenders

Peter Budaj
Carey Price

Defensemen

Chris Campoli
Raphael Diaz
Alexei Emelin
Hal Gill
Josh Gorges
Jaroslav Spacek
P.K. Subban
Yannick Weber
Jeff Woywitka

Centermen
Blair Betts
David Desharnais
Scott Gomez
Tomas Plekanec

Wingers
Michael Cammalleri
Erik Cole
Mathieu Darche
Brian Gionta
Andrei Kostitsyn
Travis Moen
Max Pacioretty

On injured reserve: Andrei Markov, Lars Eller, Ryan White

Still need to trade/waive/send down 2 players when everyone is healthy. Woywitka should be gone for 100% certain. As for the other, I still can't shake the feeling that Weber will be moved :(

FLEECED! PG slicing and dicing! Now just one more player to move.......

Fei

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I always forget about Buffalo because I never think of them of a New York city. Should be South Toronto.

Ugh.. I can live with being grouped in with Southern Ontario. But that's where I draw the line.

Fei said:
Ugh.. I can live with being grouped in with Southern Ontario. But that's where I draw the line.

Everyone I know in Buffalo tells me that they are referring to Toronto when they say they are "going downtown"

Red_Man said:
Woywitka was claimed by Rangers, get that giant pylon out of Montreal. Also apparently Betts has a shoulder injury and Enqvist is being called up anyways :lol not a great start for Betts.
I mentioned the bum shoulder yesterday as to why Philly dumped him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Epic Tales of Penis said:
I mentioned the bum shoulder yesterday as to why Philly dumped him.
He's played on average 72 games per season over the last 5 seasons, so I'm not worried, but this is obviously isn't a great start.

Fei

added_time said:
Everyone I know in Buffalo tells me that they are referring to Toronto when they say they are "going downtown"

Lol, ok. I've lived here forever and never heard that. Downtown is Chippewa if you're under 30. Elmwood if you're over.

SpacLock

FINALLY. The best sport in the universe is back.

Is there a nationally televised game today? If so, who?

Wings don't play until tomorrow.

Solo

SpacLock said:

Habs/Leafs nationwide in Canada on CBC
Pens/Nucks nationwide in Canada on CBC
Bruins/Flyers on Versus

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
SpacLock said:

I think there are two games on Versus but no NBC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom