• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moop1167

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Hi buddy!!!

Represent. I actually live in Chicago now, but lived in McLean, VA from 3rd grade until I went off to college, so I've been a fan since I was a kid. Was fortunate/unfortunate enough to be there for games 3 and 4 in '98.

snack

3N16MA said:
Canucks fans will have to wait a little while longer before they can get the taste of losing out of their mouth. Pens party tonight.
Wanna do an avatar bet, kind sir?

moop1167 said:
Represent. I actually live in Chicago now, but lived in McLean, VA from 3rd grade until I went off to college, so I've been a fan since I was a kid. Was fortunate/unfortunate enough to be there for games 3 and 4 in '98.

You and I will get along quite well. :)

Are you cute? :D

Acid08 said:
He got cut along with Braun and McCarthy.

McCarthy I can understand, Braun too because of our abundance of Defensman, but Ferreiro! Cmon, he's more proven than Wingels or Glassjaw Wincester.

Heretic

MPW said:
am i the only one here who likes soccer and hockey?

anyway .. WTF Betts is injured already? :(

leafs win tonight
I'm a fan of both. I thought both sports were well liked here. Guess not.

Acid08

Banned
Giant Robot said:
McCarthy I can understand, Braun too because of our abundance of Defensman, but Ferreiro! Cmon, he's more proven than Wingels or Glassjaw Wincester.
Wingels had a good camp and pre season, I think he deserves a 3rd line shot. Too many bottom 6 players really.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Acid08 said:
Wingels had a good camp and pre season, I think he deserves a 3rd line shot. Too many bottom 6 players really.

And his name is Wingels. He deserves a shot.

SpacLock said:
FINALLY. The best sport in the universe is back.

Is there a nationally televised game today? If so, who?

Wings don't play until tomorrow.

Can't wait seeing as how I have a feeling the Tigers are going to blow it tonight unfortunately, that will leave us with hockey and surprisingly the Lions as well, never thought I would say that.

3N16MA said:
Tigers stink and the Pens shat allover the Red Wings in 09.

You are slowly becoming the Tabris of PensAge all within 2 days, that has to be some sort of record.

Also Wings > Pens, shall I post the banners picture to remind you?

I'm so falling for his trolling attempts right now and I am ashamed

You'd put Wingels over Mitchell or McGinn?

I'm still kinda worried about the 4th line nonetheless. It's just a bunch of AHL scrubs + Andrew Murray who i have no idea how he is.

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Can't wait seeing as how I have a feeling the Tigers are going to blow it tonight unfortunately, that will leave us with hockey and surprisingly the Lions as well, never thought I would say that.
And you only have the Lions for a few weeks after that. Beginning on Thanksgiving, the Lions are going to be in a world of hurt.

Acid08

Banned
Giant Robot said:
You'd put Wingels over Mitchell or McGinn?

I'm still kinda worried about the 4th line nonetheless. It's just a bunch of AHL scrubs + Andrew Murray who i have no idea how he is.
McGinn will probably slot in on the 2nd line until Havlat is back. Desjardins isn't a scrub anymore and he's honestly the best option to center the 4th line. Andrew Murray was great in camp and preseason, he'll be a perfect 4th liner for us. Mitchell already has a permanent 3rd line spot with Handzus so that 3rd line winger will likely go between Wingels and McGinn.

Winchester fucking sucks though.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Dudes, is Montreal at Toronto on Center Ice tonight? When I checked my guide last night there was nothing scheduled on the Center Ice channels.

Acid08 said:
McGinn will probably slot in on the 2nd line until Havlat is back. Desjardins isn't a scrub anymore and he's honestly the best option to center the 4th line. Andrew Murray was great in camp and preseason, he'll be a perfect 4th liner for us. Mitchell already has a permanent 3rd line spot with Handzus so that 3rd line winger will likely go between Wingels and McGinn.

Winchester fucking sucks though.

Ahhh shit, i forgot that Havlat is still out.

I'd like to see Mitchell on the 2nd line with his speed while Havlat is out. Clowe is already the designated gritty forward for that line.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rodeo Clown said:
Dudes, is Montreal at Toronto on Center Ice tonight? When I checked my guide last night there was nothing scheduled on the Center Ice channels.
It's on CBC so chances are its blacked out for you unless you live somewhere with no CBC.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Here's an interesting factoid. Leaf winger Phil Kessel has registered more career assists (13) and more points (23) against the Canadiens than any other NHL club. Last season, he scored five goals and two assists against the Habs in their six games.

Hope the trend continues.

Marvie_3 said:
And you only have the Lions for a few weeks after that. Beginning on Thanksgiving, the Lions are going to be in a world of hurt.

Green Bay will fall to the mighty Lions!!

I wish...

Oh yeah, we get to raise a new banner tomorrow I believe to start this season, yeah!!! :D

Acid08

Banned
Giant Robot said:
Ahhh shit, i forgot that Havlat is still out.

I'd like to see Mitchell on the 2nd line with his speed while Havlat is out. Clowe is already the designated gritty forward for that line.
Yeah that first game line-up isn't really that important, Havlat is supposed to be back for the second game. Mitchell on the second line would take all the speed from the 3rd line though, Zeus and Wingels are not very speedy.

I'd also like to see Couture and Pavs switch spots. Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski seems like a somewhat redundant line.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Red_Man said:
It's on CBC so chances are its blacked out for you unless you live somewhere with no CBC.
Yeah, I'm in Amuricah, and I didn't know if Center Ice picked up national Canadian broadcasts. Guess I'm stuck with the Versus games tonight then. Thanks.

agE9H.jpg

Cry me a river, Philadelphia! Mwhahahahaha!!

3N16MA

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:

You are slowly becoming the Tabris of PensAge all within 2 days, that has to be some sort of record.

Also Wings > Pens, shall I post the banners picture to remind you?

I'm so falling for his trolling attempts right now and I am ashamed

I found your banner.

CqvAZ.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
CrazedArabMan said:
Green Bay will fall to the mighty Lions!!

I wish...

Oh yeah, we get to raise a new banner tomorrow I believe to start this season, yeah!!! :D

Going to that game on American Thanksgiving. I'm hyped! Got tickets in the 100s. :D

moop1167

Anyone live in the Toronto area? I want to watch the Caps/Canes but I am visiting my girlfriend this weekend and wanted to see if I could get the game. I have Center Ice at home so I could just DVR it for Sunday but I'm sure I'll know the score by then.

moop1167 said:
Anyone live in the Toronto area? I want to watch the Caps/Canes but I am visiting my girlfriend this weekend and wanted to see if I could get the game. I have Center Ice at home so I could just DVR it for Sunday but I'm sure I'll know the score by then.
I do. :)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Surprised there's so few Rangers fans on GAF compared to the other NY sports teams.

You can add me to the list. I have a good feeling about this season.

fallout

richiek said:
Surprised there's so few Rangers fans on GAF compared to the other NY sports teams.
I've noticed in other threads that we have a number of fans for various teams who just aren't active at all in this thread. Hell, I think I've even seen guys with hockey avatars that never post in here.

3N16MA

Banned
fallout said:
I've noticed in other threads that we have a number of fans for various teams who just aren't active at all in this thread. Hell, I think I've even seen guys with hockey avatars that never post in here.

I usually post in other sport specific forums that have general/game day threads instead of GAF. However I will try and post in here also for this upcoming season.

cheddar

Neo Member
Getting pumped for the Flyers tonight by rewatching the Broad Street Bullies documentary. I'm excited to see Jagr, Read, and Couturier in NHL regular season action, I'll be watching Couturier closely. I'm still thinking he only gets the 9 game tryout, but that may depend on both his and Matt Read's ability to impress the coaches.

3N16MA

Banned
cheddar said:
Getting pumped for the Flyers tonight by rewatching the Broad Street Bullies documentary. I'm excited to see Jagr, Read, and Couturier in NHL regular season action, I'll be watching Couturier closely. I'm still thinking he only gets the 9 game tryout, but that may depend on both his and Matt Read's ability to impress the coaches.

Flyers/Bruins. I can smell the stench from here.

t0mp

cheddar said:
so stoked my man. Matt Read will be the rookie of the year :) kid is awesome

Socreges

Banned
Soccer 1a. Hockey 1b. For me. But that said, bring that shit into these threads and you're asking for trouble.

Soccer practice was actually CANCELLED for tonight just because so many guys, like me, were "sick" or "out of town" (ie, watching Canucks season opener). This is Canada.

Gonna sneak out of work early to catch as much of the Leafs/Habs as I can. Woooo

3N16MA

Banned
Socreges said:
Soccer 1a. Hockey 1b. For me. But that said, bring that shit into these threads and you're asking for trouble.

Soccer practice was actually CANCELLED for tonight just because so many guys, like me, were "sick" or "out of town" (ie, watching Canucks season opener). This is Canada.

Should have went to practice. No point in watching the Canucks lose.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Socreges said:

Gonna sneak out of work early to catch as much of the Leafs/Habs as I can. Woooo

You're in Victoria, right?

cheddar said:
So happy my wife and I live in PA again, because there was no way I was going to be able get NHL Center Ice, since I got At Bat earlier in the year. I've been kind of lucky though since I was in Newark and Brooklyn before and got to see decent amounts of Flyers games. Hell I lived literally across the street from the Prudential Center.

Where are most Flyers games locally aired these days?

snack

3N16MA said:
What are the terms of this bet?
Canucks win, you rock a Canucks avatar of my choice and if Pens win, I'll rock a Pens avatar of your choice.

Lasts for 7 days so once the clock hits the 13th of October, loser may change their avatar.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So happy my wife and I live in PA again, because there was no way I was going to be able get NHL Center Ice, since I got At Bat earlier in the year. I've been kind of lucky though since I was in Newark and Brooklyn before and got to see decent amounts of Flyers games. Hell I lived literally across the street from the Prudential Center.

Where are most Flyers games locally aired these days?

Comcast sportsnet has most of the games. In my area though last year, comcast 2 had some of the games, I dont know if they are extending that this year or not. I am so fucking excited for tonight's game, I dont think they will win, I just really want to see all the new guys on the ice together.

3N16MA

Banned
snack said:
Canucks win, you rock a Canucks avatar of my choice and if Pens win, I'll rock a Pens avatar of your choice.

Lasts for 7 days so once the clock hits the 13th of October, loser may change their avatar.

I accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom