• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

SpacLock said:
FINALLY. The best sport in the universe is back.

Is there a nationally televised game today? If so, who?

Wings don't play until tomorrow.

ibeHHnZEVEBOO1.gif

OnPoint

^^^^ get that shit out of here ^^^^

Fei said:
Yeah, I think he had the C most in preseason, so not a shock. Lindy probably knows what he's doing. I've always been lukewarm about Pommer. He's consistent, but I he doesn't have any real standout ability. Never gets too high or low. He just comes off as a bit uninteresting/boring to me.

Yeah, that's about the gist of it. I feel like it's a placeholder situation anyway, until Myers is ready.

added_time said:
Everyone I know in Buffalo tells me that they are referring to Toronto when they say they are "going downtown"

lol what

Fei's right. Downtown is Chippewa (though I prefer Allen). Sorry, nobody says "I'm going downtown" and means Toronto in my experience. They say "I'm going to Toronto"

MPW

am i the only one here who likes soccer and hockey?

anyway .. WTF Betts is injured already? :(

leafs win tonight

Lothars

Wingfan19 said:
Ack, 160 bucks for GameCenter Live and 170 for Center Ice, why do I pay these whore charges!?!?
Yeah they are outrageous, I wish it was more in line with the MLB.tv prices of 120 a year.

I would be interested in GameCenter Live if it was cheaper right away but might get it once they drop the price during the season.

MPW said:

Soccer is like hockey without any of the interesting parts of the game. If I wanted to watch a diving competition I'd watch...well a diving competition.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Broooooons

also I just moved to San Jose so Shaaaaaaaarks only to be superceded by Broooons

I am extremely comfortable rooting for Joe Thornton as long as he plays (barring Canuck or Hab treachery of course).

BROOOONS I am excite

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Simon Belmont said:
Soccer is like hockey without any of the interesting parts of the game. If I wanted to watch a diving competition I'd watch...well a diving competition.

Is that the competition that Joe Thornton and Henrik Sedin participate in?

MPW

Lone_Prodigy said:
Parise was named Devils' captain.

devils trying everything to keep him and can't blame devils for trying, he's a great player

i would love to see parise sign with habs on july 1

Solo

Yemelin (who apparently we're supposed to now call Emelin, but I'm gonna keep calling him Yemelin) is going to dress, take the warm up, but not play......so close, so far away......

Solo

MPW said:
devils trying everything to keep him and can't blame devils for trying, he's a great player

i would love to see parise sign with habs on july 1

Won't happen - he always wanted to play for the Leafs, you see.

sazabirules said:
It wasn't even trying to make fun of those two players. I made that comment since he is ignoring the fact that it goes on in hockey.

Tu quoque, but it's not even close to the same level of prevalence in hockey as in soccer.

MPW said:

Soccer and hockey are my two favorite sports. Every other sport lags FAR behind them in my eyes.

Fei said:
Lol, ok. I've lived here forever and never heard that. Downtown is Chippewa if you're under 30. Elmwood if you're over.

haha to be fair, I only know two people from Buffalo and they have to come to Toronto a lot to DJ.

shagg_187 said:
Any good deals/coupons? I don't have Rogers anymore so I don't get any games anymore... :(

Sorry I took so long to read this, just woke up after night shift. But no, I didn't find any coupons. Just paid the $160 for actual Gamecenter Live ($10 off until Oct. 30) and $10 for the PSN thing.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
5 hours away.....I'm wearing a habs shirt today and was at Mcds and this 30 year old cashier gives me this disgusted face and tells me "eewwww habs take that shirt of and burn it", good times.

Marvie_3 said:
Finally finished the NHL-GAF allegiance list. I'm sure I'm still missing some though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31576356&postcount=80

I'll put a link in the OP as well.

You can add me as a Leafs fan, though I post rarely here. Anyway, so excited for the season to start today. It will be an interesting start for the Leafs for sure, as though we've improved overall, our line-up / chemistry is in a bit of turmoil with MacArthur suspended, Connolly out, Steckel just coming in, and Lombardi just getting back up to speed. Looking forward to seeing how well the team gels. And for fantasy hockey to truly get going!

3N16MA

Banned
Canucks fans will have to wait a little while longer before they can get the taste of losing out of their mouth. Pens party tonight.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Fei said:
Lol, ok. I've lived here forever and never heard that. Downtown is Chippewa if you're under 30. Elmwood if you're over.

I think the discrepancy here is due to you and added_time associating with people of very different socio-economic status.

I'm sure those that can afford to go to Toronto don't spend much of their free time in Buffalo.

Kurashima said:
You can add me as a Leafs fan, though I post rarely here. Anyway, so excited for the season to start today. It will be an interesting start for the Leafs for sure, as though we've improved overall, our line-up / chemistry is in a bit of turmoil with MacArthur suspended, Connolly out, Steckel just coming in, and Lombardi just getting back up to speed. Looking forward to seeing how well the team gels. And for fantasy hockey to truly get going!

Oh no, not another alt!

Red_Man

Solo said:
Yemelin (who apparently we're supposed to now call Emelin, but I'm gonna keep calling him Yemelin) is going to dress, take the warm up, but not play......so close, so far away......
Hopefully Spacek gets shipped out this year and makes room for Emelin & Diaz, also as weird as having Cole on the third line is, he should have his way with the leafs 3rd line and 3rd D pairing.

Acid08

Banned
Opening Roster for the Sharks.

Dan Boyle, Brent Burns, Ryane Clowe, Logan Couture, Jason Demers, Andrew Desjardins, Thomas Greiss, Michal Handzus, Patrick Marleau, Jamie McGinn, Torrey Mitchell, Andrew Murray, Douglas Murray, Joe Pavelski, Harri Sateri, Joe Thornton, Jim Vandermeer, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Colin White, Brad Winchester, Tommy Wingels.

Injured: Martin Havlat, Antti Niemi, Antero Niittymaki.

Niemi and Havlat are going to be back in the next game or two after the opener. Niitty and his glass groin is questionable for the season.

Red_Man

If Diaz played for the Leafs Manics / Epic would be all over him, he's a really good looking guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom